A Debugging tool to help you test Websocket APIs
Smart WebSocket Client is an extension for Google Chrome to help test your Web Socket services. 1. Enter the URL for your Web Socket server. 2. Click Connect. 3. Input request text, then click Send. 4. The extension show response messages. This project is under active development. Feel free to post issues on github.
- (2021-04-22) Majid Zarrinkolah: Thank you!
- (2021-01-30) Andrii Vdovenko: It don't accept any type of local host address and do not provide any hint. And no documentation, of course.
- (2020-03-02) Gary Almas Samaita: Please add header on connect.
- (2020-01-10) ashraf abdelrasool: does't support adding authorization header
- (2019-11-15) Dean Zivkovski: Great little app. Cannot find anywhere for inputting a subprotocol list.
- (2019-09-16) NAHID HASAN: nice
- (2019-06-14) Yes Siong Chong: Very nice work! Suggestion: We do really need to it to allow adding of headers
- (2019-04-14) HeRuHaiLiu Huang: 非常好的扩展
- (2018-11-02) Muhammad Shalahuddin Yahya Sunarko: Nice work! Thanks!
- (2018-07-05) Jose Alberto Villalba: Excelente cliente para websocket
- (2018-05-25) Hamish Robertson: History saves the request but not the response to that request.
- (2018-05-08) Hakkı Yağız ERDİNÇ: does not work properly
- (2018-01-09) Xinchun Liu: It would be good to make send windows resizable
- (2017-11-06) Muhammad Fasalir Rahman: can not connect to server
- (2017-09-05) Mountain Dewitos: Really good, but please do two things: Add a shortcut for the send button (like CTRL+ENTER or something) And please make the input box resizable. Thanks for the great program :)
- (2017-06-16) Chris Chris: It just works. Nice job Luo!
- (2017-05-09) Edward Smith: Great application for testing websockets. Thanks Luo!
- (2017-04-14) Ivan: Нельзя отправлять заголовки
- (2017-03-30) Deepak Patil: Great Client with JSON Formatter for output. One expected improvement: Please make the request box a resizable text area. User can minimize the request box after after request is sent, so that output box can get ample viewable area.
- (2020-07-01, v:1.0.0) Ian Goodwin: sub protocol
Is it possible to set the sub protocol?
- (2020-06-16, v:1.0.0) vivanraj k: Hi Kindly suggest how to frame the socket address
I want to run my socket in local. kindly guide me how to form the socket address
- (2019-08-08, v:1.0.0) Client stopped receiving events from server if left idle for some time.
It is working good. However, if left idle for some time it stops receiving any events from server though latter is continuously sending them. Also, as per the protocol of web sockets client don't need to poll server for keeping the connection alive. Right?
- (2019-01-15, v:1.0.0) W. E.: Do you have an instruction set or manual on how to use this?
I got a localhost, but I don't know how to set up username, type message, etc. Is there a manual for this?
- (2018-11-19, v:1.0.0) Cookies
Is it possible to pass cookies with wss URL?
- (2018-06-16, v:1.0.0) Tony Kenny: Cannot connect & no message
I cannot connect to a websocket, probably a problem with the socket, but this app does not give any feedback, doesn't even tell me the connection failed until I try to send data.
- (2016-07-22, v:1.0.0) Krupal Maddipati: The history section isn't clickable
I really love SWC but one thing I can't figure out is why doesn't the history section show the request/response data for prev requests.