Manage and interact with your downloads in quick and easy way
Rate and share ! This is an open source Extension originally extended from chrome downloads API sample. You can find it on github at https://github.com/c0de0ff/DownloadManager Features: 1. nice, clean interface to easily access and view info of your downloads in a popup. 2. right click menu for every action on download item(see screenshot). 3. Search your downloads as soon as you start typing. 4. Shows download progress with pause, resume and cancel options. 5. drag and drop the items onto applications. 6. Desktop Notifications on download complete. 7. visual notification when download starts. 8. shows remaining time of download completion and its progress in icon itself. 9. disables download shelf at the bottom. 10. keyboard shortcuts for every option. Permissions: downloads => to access download list downloads.open => to open downloads downloads.shelf => to disable default chrome download bar clipboard => to copy download link onto clipboard notifications => to create desktop notifications when download completes activeTab=> to show download start notification in active tab allTab and browsing history => to render download start notification in the current tab
- (2020-01-22) Zyx Yt: This extension is just a frontend for Chrome's downloader. I downloaded it because I find the Chrome downloading bar distracting. This extension is convenient and it doesn't show anything except the small icon when downloading. People giving it a bad rating because it doesn't "speed up" their downloads is ridiculous. To speed up your downloads use IDM or get a better internet package.
- (2020-01-16) Adrian Dérick: O Google Chrome tem seu gerenciador de download próprio, mas infelizmente são poucas as opções, seria bom ter a opção de deixar os downloads no canto superior direito. Como a empresa não faz isso, essa extensão faz, e faz muito bem. Uso apenas para deixar os downloads no canto superior direito.
- (2020-01-13) Isaac Clarke: Nejvíc, úplně Best !!!
- (2020-01-09) Sgav Roche: Very usefull and the best tiny must have extension on Chrome !!!
- (2020-01-09) 권순성: 초창기 버전부터 잘 쓰고 있는 유저입니다. 이전에는 목록에서 파일을 드래그해서 바로 복사하거나 이동할 수 있었는데 어느순간 그 기능이 없어졌네요? 정말 편한 기능인데 뭐가 문제 일까요?
- (2019-12-25) B14CK G4M3R: It still works great, also if you enable parallel downloading in chrome://flags to accelerate download speed then is better than paid and complicated programs.
- (2019-12-24) Ray P: Been using this extension for years. It has been great to manage and quickly open/delete my files without going into my Windows explorer every single time to do it. It's too bad that development seems to have been discontinued, I have not seen update for it in years. Also, drag-and-drop seems to have stopped working for me after some Chrome update... no idea why. Would really like to see development pick up for it again
- (2019-12-17) Nassib Hammoudi: adoré
- (2019-11-10) Fahim Shakil: been using it for couple of months. it's great. keep it up guys (y)
- (2019-11-09) EpicCrafter20: So it seems to minimize the amount of times the download would throw out network failure and also made the download go from about 20 minutes to about 8, decent manager at the least even if these results aren't completely accurate.
- (2019-10-28) Francine de Matos: What i needed, simple and functional.
- (2019-10-13) Abdulkadir Aytekin: not working
- (2019-10-08) Tau Origin: Браузер ужасно долго запускаться стал с некоторых пор и всё из-за этого приложения. А так удобное.
- (2019-10-01) Gary Tyson: Simple and helpful. Works and makes my life easier
- (2019-09-22) Rob Ammerlaan: Untill last months, I could drag and drop the items from the toolbar manager. This is not working at the moment. Is this possible?
- (2019-08-22) Dreaker Bluster: 随着下载记录的增多，启动会越来越卡。现在已经不可用了几乎
- (2019-08-19) Yingfen Yi: Is there any problem with it? It worked well previously but recently, it crashed every time I open Chrome. If I reload it, it will crash again later. Is there anyway to fix it?
- (2019-08-02) z3y: This the best download manager plugin I could find for Chrome. I haven't experienced any slowdowns when starting up the browser. I wanted a replacement for the huge bottom download bar and something more like downloads in Firefox, which this plugin does well. The design is something that could change, even tho its much better than the ugly download bar, it feels outdated, but I am here for the functionality.
- (2019-07-31) Hakan Er: Eklentide büyük bir problem var. Tarayıcı başlatırılırken aşırı cpu ve ram tüketiyor, tarayıcının açılmasını dakikalarca bekliyorsunuz.
- (2019-07-25) Venack Lentz: High CPU usage when starting Opera. Didn't happen before, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. How do I know this is the culprit for the CPU usage? Because it says so in the Opera task manager and after closing it, Opera starts to work well.
- (2019-07-24) heck: It works no problem 99% of the time. It does struggle when I'm downloading something large in an internet-hating country and forced to use a VPN, but that's not really the extension's fault.
- (2019-07-17) Michael Chiasson: Loved it until it started locking up my browser. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling but no dice. Having it on my otherwise fast gaming laptop isn't worth waiting a minute for Chrome to open.
- (2019-06-28) yao raymond: 相当致命的问题：随着下载记录的增加越来越卡，最后打开CHROME需要10分钟！希望能修复这个严重的BUG
- (2019-06-10) RCB: It is good, but I want light mode. I am using dark mode on Windows 10 and I use Edge Developer. So I cant see the icon.
- (2019-05-27) Madoka Ayukawa: It's not what i was looking for, this extension only shows what's already downloading, it cannot be used to download new files from sites like Mega, or MediaFire, it's not for me
- (2019-12-28, v:6.7.2) Bill Slack: Downloader doesn't play well with Linux
FOr every download, tehre is a horrible popup in the upper-right of my screen. The more downloads I do, the more of these black popups appear until they are all flashing and quivering. VERY distracting. If I don't clear the downloads as they happen, the second download will cause this to happen.
- (2019-12-19, v:6.7.2) Jack Bryant: Notification for last download not new one.
Hi, everything is working great just one thing when a notification pops up for new file downloaded the notification is for previous file. Windows 10
- (2019-12-17, v:6.7.2) Callum W: constant 90-100% CPU
Great app, but I've noticed in the last few weeks that it pinns the CPU at 100% on startup and then 70-90% consistently after that. Discovered it was this extension after process of alimination with other extensions that I suspected (ABP, Ghostery and Web Developer). Now my browser starts up, spikes the CPU to 80% for 5s (normal) then back to idle as it should be. I'm not removing the extension as I really like it, but I've disabled it until it's resolved.
- (2019-11-23, v:6.7.2) Adam Bryan: Causing Extreme Lag to Chrome Load time
Recently I have been having an issue with my Chrome browser. It takes 3-5 minutes to load , so I disabled all my extensions, cleared my history (and other data), closed chrome, waited for it to leave memory (check via task manager) and then relaunched. The issue had gone away and so I went about enabling a single extension and then closing and relaunching Chrome and repeating for each extension (Note: only a single extension was enabled on each launch). The only extension that caused the issue was your 'Download Manager' which is a real shame as I rely heavily on it, especially as no other extension comes close to the productivity as yours. As there was no options for your extension (something I'm very happy with) the only course of action I could take was to remove the extension, relaunch, reinstall and relaunch again, but the issue was still there - please can you assist. Thank You greatly in advance
- (2019-10-15, v:6.7.2) Shania Duchene: Causes Chrome to Not Open
I was having difficulty opening Chrome, so I followed suggestions to delete all extensions and apps to figure out which one was the problem. After working through all extensions and apps and re-downloading each individually, I discovered this extension was causing the problem. Whenever I would open Chrome, it would be unresponsive for 10+ minutes, never loading the browser. I quite liked this extension previously, so I am sad it is causing my browser to no longer work.
- (2019-09-30, v:6.7.2) Kevin Snyder: Opening Files
When I click the notification, I can no longer open the file directly. I get a box that pops up asking for permission to open the file. Is this a new limitation of Chrome?
- (2019-09-15, v:6.7.2) ReLodean: drag and drop
the drag and drop feature dosnt work anymore :c please help
- (2019-08-28, v:6.7.2) Do you really: [email protected]
Nony of That
- (2019-07-06, v:6.7.2) asaduz zaman: yes
- (2019-06-09, v:6.7.2) Welaxxx: need update and refresh look and icon for mac and windows please
need update and refresh look and icon for mac and windows please
- (2019-05-20, v:6.7.2) Van Kienlen: Are you alive ?
Wondering if there is any dev alve ?
- (2019-05-19, v:6.7.2) Ooku Roku: Notification bug
Been using this extension for months and it's been great, however, recently there's been a problem, sometimes when I download something several previous download notifications show up at once, filling the right side of my screen.
- (2019-05-10, v:6.7.2) Van Kienlen: Icon/text size on widescreen
Hi man, I enjoyed your extension but now I switched to a wide 4k screen, but it seems the text and icon isn't scaled. It's super super tiny, unreadable, do you have a solution ?