This plugin will tell you why you opened facebook
Ever open Facebook to check something but then suddenly, it's hours later and you have no idea why you're there in the first place? Enough!! Focusbook helps you stay productive on Facebook. When you first open it, it will demand that you specify a goal, and it will remind of that goal periodically, until you close Facebook. It's not well built by any standard and has some bugs. But I'm finding that these annoying bugs actually make it MORE effective, so I might leave them for now. DEVS - pull requests welcome: https://github.com/yonahforst/focusbook v 1.3: added 'safe for work' mode
- (2019-06-25) Robin Melior: Das besch... tool ever!!! Du kommst zu gar nix!!! der schei.. geht die alle 30 sek auf den sack und man kann es nirgends ausstellen. Der Schrott hat mich so dermaßen auf die Palme gebracht!! Das war doch bloß irgend ein gefrusteter Streich?!!! So wie mein Drücken-Sticker an der Bürotür (sie geht nach außen auf).
- (2018-09-13) Arnab Mukherjee: this is one of the most useful little clever extension that i have ever installed, plz make it possible to add more sites like YT, instagram by user!!! (4* for now)
- (2018-03-04) Jilian Andrus: Really helps me get back to what I'm doing but I wish you could set increments of time for the pop ups. Sometimes I have to send messages for work and the sporadic times between the pop ups doesn't help (sometimes it's 3 seconds other times it's like 30). If I could set it to go off at certain intervals (such as one minute) it would help me out a lot.
- (2017-03-29) Belén Piñeiro: He intentado desinstalarla y no hay manera. Si alguien te llama por la videollamada del messenger del FB, la extensión se bloquea y no puedes cerrarla, por lo que es imposible ver a la otra persona.
- (2016-05-26) Emmanuel: Exactly what I need to stop myself from getting lost and wasting time on Facebook. It almost always happens and I always regret it. Probably has saved me more aggregate time than any other browser plugin by at least a few orders of magnitude. If I could give it 6 stars, I would.
- (2016-05-18) Anton Khodak: Guys, awesome extension! I drastically reduced time on Facebook due to your plugin. Is that possible to add such an extension to other time-sucking websites? I'm even ready to pay for a similar thing for vk.com
- (2016-05-18) Beyar: This tool really helped me!
- (2016-05-09) Thu karry: cáh xóa như thế nào ạ
- (2016-05-05) Josh Roberts: Very useful! Would be handy for it to somehow turn off on weekends or days off.
- (2016-05-04) Holman Calderón: I don't know how, but this works! pd: I think that I hate facebook now
- (2016-05-03) Walter Colchado: Mobile Version, PLEASE!
- (2016-05-02) Volkan Yılmaz: meh
- (2016-04-26) Patrick Lau: Let's admit we all need a slap on the wrist when wasting away on Facebook.
- (2016-04-25) Sherri Rochester: the 'no swearing' thing is not working. I might have to remove this
- (2016-04-25) Renaat: Please make one for Youtube
- (2016-04-25) Ashiq AbdulKareem: Never been more greatful! Woah.
- (2016-04-25) Juan Criollo: Nice!!
- (2016-04-24) Bachir Benyammi: Nice idea, Wish the see the inappropriate words replaced by more gentle onces
- (2016-04-24) tj varma: good one
- (2016-04-23) Ben Kay: "Get back to f**n work". 5 *s for an app that puts you in your place.
- (2016-04-22) Jair Stre: Great extension, awesome to have a "clean" setting as well. Great work guys!
- (2016-04-22) Ishank Chauhan: now i know what im doing :) thanks for developing this extension
- (2018-04-26, v:1.5) Luisa Reyes: timer
I really like focusbook is very useful but sometimes I do need to stay for at leat 1 hour in FB for job purposes and There is no way to stop it! so in this situations it would be super useful a timer asking how many time do you need to complete your task!!!!
- (2018-04-24, v:1.5) Stephanie Ciancio: Kicked off page
Hey there! Super excited that I found an app to do exactly what I've been needing in my facebook zombie sessions. I was just trying it out while searching for something specific on the page. By the time I found the post in the feed of that page and started typing, the prompt popped up. I asked for a few more minutes and then it redirected me to a new page. It ended up taking me 3 x as long to do what I set out to do. Is that a bug that could be fixed?
- (2016-11-20, v:1.5) André Pinheiro: Fb dev
Please exclude the https://developers.facebook.com page
- (2016-05-09, v:1.3) Thu karry: /
cáh xóa như thế nào ạ vướng quá :(
- (2016-05-06, v:1.3) Russell Barnes: Data collection from Facebook
What data is the extension able to read/change? I love the concept overall, but the idea that it can read my personal info isn't something I'm particularly keen on...
- (2016-04-25, v:1.3) Mano Vandemoortel: Disable at home
This plugin would be a lot more practical for me if it would only bug me at work and not at home. Disabling via the extension icon would be nice, disabling on certain networks via settings would be even better.
- (2016-04-25, v:1.3) Mano Vandemoortel: Ok button
Would be nice to also have an "ok" button if the extension tells you to go back to work, which closes the facebook tab. Now I can only snooze.
- (2016-04-24, v:1.3) Julián Grigera: Safari version?
Loved your idea, it's just what I need... are you guys by any chance considering making it also a Safari extension? Thanks
- (2016-04-24, v:1.3) Bachir Benyammi: Avoiding impolite words
Nice idea, please keep up the good work Would love to omit the inappropriate words (e.g f**k off !!) so it can be more usable and suitable for all kind of people including kids and elders
- (2016-04-23, v:1.3) Юлия Ермолаева: For Russia
Please add another site: vk.com! Very necessary! :)