Inject GTM container tags into web pages in Chrome.
* FEATURES * - Inject GTM container snippets into web pages - Pre-define data layer variables before the container is loaded - Rename your data layer (for custom data layer names other than the standard "dataLayer") - Include or exclude from running on particular sites using regex/exact match for domains * TAG MANAGER INJECTOR v3 * TMI is a paid tool enabling you to inject your Google Tag Manager container snippet onto any page of any site without the need for code changes! All you need is your GTM container ID. This will be useful if you... - Are considering using GTM as a tag management system and would like a test drive without actually deploying the GTM container on your site. - Have a long wait for the snippet to be implemented and would like to pre-configure your container ready for when this change happens. - Want to allow GTM's preview and debug mode, allowing you to fully configure and test your container prior to releasing the container snippet. * USER GUIDE * - Add the extension to Chrome and ensure that TMI is listed in your Extensions and enabled here... chrome://extensions/ - Click the icon in your Chrome interface and enter your GTM container ID in the format GTM-123456 - Refresh any tab to see your container injected The container snippet is now active on any site you visit within that browser session. - To stop the container from being injected, simply click the TMI icon again in Chrome and select DEACTIVATE - You can restrict TMI to injecting GTM on certain domains using an exact and regular expression match. - You can also push variables to the data layer prior to the container loading to test ecommerce implementations and other taxonomy. * CHANGE LOG * version 3.5 (21/06/2019) - Added ability to rename the dataLayer version 3.3 (21/06/2019) - Accidental whitespace automatically removed from GTM container ID version 3.2 (18/06/2019) - Re-skin Fixes - version 3.1 (30/06/2016) - exclude_matches added to manifest to block on tagmanager.google.com This is a workaround for the container import button bug version 3.0 (11/01/2016): - Define dataLayer variables before the container is loaded Fixes - version 2.2 (unknown): - Various bug fixes - TMI disabled on tagmanager.google.com by default version 2.1 (14/10/2015): - Hostname include filter - GTM container ID and expression is retained when the injector is deactivated to avoid re-entry * HELP AND SUPPORT * Please send any queries or feature requests to [email protected]
- (2020-02-02) Pat Maher: Paid. Installed. Didn't Work!!!
- (2019-11-18) Seoyun Heo: Many thanks for an awesome extension! It has been working perfectly, but I have difficulty to have a preview mode now. What should I do?
- (2019-10-21) Auke Vos: Great Extension but it doesn't work in Brave browser. Is that something you could help me with?
- (2019-09-18) Aneta Hejnová: Great for testing!
- (2019-02-07) Viviana Bottalico: This plugin blocked the Preview and Debug Console of GMT. Now???
- (2018-11-29) Un must !
- (2018-11-16) Susanne Fischer: Nice and easy, very convenient for testing when no GTM code is present.
- (2018-11-08) Grant Alexander: I was getting ready to comit suicide until I found this PLUG IN, THANK YOU CHROME.
- (2018-03-09) Wahidur Rahman: Is there a way to use a different data layer name? Our data layer is not called 'dataLayer' Thanks
- (2017-06-20) Viacheslav Dosuzhiy: Cannot Stop Injecting by click on STOP button.
- (2017-02-24) Nick Guebhard: This is fantastic. Been using it for a while.
- (2016-12-11) Ana Kravitz: Unbelievably useful. Start testing and implementing right away.
- (2016-06-23) Dan Jennings: Great tool, has helped me debug my GTM tags before my clients even place the code snippet on the site. A life saver!
- (2016-02-08) Curtis Warner: Fantastic tool. Awesome to ensure people will get value out of tag manager implementation before spending money on implementation.
- (2016-02-08) Pat Grady: the domain filter is the best part, and the dataLayer push is soooo useful for testing! great work
- (2015-12-11) Yikai Wang: Really good for debugging! Awesome tool!
- (2015-07-09) Dmitry Klymenko: Does not work if you rename your data layer. Guys - it's pretty good, but please and please give us ability to rename data layer !
- (2015-06-09) Brian Katz: Great Tool Deserves 5 stars as is. However ..... Would like it to have a simple domain filter so it is not active on all the sites one's visiting in other tabs while it's active Thanks
- (2015-05-21) Alex Moore: A lifesaver! Can't live without this great extension for demoing GTM to prospects and clients!
- (2014-10-21) Arran Gosal: Great tool, thanks Chris!
- (2014-10-21) Angelos Alexelis: Debugging in another level!
- (2014-10-21) Edgar Mason: Really useful tool for debugging, saved me a lot of time.
- (2014-10-21) Jamie Cluett: Removes the need to wait for devs to hardcode your GTM snippet onto the page if you purely want to test. So fresh!
- (2014-10-21) Andy Ankrah: Wonderfully useful! Had a whole load of staging tags to debug and this made it not only possible, but easy
- (2014-10-21) Olly Walker: Great tool for geeking out! It's really useful to check if everything will work as you expect.