The best way to send content to your reMarkable tablet. Print any website and pick it up immediately on your tablet.
The reMarkable tablet (https://remarkable.com/) is a wonderful new tablet for reading and annotating documents, but it can be tricky to get new files onto it quickly. The Send to reMarkable Chrome extension fixes this. Now you can print directly to your reMarkable tablet, just like you'd save a PDF on your computer, and it'll be instantly available on your reMarkable tablet. This project is not affiliated with reMarkable.
- (2020-11-10) Bill Harvey: Dang that was so easy. Just a few clicks and done! This will make it sweet to do markups on PDFs and send the notes to coworkers. Love it!
- (2020-09-08) E M: This is a godsend of a chrome extension - it just works so easily! Michael, you did good! Thanks a lot.
- (2020-08-18) AJ Yu: fantastic extension! Super useful and surprisingly quick
- (2020-08-11) Runar Gjerp Solstad: This certainly increases the value of the remarkable as a tool for reading and taking notes. Question for the developer, would it be possible to add a feature to name documents before printing?
- (2020-07-21) Lucy Courtenay: Thank you - this is very useful. I generally save as PDF and then transfer with the app so this saves a few steps. Struggled a bit to get the code but saw that someone else had noted to "reconnect my reMarkable"
- (2020-03-30) Pascal Rusch: Very useful to send documents and blog posts to read later on the rM. Very eady to use!
- (2020-03-28) Paul: Easy to install and use. Fantastic work, thank you!
- (2020-03-25) Gianluca Rossi: Fantastic idea! It works perfectly with most web pages. I found some exceptions with some blog posts (see examples below). In those examples, the document sent to the reMarkable might either have images that are over-imposed on the text or have missing text between two pages. I've tried to play around with margins and headers, but nothing seems to fix the issue. 1. https://eng.uber.com/forecasting-introduction/ 2. https://sudhanshupassi.info/part2/
- (2020-02-24) Luca Bino: It just works, saving many clicks during the day. What could be even better is being able to have a "system printer" or a "send to remarkable" available (printing a word or anything else directly to RM). Amyway, thank you very much for your work
- (2020-02-13) Jói Sigurdsson: Very, very useful. Thank you for creating this! There were two things that confused me a little when getting set up, remarking on them here in case it helps others: a) When getting the one-time code, the extension opens up a separate tab showing you the code. It took me a few seconds to realize I needed to copy that code, close the tab, go back to tab before that and paste in the code. b) When doing my first "Send to reMarkable" by printing the page, I needed to click "See more..." in the destination list in the printer dialog before I could choose "Send to reMarkable". Fantastic extension, will be using it a lot!!
- (2020-02-13) Tiffany Bollin: This is great. Thank you for spending the time to make this! I appreciate it.
- (2020-02-10) Ron Dijkstra: Hi, I can install the extension in my browser. From there on I need to get a one time code, but somehow I can't find it? I've tried both chrome and brave browers. I'd like to get this to work! Please advise.
- (2020-02-09) Marcus Hausner: Well I just don't find the place where to put in the one-time code. Where in the reMarkable App/Desktop?
- (2020-01-20) Martin Hess: Hi, until the newspapers i read online will send epubs, this helps a lot! And this is of course very helpful for other websites too! Thanks!
- (2019-12-06) George: Beware I'm not sure your data securely goes from your computer to remarkables servers. It seems to go to a mysterious server: https://document-storage-production-dot-remarkable-production.appspot.com/ https://storage.googleapis.com/ If you trust this one guy not to read everything you print, fine, just be wary. EDIT: Ok after skimming the code and googling the server is does seem the native API uses that endpoint too so it must be remarkables server. I feel a bit better. If the developer can reply and clarify if its a totally secure transmission or not that'd be cool, but for now see this https://github.com/splitbrain/ReMarkableAPI/wiki/Storage
- (2019-12-01) Felix Her: This is so cool! Found a nice article on the web? Send it to rM. Need a page of inspirition for art? Google what you need and send the image results to rM. Thank you a lot! :)
- (2019-10-15) Seth Nielsen: Phenomenal job. This extension just....works. Want to read a Wikipedia page about differential geometry on your reMarkable? Easy sauce. Ctrl+P and you're done. So much more convenient than the desktop app (I'm on Linux, so it isn't officially supported). Trust me - all of these high ratings are not from bots!
- (2019-09-05) Keith Francis: This is the software piece that reMarkable themselves are missing. I haven't printed a physical piece of paper for reading or jotting in weeks. Great job here.
- (2019-09-01) Maire Shanahan: I'm on a chromebook and this doesn't seem to work. When I try to get a one time code so the extension can be linked to my Remarkable account, I get the error message on Remarkable site 'Not found'.
- (2019-08-22) Frank Bradley: I have been using this for some time and find it an awesome tool to get information from the browser to the reMarkable tablet. For me this has allowed me to stream line my workflow so that I can take prototypes and other documents from the web to the rM and into meetings or discussion with out much work.
- (2019-08-21) William Alexander: This extension is awesome. Makes it super easy to transfer work documents and emails to the Remarkable.
- (2019-08-08) Graham Carver: Great extension. Just what I needed. Keep up the good work.
- (2019-07-26) Kian: Awesome work. If you could add Google Cloud Print, or even a send to e-mail option (or both) that would be an awesome new feature. Keep up the great work!
- (2019-07-25) Peter Beckwith: This extension does work. You need to go to print page and select the printer as "Send to Remarkable", was very frustrated initially, then realised how to actually use it!
- (2019-07-22) Anke al-Bataineh, PhD: great idea, doesn't work.
- (2020-12-01, v:1.0) Daniel Krcal: doesn't work
After the first linking it worked. But now I have to relink it after each fresh start of Chrome with the RM code and it is linked but still doesn't work. Just grey, no options to chose.
- (2020-11-26, v:1.0) Cecelia Futch: Disappointed
Can't send any pdf file to my reMarkable. I keep getting sent to a product purchase page. Over and over. I follow instructions but nothing is working. I go to tech support and the message is that it will take two weeks to get back to me. And even using the help page is a hassle. I am TERRIBLY disappointed in this product.
- (2020-10-11, v:1.0) Matthew McNaughton: Sending articles to Remarkable v 184.108.40.206 not working
Hi, I've been using you extension for the last 6 months. Its worked great and has really enriched my Remarkable experience. However, since the last Remarkable update (v 220.127.116.11), files sent to the Remarkable are not showing up. Sometimes, they will display briefly on the screen, but then suddenly disappear. Have you observed this behavior elsewhere? Any assistance in resolving would be greatly appreciated.
- (2020-10-08, v:1.0) GriffinMath: doesn't work?
HI I downloaded the extension. I did the one time code thing. And now I can't get it to work. WHAT exactly can I "print" to myRemarkable? And HOW exactly do I get it to happen? Running Chrome and Windows 10. Have tried Cntl + P which just prints to my printer. As others have said...clicking on the extension icon and then "send to remarkable" just takes me to the Chome Store with the option to remove the extension from Chrome.
- (2020-08-19, v:1.0) Damon Anderson: I cannot send articles to my reMarkable
I was able to send one article to my reMarkable, but after that I could not send anymore. When I click on "send to reMarkable" it just goes to the Chrome store to download the extension again. What happened? How can I send articles to my reMarkable again?
- (2020-08-10, v:1.0) Richard Haase: Where to get One time code
I've been waiting for this since ReMarkable was born! Can't wait to get started, but I don't see an option for requesting a one-time code on the website, desktop app or mobile app. What am I missing?
- (2020-07-06, v:1.0) Kacper Kazaniecki: Adding filename when printing?
Hi, I love this extension! I use it a lot as an academic where I find interesting research papers to read and quickly can put it on my remarkable. Just wondering if it would be possible to add a feature of inputting the filename you want it to save as? For example when I try saving this paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1911.13071.pdf it saves as 1911.13071.pdf which is not very easy to read. So would be of great benefit if I could change the name of the tile with this extension rather than on the remarkable (since typing long names on it is quite tedious) Just a suggestion :) If you don't have time to implement this, I'm more than happy to implement it myself if your code is open source and then could do a pull request?
- (2020-06-10, v:1.0) DHK Holmes-Kinsella: SendToRemarkable doesn't work :(
Hi -- I"m running Chrome (version 83.0.4103.61) on a Mac Mojave 10.14.6. None of the "send to remarkable" prints that I've attempted to do. Can you offer any advice on how I can debug this?
- (2020-05-26, v:1.0) Edgar Edgar: Problema
Es muy confuso, el procedimiento de instalación, en la parte que indica para ingresar el código (en esta página dice, ingresar en la tablet y en la respuesta que brindaron a una pregunta dice, que debes ponerlo en la computadora), pero en la computadora no hay un lugar en el que se debe ingresar el codigo. gracias.
- (2020-05-25, v:1.0) Evan Berube: 2 Chrome accounts - 1 Tablet
Will I be able to link both of my Chrome accounts (work and personal) to my one RM tablet?
- (2020-04-18, v:1.0) Nasha Virata: send to remarkable not working since chrome update
Hi, Since the Chrome update this April, sendtoRemarkable is no longer working for my tablet. Every time I try to print a website using sendroRemarkable, the set up your sendtoRemarkable account loads with the one-time code for my tablet. Even after I disconnected the tablet, uninstalled the desktop and app versions and reinstalled, connected the tablet with the one-time code, the print still fails. Thanks!
- (2020-04-14, v:1.0) Samuel VanHouten: Doesn't work on my mobile or desktop
After loading and clicking create code, I see the code on desktop/mobile but no prompt on the reMarkable. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling,and restarting the tablet. When setup I click print and it says printing failed and it goes back to enter one-time code page. I am signed into the reMarkable application and cloud via Chrome browser. I've tried with Chrome and Vivaldi(based on chrome).
- (2020-04-03, v:1.0) Matthew Olson: Any Interest in developing a FireFox connection
Hi, I'm interested in switching to FF and this has become an integral part of my personal productivity. Do you have any plans to develop an extension there? If not, any chance you've open-sourced the extension so I can start to cobble something together on my own?
- (2020-03-26, v:1.0) Ian Choi: Send as eBook
Now the document is sent to remarkable as pdf, what about a choice to send as ebook?
- (2020-03-26, v:1.0) Ian Choi: Increasing font size
It seems when printed out, the fonts are not big enough to read. It seems remarkable can not enlarge ebook or pdf font size. maybe this extension can?
- (2020-03-25, v:1.0) Ian Choi: Brightening the Image
Hi, this is great and very helpful to make my remarkable more useful. One thing I noticed, images display on remarkable is always too dark. Is there a way from the plugin to brighten the image, otherwise, the images are pretty much unreadable.
- (2020-02-24, v:1.0) Luca Bino: Brilliant extension!!!
Hello, I love what you have done here!! Just great ;-) Any chance of creating a routine that would push a daily view of my gmail calendar to the RM ? I'd see as every day at 2am it would push the daily planner, replacing every day the document ...
- (2020-02-10, v:1.0) John Williams: Linking to Remarkable
Hi, Looks like a superb addition to the ReMarkable ! Thank you. I've been able to install the extension onto the latest version of Edge. I can see the extension and it prints but then requests I link my ReMarkable with a one time code. I guess this should show on my Remarkable tablet but I can't find it nor does it invite me to enter it. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong ?
- (2020-02-10, v:1.0) Frank Boddy: One Time Code
Hi. I'm following your step by step process, and have the my.remarkable.com page up,but where do I get the one-time code? Thanks!
- (2020-02-09, v:1.0) Pascale Michaud: How to activate the extension?
Hi Michael, I love the idea of Send to ReMarkable, but I just can't seem to get it to work. I can install it on my Chrome toolbar, and I am automatically prompted to get a new code from Remarkable and enter it on my tablet. When I enter the code on the tablet, the extension still does not work. If I try to "print" the page and ask it to "Send to Remarkable", it pushes me through the whole access code process all over again. Could you please post a step-by-step of the process? Or maybe a video?
- (2020-01-19, v:1.0) Mark Therien: Can't connect with one time code
How does this work? Where do I put the code in on my remarkable? No prompt pops up when I send it or is it hidden somewhere in the remarkable settings? I'm confused if I have to use print to remarkable. Thanks
- (2019-08-22, v:0.1) Frank Bradley: Missing some sections of the top page
I performed a print to get some information off a web site search ( pctravel.ca hotel search results) and what I received on the remarkable did not contain the top portions of the page but just the starting of the search results, kind of strange. If you would like more details drop me a note and I would be happy to feed you any details as I love your extension and would be very happy to assist if possible. Frank
- (2019-08-08, v:0.1) Daniel McLemore: Multiple Remarkables???
So far, I love this extension! Thank you for creating it! Is it possible to setup to "print" to different ReMarkables? ie:Can the extension be loaded multiple times and given one-time codes from each tablet?
- (2019-08-08, v:0.1) Tonya Aiossa: Issue getting the one-time code to link...
I just had to go into my.remarkable.com and generate the code myself; the link from the set up process isn't working. But the code I generated on my own worked like a charm. Thanks for an awesome extension! :)
- (2019-07-30, v:0.1) Mark Bradford: Worked before - now cannot connect to one-time code
Worked great before. Now when I choose print-->send to remarkable, it pops up a one-time code page. When I click "Link Tablet" it goes to: https://my.remarkable.com/generator-device With an error of "not found." No further explanation. :(