"I got 99 problems, but a tab ain't one." An intelligent tab manager for the everyday user.
ProTABS is an intelligent tab manager designed to to make your life easier. It's particularly useful when dealing with large amounts of tabs, empowering you to work and browse more efficiently. ProTABS effectively replaces many other extensions such as tree tabs, tab suspender, tab recycler, etc, and enables many powerful workflows such as: ▶ Pin your frequently used tabs (like email!) so you can refer back to them quickly and see any notifications at a glance. ▶ Create groups from your tabs and windows to categorise them by topic. ▶ See tabs grouped automatically by site and by topic. ▶ Save individual or groups of tabs for future reference. Star them, close them, then come back to them later! ▶ Quickly search for tabs by name, group, or by URL and switch back to them easily. 100% keyboard friendly, for the real Pro's! ▶ Rapidly switch back to your previous tab with a simple keyboard shortcut! ▶ Quickly find and restore tabs that you closed accidentally. ▶ Pop open a group of related tabs to a new window so you can focus on one topic at a time. ProTABS can also work in the background to help keep your browsing efficient by: ▶ "Pausing" tabs after period of disuse, freeing up memory and making your browser run faster! ▶ "Tidying-up" your tabs automatically after a period of disuse by Saving and then closing them automatically. We'll tidy-up your tabs so that you don't have to! Happy ProTABBING!
- (2021-09-13) Duo Lv: Very good,！ Similar to the extension "Tree Style Tab" on FireFox! XD
- (2021-03-13) Party Pat: Too complicate. Just wanna move tabs between windows. I can't get the display directly, have to click the "Windows" slidedown.
- (2020-09-02) Дракоша Пестренький: Я очень дотошный пользователь, для которого очевидна необходимость объединения родственных функций (скажем история посещений, история закрытых вкладок, избранные сайты, наиболее часто посещаемые сайты). Это расширение фактически реализует удобный мненджер вкладок и окон (ДА с созданием групп со своим именем, ДА с отправкой группы вкладок в новое окно) и одновременно простой мненджер сессий на подобии OneTab (только по таймеру а не по нажатию кнопки + можно любое окно отправить в список отложеного).
- (2019-11-20) Laura Timmel: I love the promised features, but unfortunately some of them aren't working. Most notably, when I save a window or a custom group and then close that window or group, the tabs and group are also removed from My Groups and Saved. The other issue I noticed seems to occur intermittently. When I first started using the extension, items that had been starred could not be un-starred, and nothing could be starred from the My Groups section. In the past few minutes, starring started working correctly. No idea why that happened. In addition to those apparent glitches, there is some missing functionality that I really can't do without. The order of tabs in the extension doesn't match the order of tabs in the window (which, for me, is a deal breaker for a tab organizer). Along the same lines, tabs and windows cannot be re-ordered. Also, closing a tab from the extension focuses the window it was in, and that window won't necessarily have the extension window open, making it difficult to close multiple tabs in a row. This doesn't have to do with using the extension, but... "Pro's" gets me every time. (It should be "Pros." Plural, not possessive.)
- (2019-10-26) Filipe Azevedo: Wasted many hours trying to make this thing working. Anything i do get cancelled as soon as the extension popup get hidden (like creating groups). Tabs dragged into another window is marked as moved in the popup but in reality nothing moved (and get lost when the popup re-open). What i'm doing wrong ??
- (2019-09-23) Rushi Agrawal: Absolute best! First day of using it and I'm quite impressed! Will post feedback as I use this more
- (2019-08-06) Eli Katz: got great potential. would love to see: 1) option to pop-out window so tabs can be managed in own window 2) expand and collapse all windows (currently need to collapse/expand each window separately)
- (2019-07-06) Sergey Kucherenko: Good alternative to Tabli. One of the best tab management extensions for Chrome.
- (2019-06-30) Migotes: Perfect tool for working with many tabs. Incredibly many functions. It helps me a lot with my daily work. Is it possible that the standard behaviour shows the tabs in the original order? Thank you!
- (2019-05-17) Christopher Scanlan: I love this, I usually have 30-50 tabs open and this has changed the way that I work. Set up a Keyboard Shortcut to launch it. I use Ctrl-Shft-z .
- (2019-04-10) Pat1487: I've been looking for a tab grouping extension for a long time, ideally I'd want something like Vivaldi's tab stacking, so I've tried pretty much all of these type of tab manager extensions and this one is by far the best of them and really deserves more recognition.Unfortunately, just like all the others, this doesn't allow custom tab grouping, so I won't be using it long term. However, if you aren't happy with any of the other tab managers, or are just looking for any sort of tab management at all, I highly recommend this one.
- (2019-04-02) Tim Shaw: Has potential but needs a lot of work, my main gripe is it is causing itself and other extensions to crash. Until this is fixed it is pointless to use. Minus 1 star for not even looking at your google group where i posted a lot of feedback. Pause functionality does not seem to work. Needs some install instructions so user knows what different statuses mean. Hope to revisit this after more work has been done.
- (2019-01-04) Alex D: Finally a great approximation of Firefox's venerable Tree Style Tabs!
- (2018-10-11) Ryan Gray: Really neat way of helping find and manage all my tabs!
- (2020-11-09, v:2.1.1) Marc: Anyone home?
Hello! I can't help but notice that both here and on your forum there has not been much activity in a pretty decent period of time. I like this extension, and I only had a couple of things that I wanted to see improved / fixed. In the process of trying to find out where was best to ask I've realized that there has been a fair amount of time since anything was said or done it seems. If this is a necrotic extension it should be taken down or something. If you are working on it, why have you avoided fixing the problem of fixing the problem with the extension failing to record the layout of tabs? I would love to be able to subgroup working with the new grouping feature of Chrome natively to enhance the level of organization. At minimum I would be happy with it at least remembering the order the tabs were in though. Considering how plagued with bugs, loss of data, limited features, poorly coded, and sheer quantity it's seriously looking like such an extension may not in fact exist. lol. Welp, here's hoping that you are out there and this isn't a waste of time typing this out. Who knows? Maybe someone else can suggest a good one that is still active too? Be well, Marc
- (2020-09-15, v:2.1.1) Taylor Reaume: Help
I am looking for a chrome extension which allows me to automatically sort and group Chrome tabs...VERTICALLY. (not horizontally). I have just spent 10 hours trialing every tab organizer extension I could find, and none of them have this feature. for example, if I have 10 tabs open "domain1.com" it will nicely organize them into a vertical bucket, drop down etc, is that possible yet with Chrome? If you find something like this, can you message me on skype? SMARTCHOICEWEB
- (2020-03-27, v:2.1.1) Addis Eshete: Select multiple to save
How do select multiple tabs to save or create a group from the currently open tabs? Normally have 45+ tabs open, clicking each one to be saved is moving each one to a group is a hassle. Might as well just use chromes built in session save.
- (2020-01-26, v:2.1.0) Danko Kapitan: Feature request
I'd like to ask you to 1) render buttons on the right (or at least to be at same x-positon), 2) make it so clicking "exit" button once "hibernates" (like in TabsOutliner) Thank you
- (2019-03-07, v:1.6.2) Roman Strijac: Hotkey to open extension.
Could you please add a hotkey to open ProTabs?
- (2019-01-01, v:1.5.1) Joe Christy: Invalid Manifest?
Since I got a Pixel Slate, managing tabs has been a headache. I decided to test 5 extensions on Chrome on my Mac laptop, where extension management is less of a problem, and ProTABS is my favorite. Unfortunately, when it won't install on my Slate, where Chrome consistently throws an error: An error has occurred There was a problem with the download. Please contact the developer or try again later. Invalid manifest. Is this something that you can fix, please?
- (2018-12-29, v:1.5.1) Mick Moyles: Switching Tabs
Hi How do I program shortcut keys to toggle between tabs? Thanks