Quickly display single and multi-page .tiff/.tif images in your browser. Mouse-wheel zoom and drag-drop image. Export images as png.
View Tiff (*.tif) images in Chrome. This free extension recognizes various techniques used to display TIFF files in early versions of Chrome and IE (img, object, embed). It also recognizes AlternaTIFF objects. The extension converts tif files to png to display inline. Multi-Image tiff files are also converted and shown as individual images. Tiff images can be zoomed in and out and moved with mouse. Suggestions for future updates are welcome... as well as, reporting issues. Thanks for trying ITV. I hope it helps you out. Doug
- (2019-11-19) Diane Sherrill: I do title searches online and some counties use a web site that only has view-able documents if you have a tiff viewer. They supply a free Alterna Tiff viewer but it doesn't work with Chrome... and I really NEED to be able to view those documents. I've tried a bunch of different things but nothing let me view all the pages until I found your site. Thank you!!!!
- (2019-09-22) Ali Pourfarzaneh: It does not work! When I open a page with a Tiff file embedded, it doesn't show the Tiff. Instead, download window pops up! :( The OS is Windows 7 Professional x64 (Version 6.1, Build 7601 - Service Pack 1) and Chrome Version is 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build/64-bit).
- (2018-12-13) Gary Miller: It does what it says, but that's probably not what you want it to do. It will show tiff images inline, on a web page that has them embedded, which overcomes the problem of Chrome not rendering them. But if you want something that lets you view tiff files in, for example, Google Drive, then it can't do that. It's not an 'Open with' file viewer.
- (2018-12-12) Ved Sharma: This extension did not work for me. For example: this page does not show inline tiff images in Chrome https://forum.image.sc/t/non-local-means-bit-depth-and-image-size/21533 I am running Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Windows 10 machine
- (2018-06-23) Dears Family E-mail: Didn't work
- (2018-04-17) Andrew Calvin: Hi. I can't get it to work where the .html file and the .tif file that is referenced are both local. I can view tiff files online.
- (2018-04-16) Luis Bordón: excelente me soluciono la vida
- (2018-02-01) George Williams: Doesn't work. Only loads an extension called " ITV" that asks to donate money on Amazon. Doesn't actually open .tif files. I bought a Chromebook, found out it wont support .tif USGS maps. Downloaded this viewer hoping for a fix and it just asked for money at http://quotelight.com/TiffViewer. It also says "get it on google play", a link that sends me back to the app store for Chromebook where I found the viewer in the first place.
- (2017-11-15) Robert Mack: It works perfect for viewing the wiring diagrams for my work!!! The ONLY one that worked for viewing them. Highly Recommended!
- (2017-09-28) Aria: thanks, very helpful, do you make extension for firefox too?
- (2017-09-20) Isabella Valdivia: This sucks, does not work. cannot get it to work.
- (2017-08-03) Quote Light Randomness: Excellent solution to missing tiff support.
- (2019-08-07, v:1.5.0) Akhila Podupuganti: Hello Regarding the zooming effect.
Hello, Sir. this plugin is working fine for me. But I wanted the zooming effect in different way. I just wanted to zoom my image only on hover of image. no scroll in or out. It is extra effort to scroll in and out for the user.
- (2018-09-24, v:1.5.0) Karuppusamy Subbya: Inline TIFF Viewer Not Working
Hi, I have added the ITV extenion to Chrome and tried to display the TIFF image via IMG tag in HTML but still i am not able to view. Please help me
- (2018-08-25, v:1.5.0) Charley Rouse: Win 10 / Chrome 68.0.334
Add Plug-in Restarted Chrome Still unable to view TIFF Files (USPTO.GOV), any thoughts, happy to work with you to achieve solution : )
- (2018-02-23, v:1.1.0) Mark Puckett: downloaded TIF files
I'm trying to view downloaded TIF files but have been unsuccessful using ITV. There does not seem to be any way to open a downloaded file.
- (2018-02-04, v:1.1.0) Mac McCallum: Open link to TIF in new tab.
Hi, When I click on a link to a TIFF, it just opens a download dialog box. I'd rather open the tiff in a new browser tab without downloading. Is this possible? thanks.
- (2018-01-03, v:1.1.0) James Claiborn: doesn't seem to work
I just downloaded Inline Tiff viewer. As part of my work I have to study files that are sent to me as tiff files with an index that is an HTML file. I need to open specific documents from the index and use a tiff reader. I have another tiff reader I use with other browsers but wanted to use Chrome. The viewer is enabled but does not open the tiff files.
- (2017-10-04, v:1.1.0) .tif
how this type of file can be download?