Remind yourself of your mortality while you waste away on social media
"You could leave life right now. Let that determine what you do and say and think." Marcus Aurelius This Chrome extension helps users practice memento mori; a reflection on our mortality. When you go on social media, it will remind you how much time you have left by replacing website logos with a countdown to your inevitable end. Being reminded of our transience allows us reflect on the things that we spend our time doing. Time is the only thing we cannot get back, how do you want to spend your time? Currently supported websites: - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - LinkedIn - Reddit - VK
- (2019-11-02) Anton Tkachenko: There is nothing in Facebook:(
- (2019-09-06) the Dying Atheist: Fantastic idea Anthony! Just saw this on Sky News, and I've installed it. I won't live till 75, because of my terminal illness, but I like to think about what I should be doing with the time I have left.
- (2019-07-08) Alice Zhao: Awesome idea. A nice and simple reminder for all of us to seize the day and do something we are proud of. Thank you for creating this extension!
- (2019-09-02, v:1.1.0) Toby Hines: Set your birthdate!
As the subject says, I am having that message displayed instead of the clock. I have my birthdate set in all my social media accounts plus my google one so not sure where to set it to make this work Kind regards
- (2019-07-11, v:1.0.1) Микола Рябков: YouTube with a black theme
In the YouTube with a black theme, you can not see the counter
- (2019-07-09, v:1.0.1) Ярослав Прозоровский: Add russian social network Vkontakte (VK)
Good day! Can you add russian social network Vkontakte (VK) into deathclock's list, please?