Get feedback on your writing instantly. Writefull checks your text against databases of correct language.
Writefull is an app that gives feedback on your writing by checking your text against databases of correct language. You can use Writefull in any writing tool - from MS Word to Gmail. Simply select a piece of text, hit the short-key to activate Writefull, and choose one of its many options: - Check how often your selected text is found in the language database, and see how it is used in context. - Hear how your text is pronounced. - Translate from any language into English. - Enter two chunks and compare how often they are found in the database. Also see how they are used in context. - Find out which words are used most often in a gap in your selected text. - See which synonyms of a given word are used most often in your selected text. Writefull has been featured in The Next Web, Entrepreneur Magazine, BBC and others. Writefull has also been awarded the Catalyst Grant 2016.
- (2020-01-15) Leask Wong: I liked it, but it does not work anymore on the latest version chrome browser.
- (2019-12-12) Sang Woo Park: It's magic.
- (2019-09-06) Alejandro Mayoral Baños: I am wondering if the synonym feature is now fixed? I cannot make it work in Chrome or Mac.
- (2019-05-28) Rok Petric: Happy that I have found this app, very useful!
- (2019-05-03) Phúc Trần: Can you make a mobile version for phone?
- (2019-03-24) Amy P: I love this app. I am a medical writer/editor and this app allows me to quickly check terminology against Google Scholar. I do have one suggestion for the developer: it would be really nice to be able to click on examples in the search results and be taken to the actual article.
- (2019-03-13) Eliezer Steinbock: I'm a developer and I need the control-space shortcut for other sites I use. Writefull overrides this and the only solution I've found is to disable Writefull to use the other Chrome apps as I desire. This should really be fixed. If there was a way to disable or customise Writefull shortcut that would solve the issue.
- (2019-02-17) Philip Kigo: It is a useful app, works very well. However, if you are using GNU/Linux, the desktop app will not have the ability to use /say for pronounce. If you need that functionality you'll have to use it on google chrome. Very useful for students and professionals.
- (2019-01-16) jaume tarradas: Pretty useful. As a non-native english speaker, this helps me find out the best and correct way to phrase my writings.
- (2018-12-03) John Ren: Always want something like this. Hope I have found this early~~
- (2018-10-31) Hari Prasath: Powerful tool. But the synonyms feature doesn't work for me. Cannot figure out why.
- (2018-03-02) Cường Trần: Love!!!!
- (2018-02-24) Luis Ángel Ramírez Hernández: NO option to remove shortcut Ctrl + Space Unacceptable to clutter chrome with irremovable shortcuts.
- (2018-02-04) The best dictionary/thesaurus extension! It is amazing!
- (2018-02-02) JumpinJimmy: My only issue is that this did not come out while I was in college :)
- (2018-01-30) 姚刚: Very useful app!!! I use it a lot! I hope it could support Spanish and other languages in the future~
- (2018-01-06) Станислав Аутлов: К сожалению есть поддержка только английских источников
- (2017-12-29) soon-jae Kwon: This is such a wonderful app. Those who speak English as a second language like me can get a sense of English easier with this. Thank you so much!
- (2017-10-27) Minh Tam Tran: tuyệt vời.xin cảm ơn nhà phát triển :))
- (2017-10-22) I-Chen Hsieh: Thank you for designing such a great tool. As a non-native speaker who studies in the field of linguistics, I found this tool is very handy and powerful. I will definitely recommend this tool to my colleagues and students. I was just wondering if it is possible to add the feature about antonyms?
- (2017-10-12) R K: Getting synonyms in context not working. Please fix it!!! "There was a problem with your search. If this keeps happening, contact us at [email protected]"
- (2017-09-06) Jason Maskell: This app is amazing. Some great text tools that can transform your writing. I can think of many a time, where I was scratching my head - knowing what I wanted to write, but the perfect words I have in my mind, being just out of grasp. A tool like this, solves that. My only issue, is that I cannot get the synonym search to work AT ALL. It says that there was a problem with my search. Whether I click on the example, or try my own.
- (2017-09-03) 刘一聪: 超级好用了，良心软件！ 有详细说明：http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MjM5MjAyNDUyMA==&mid=2650496264&idx=2&sn=fbcf3eb5f88f42f3cfabefd992eef1db&chksm=bea36faf89d4e6b973c0bf7537febb77ad512c6b14202530a6a520468aee950b4fec04e02b97&mpshare=1&scene=1&srcid=12192jLfxFI0tt42rY6r6n5k#rd
- (2017-06-30) Alexei Zakharov: The extension doesn't work. It doesn't find anything. I just go to the website directly to get some actual search results.
- (2017-04-01) Comparison tool for two sentences (giving the occurrence % for both=) is useful, but for the other tools, I prefer Linguee or googling directly the sentence.
- (2017-03-23, v:1.5.2) Shahreen Alam Meem: Uninstall
How do I uninstall this chrome extension?