Extends the Developer Tools and context menu, adding a sidebar that displays the css path of DOM element.
Find the unique selector for any element on page. It will find an optimal selector that’s unique to the element selected. Right click on the element with mouse and select Copy Css Selector menu item into buffer, so you can past copied selector to any text editor. Very useful for quickly getting selector for any element for testing frameworks like as Selenium.
- (2021-04-30) M K: You'd think there would be a ton of extensions that do this one simple thing... there aren't. This ext is the best I've found so far. Wish there were some options or other features but hey, it works.
- (2021-04-28) Bob Flisser: This does not create a "CSS Path" tab in the inspector. It does create a right-click menu item to copy the CSS path, but that menu item doesn't do what it says. This extension might have worked in 2019, but it doesn't work in 2021. At least not on my MacBook.
- (2020-10-01) Đông Đỗ: It work ok, but it can't copy selector of iframe element
- (2019-12-26) Sergey Mazurov: Simple yet helpful for me. Thank you!
- (2019-11-03) Charline Montial (Миша Жиренков): After having correctly refreshed the webpage as supposed to at installation, it works like a charm. Thank you !
- (2019-04-04) Tyler Strout: This does not seem to parse complex forms. I was trying to get something buried 15 elements down, and it always returns the top element.
- (2019-01-09) Reece Dickinson: This worked perfectly for finding the CSS path for my Selenium Tests. Thanks!
- (2018-09-26) Axel Kratel: Doesn't work, nothing gets copied. Needs to be updated.
- (2017-10-17) Andy Pielorz: Recently moved over from Firefox and this feature was missing from the built-in Inspector. Thank you!
- (2017-05-17) Vladislav Dracula: Most efficient tool for instant parse of web pages and getting the unique css-identifier for selected web element. I love it and use on everyday basis. Very suitable for web based autotests managing.
- (2016-12-29) eye blue: This is useful and handy
- (2016-06-26) Instarpro Instarpro: Very usefull tool. I use it for my selenium tests.
- (2021-05-06, v:0.5.0.3) Smartlinks Lda: Unable to select CSS element
When I click on the element I want to select, nothing happens. The Element CSS ID is not shown. Completely unable to use this extension :(
- (2019-12-12, v:0.5.0.3) Tej Kumar: Not working
When selected a field and clicked on copy css selector then field got selected and deselected automatically.So unable to get Element ID's.Please fix this.