Pre populate Jira task description field with a template of your own.
Jira issue template generator Chrome extension allows you to pre-populate the description field in Jira when creating a new issue type. Create a lot of Jira issue cards for your team? The plugin can auto-populate the Jira description field with a template when creating a new issue type to make your workflow faster. Templates for all default Jira issue types can be set and applied on the fly. All Jira formatting notations are supported. Version 1.0.10 - 16 October 2020 🎉 • Minor improvements Version 1.0.10 - 12 July 2020 🎉 • Ability to add custom domains 🔥🔥🔥 • Use desktop version of Jira that has a custom domain? You can now enable the extension to work on your custom domain • Add your custom domain to the "Allowed domains" list via the options page • Add in the host of the site url into "Allowed domains" input and hit save View the full change-log here: https://chandankkrr.github.io/jira-issue-template-generator/
- (2022-11-16) Jamie Warburton: No longer works unfortunately
- (2022-03-18) Gene Mattos: This doesn't seem to work with the new Jira ticket creation update.
- (2021-10-11) Andrew Hogan: I love this, it saves me so much time when Creating a card by filling in my template with all the markdown codes so it is formatted nicely afterwards. I've found that normally, at least once a week I have to reload the templates from an exported file, not sure if thats the extension or caused by the machine policies enforced by our organisation. Regardless,still saves me a lot of time!
- (2021-02-19) Natasha Bull: Does not automatically fill in the Jira template. I have to copy and then paste it in which defeats the purpose of rolling it out to a workforce when I could just have a word doc with the template in it.
- (2019-11-28) Andy Badke: My goodness this is perfect. Exactly what i was looking for, all we need is titles for the description field EXACTLY how this works. It mimics the behavior of templates from Rally and Windows Azure Devops. No fuss or hassle, just populates with consistency. Thank you so much for this extension
- (2019-11-07) ayoub hizaoui: it's working very good! thank you! i have just one question, why we cannot choose a template when we close the ticket?
- (2023-01-31, v:1.0.11) Nick Wallace: Not Working
This is flat out not working on my JIRA. I have tried everything. Sad
- (2021-09-10, v:1.0.11) Celina Kincaid: Template keeps resetting back
I have a custom Bug template that we use and occasionally it'll revert to the 'stock' bug template that comes upon a fresh install. I have not reinstalled the app, nor has the app received a recent update. Any thoughts as to why this is getting cleared? Thank you!
- (2021-05-05, v:1.0.11) David Raymond: Summary
It would be nice to have the option to include the Summary field as part of the template.
- (2020-12-07, v:1.0.11) Reese Schmit: Does this work with Issue Collectors?
I have issue collectors setup for bugs and support issues so that members of the org don't need to be in Jira to log issues. I'd like to setup a template for both bug and support for them, and have it work with the collector. Does that work?
- (2020-12-01, v:1.0.11) Philippe Lemaire: Does the extension work with Jira server
Does the extension work with Jira server
- (2020-10-05, v:1.0.10) Kari Dickenson: How to add templates for comments?
I'm having a difficult time getting the templates into Comments. I click Comment to comment on an issue, and sometimes I get the template drop downs on the toolbar, but most of the time I do not. In some cases, I get the original default template inserted (but it's not one of my saved templates since I changed it) and I still don't have the template drop downs on the toolbar. Is there a trick or a process for getting the template drop downs on the toolbar for Comments? They're always there for new issues.
- (2020-09-11, v:1.0.10) Dan Brown: Duplicate drop down menus
Hello, this is a great extension. I do have an issue though- when I create an Jira, there two drop down menus to choose the templates from. Both menus are identical. There are literally two drop down menus right next to each other. I've uninstalled the extension twice and it continues to duplicate the template drop-down menu. I don't see anyone else reporting this issue.
- (2020-09-08, v:1.0.10) Hubert: Template is only shown after you type
Hi, first - thanks a lot for this great plugin! We are currently evaluating it and it seems very useful but we have one small issue. When I click "create issue" and then select a template and "+" then template is not shown while I'm in visual mode (wysiwyg editor). Switching to text mode the template is shown but when I switch back to visual it's gone again. Only after a single character typed (in text mode) it works in both views. Maybe you could have a look into this? Thanks a lot in advance. Hubert (Jira v7.13.0)
- (2020-07-03, v:1.0.9) Bob Jangles: How do I enable this to work on a domain not covered by the regex?
I don't see an add sites button and when I go to the site I can't click add or allow as it is greyed out :( I am using Jira Web 8.4.0. Domain url is jira.mycompany.com.
- (2019-12-17, v:1.0.7) Sérgio Generoso: How to use on Jira Desktop
Hello friend, how could you enable the extension to be used in the Desktop version of Jira? Here the extension is disabled and I can't activate it.
- (2019-11-07, v:1.0.5) Maher Hizaoui: Template when closing a Jira Ticket
Hi the plugin is working good, i have only one question please, can we add templates also to the closure form. in fact it will be great to add a template for the closure template ticket.
- (2019-10-30, v:1.0.3) Does not work with `Create issue button` in backlog
This works fine when I click `Plus` icon from left side navigation menu. However, don't see the template dropdown when I add a card using `Create Issue` button from backlog page. Any specific reason?
- (2019-08-21, v:1.0.3) Cristian Merli: Export
Hello, is there a plan to be able to export/import the templates, to share them with coworkers?