Chrome extension that improves the GitHub experience
Currently enhances the following: - Removes the truncating of file and directory names in the repository browser - Really long file and directory names will word-wrap - Fully expands the website, with breakpoints at 1400px, 1600px and 1800px, 2000px - Removes truncation in notifications - Adds shrink/expand button for comment form - Adds possibility to collapse code previews - GitHub Enterprise support! Author - Andreas Håkansson, Kristian Hellang Contributors - Bjarki Heiðar Ingason - Christopher Campanale - Frank Radocaj - Phillip Haydon - Benjamin Chris Changelog - v2.0.2 - Support GitHubs new UI + XXL mode (2000px) - v2.0.1 - Fixed race condition - v2.0.0 - Various improvements - v1.8.0 - Fixed a bug where file names were not expanded - Added support for GitHub Enterprise! - v1.7.2 - Bugfixes - v1.7.1 - Removed ugly `aria-label`s - v1.7.0 - Removed truncation in notifications - Fixed commit comment width - Fixed collapse code file button - Added shrink/expand button for comment form - v1.6.0 - Rewrote css, fixed layout bugs, expanded gists, converted to LESS - v1.5.1 - Removed side-bar expansion, it broke too much stuff - v1.5.0 - Added possibility to collaps code previews - v1.4.0 - Expands side-bar for 1400, 1600 and 1800 break points - v1.3.2 - Improved expanding of activity stream - v1.3.1 - Fixed a couple of small layout bugs - v1.3.0 - Changed to a responsive approach - v1.2.0 - Improved the un-truncting to word-wrap (thanks Frank Radocaj) - v1.1.1 - Fix for labels on the expanded issue form - v1.1.0 - Expands the issue form to full width (thanks Phillip Haydon) - v1.0.0 - First release of the extension
- (2021-09-22) Niko Storni: I've been using this extension for years and it's just perfect. No clue why github doesn't support this natively.
- (2017-11-10) Dylan Reisenberger: So simple, but transforms github experience.
- (2017-01-23) Rich Quackenbush: It is the shiznit. It makes github do what github should have been doing.
- (2015-06-26) Pierce Moore: Simple, easy, does exactly what it needs to do. It makes just a few subtle changes to the GitHub interface that DRAMATICALLY improve the usability and readability of the service. 12/10.
- (2015-02-14) Vasily Gorbatkov: Very helpful, thanks!
- (2015-01-21) Eddy Hernandez: Not sure how I used github before this extension
- (2015-01-11) Robert Garrett: This makes github so much better
- (2014-12-03) Justin Holland: So tiny and so useful!
- (2014-08-08) Pawel Piotrowicz: <3
- (2014-07-09) Xiao Zhang: Exactly what I need - almost started to write one but found this. Awesome!
- (2014-05-12) Tony Alves: Well done! Clean and I forget I have it loaded :)
- (2014-02-08) Thanks so very much! Looks great @ 1920x1200!
- (2014-02-06) Kristian Hellang: Awesome! Love the new responsive approach!
- (2014-02-05) Mike Ward: Love it.
- (2013-11-17) Phillip Haydon: So awesome! Fixes the most annoying things about Github!
- (2013-11-13) Jonathan Channon: This extension has made my life complete. I was empty inside without it. I would browse Github all day crying because the paths were truncated. Then my good friend @thecodejunkie created an extension that relieved the daily agony I endured. I will forever be in his debt. Words cannot describe my thanks to him.
- (2019-04-17, v:1.8.0) Daniela Eloy da Silva: Width of wiki pages
I would loved it if the extension could enlarge the width of github wiki pages (I'm using git enterprise)
- (2016-05-31, v:1.8.0) Garrett Serack: Can this be extended to support split diffs?
First of all, this is awesome. Fixes something that should never have been a problem. Second, if I have my diff view (like, when looking at a PR) in gh set to 'split' instead of 'unified' ... it'd be nice to get those views widened to use the maximum space too if possible. Keep up the awesome!
- (2015-12-24, v:1.8.0) Permissions
I see that Chrome has disabled the extension because it now needs permissions to read my browsing history and read and change my data on github. What's that all about?