Change or invert the color scheme to make webpages easier to read.
*** Negative - Revert Web Colors - High Contrast Theme & Skin Revert colour for webpages. All high contrast themes & skins are included. Change or invert the color scheme, theme & skin to make webpages easier to read. Turn on/off negative effect (high contrast) for all webpages on the same domain at once! "Negative - Revert Web Colors (High Contrast Theme & Skin)" lets you browse the web with your choice of several high-contrast color filters designed to make it easier to read text. When you install this extension, all pages are "inverted", so black becomes white and white becomes black. Press the "browser action" icon in the toolbar to toggle it on and off, or customize your settings on a per-site basis. Use a convenient keyboard shortcut to quickly change your settings while you browse. Other extensions try to change the default colors, but this ends up breaking many popular websites. Only this extension applies filters to your page that invert almost everything - the only exception is photos, which are left alone. Also note that the Chrome web store and other built-in pages like the New Tab page and Settings pages are unaffected - extensions like this one are not allowed to modify them, by design. *** How to "Negative - Revert Web Colors (High Contrast Theme & Skin)" : 1. Go to any webpage and click the "Negative - Revert Web Colors (High Contrast Theme & Skin)" toolbar icon. You can choose these themes & skins settings: - Increased Contrast - Grayscale - Inverted Color - Inverted Grayscale - Yellow on Black 2. Click "Set as default scheme" to Save the settings, or Disable it completely to restore the default colors of websites. Restart browser or refresh all tabs for the new setting to take effect. 3. Rank the extension with 5 stars and tell your friends about it :)
- (2020-02-04) MistyThe Willow: I cant change my browser back and couldn't choose it and I am panicking!
- (2019-12-18) Teco Ecom: Awesome and simple to use, loved it!!! ☺☻♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
- (2019-11-20) Peter Zhao: This extension worked great and was better than the previous 4 or 5 that I installed. Some sites don't work, but it's good enough for something free.
- (2019-10-01) Adam L.: Doesn't work.
- (2019-08-31) Michael Reynolds: Excellent!!
- (2019-08-28) Cora Everleigh: it doesnt do anything at all
- (2019-08-22) Sarah Depue: i like the invert i always have
- (2019-08-17) Jane Cunningham: Ive tried to make the screen black with yellow text. It never showed up. Do not waste your time with this junk
- (2019-08-13) Mehdi Bahmani: well done
- (2019-07-28) Anton Iliev: Does nothing...
- (2019-07-14) Zea Boyle: Very nice
- (2019-06-19) Tyler Kline: The yellow on black is especially useful, but I have some problems. On Apex Learning, whenever the extension is enabled, it freezes the page and makes every element unusable, but it doesn't freeze the computer or increase cpu usage at all. I made a document that has everything you need to look into the error - http://bit.ly/2IRHOFe
- (2019-06-10) Isabella Smart: it didnt work for me, i have windows 7.
- (2019-05-20) Chase DuBois: This extension looks and functions exactly like the "High Contrast" extension offered by Google Accessibility. I tried this one to avoid some issues with the Google version (can't see images in Docs when enabled, and some Docs tabs won't invert while other ones do), but this version has the same issues.
- (2019-05-14) John Ngai: USEFUL,THANKS
- (2019-03-28) yen ho nam: ok
- (2019-03-26) Jens Oeste: Endlich keine leuchtenden seiten mehr :) wenn alles andere Dark Theme hat. NICE
- (2019-02-27) Mickey David: Thank you.
- (2019-02-10) HaxXNOR ECMOS X-tra: |OH NO! |Blind....
- (2019-01-26) Mark Pasinski: I could not even get it to switch to grayscale. And the Icon kept reading High Contrast even though I selected Grayscale. I even pressed 'set as default scheme' since this was the only 'button' available to push. I either do not understand it, or it does not work on my set-up.
- (2018-12-15) Vaughan Johnston: Love this extension, the only thing I'm missing is a scheme which leaves images alone but inverts everything else... That would make this perfect for me :)
- (2018-11-23) Alexandre Huat: Fais son job. Dommage qu'il ne s'active qu'à l'ouverture d'un nouvel onglet.
- (2018-10-16) George Dumitru: Only text should be inverted. Photos, videos and web apps shouldn't be altered.
- (2018-09-30) wiawaysb: interferes with gmail interface and causes chrome to freeze. other than that yeah it fulfills its purpose and negates the color sites.
- (2018-09-05) Daniel Wisdom, PhD.: Very helpful to me as I have limited vision and do not see the normal colors well. I just wish I did not have to adjust the app each time I open a page. I just can get it to set it as default scheme.
- (2019-09-02, v:2016.9.9.2) Cheryl Blake: Keeps reverting without warning.
I set myself a beautiful high contrast view, but it disappears after a few minutes.
- (2019-08-31, v:2016.9.9.2) Prosenjeet Paul: Its not working anymore
its not working anymore after Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2019-08-08, v:2016.9.9.2) Rosie Rogo: Won't work
I have a new Win 10 computer and just added this extension. When I click "Enable" nothing happens...no negative colors. Did I do something wrong? The extension is good to go as soon as it's installed, correct?
- (2018-12-07, v:2016.9.9.2) ezzy B: hELP!
i DELETED THIS WITH OUT TURNING IT OFF AND NOW EVERYTHING LOOKS NEGAGTIVE AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO/
- (2018-10-15, v:2016.9.9.2) 채진태: I can't find any 'eye' icon.
So I can't use it.
- (2018-04-09, v:2016.9.9.2) N N: Good stuff, could use a tweak.
First, thanks- works well for what it is, and how it do :) I'm disocvering though, that Google related sites, and Reddit with RES running, it causes 'refresh' issues. webm videos don't play, but will hobble through frames if you scroll the page. gmail/google results won't refresh if you select an item either. Disabling your otherwise gloriously functioning extension fixes all the above though. Perhaps an option to blacklist sites in total, so no post processing occurs on them at all? That aside, thanks :)
- (2018-01-20, v:2016.9.9.2) Fred Raines: Mouse click stops working
On Negative enabled pages mouse click does not work. Simple test - enable on google, open gmail page, try to click on email or do a search, return to previous page, try to change search criteria.
- (2018-01-06, v:2016.9.9.2) Giacomo Lorenzi: Activation
How can i activate the effects after i selected them?
- (2017-10-29, v:2016.9.9.2) Invert colors extension
Maybe I do not understand the purpose of this extension but as far as I can tell it sucks. This is more of a review than a problem but there is no way i am making a stupid google account to review something.
- (2017-09-21, v:2016.9.9.2) Jackey Cheung: Extra "contrast" controll
This app work great, thanks a lot. But it would be a lot better if we can control the "contrast" of inverted content. Or mimics the effect (say, by applying extra controllable transparency to content). The point is, after inverted, though it's a lot better to see, many web sites' content are still too bright.
4.0 (216 votes)
Last update / version
2017-02-25 / 2016.9.9.2