Removes FBCLID parameters at the source in Messenger.
This extension removes the FBCLID parameter from links on Facebook Newsfeed and Messenger. It triggers on click, and only when a "fbclid" parameter is detected, it is therefore very kind to resources. As Facebook have started to utilise the "fbclid" parameter and currently have no opt-out, and suspicions that it is being used for marketing, it is only fair that a user have the choice to be able to opt-out. This may break some links, feel free to get in touch if it manages to break something.
- (2021-02-18) Klaus Post: Doesn't work.
- (2021-02-16) Pontus Fröding: Doesn't work, doesn't remove fbclid at all.
- (2020-02-01) Troy Graham: Works as described in 2020. Bloody annoying as hell having to go through a redirect to get to a page. Thanks to this extension I no longer have to! Ripper of a job Robert!
- (2019-12-25) David Filskov: Didn't work for me. That's odd.
- (2019-11-29) Mori gen: Basically did not work at all. fbclid is still in the URL, even after you click it and load the page. And that was the whole point of the extension.
- (2019-06-04) Marc Dowie: Great extension. Works perfectly.