Remove algorithmic content from Twitter, hide news & trends, control which shared tweets appear on your timeline, and improve the UI
Reduce algorithmic content: – Keeps you on the Latest Tweets (chronological) timeline, automatically switching you back if Twitter tries to move you to the "Home" (algorithmic) timeline – Hide "Who to follow", "Follow some Topics" etc. in the timeline – Hide "What's happening", "Topics to follow" etc. in the sidebar – Hide "More Tweets" when linked to a tweet – Hide algorithmic tweets based on likes and replies in the "Home" timeline, if you use it Control which tweets shared by people you follow appear on your timeline: – Move Retweets to a separate timeline (default setting), or hide them entirely – Move Quote Tweets and replies to them to a separate timeline, or hide them entirely (off by default) UI improvements: – Use the site's normal text font style in the primary navigation menu on desktop to make it less distracting – Fast blocking – skips the confirm dialog when you try to block an account – Add a new item to the "More" menu which takes you straight to the "Add muted word" page – When viewing a tweet's Quote Tweets, pin the quoted tweet instead of duplicating it in every tweet Hide UI items you don't use: – Hide navigation items you don't use, and other distracting screen elements such as the account switcher and Messages drawer – Hide items you don't use in the "More" menu Experiments: Optional features you can try, to see how they change how you perceive and use Twitter: – Hide metrics: hide like, retweet, quote tweet and follower counts – Reduced interaction mode: hide the action bar under tweets – replies are now the only means of interacting – Verified accounts: highlight tweets by – or interacting with – verified accounts, or hide them to simulate the aftermath of the July 2020 Twitter hacks
- (2021-07-23) Jay Cie: I'm still giving this a 5 because the extension has many useful features. However the 7/21/21 update seems to have broken some of the features for me. Most notably the very annoying "messages" popup is now back again. I turned it on and off, reinstalled, etc. with same results. Can that be fixed? Thank you.
- (2021-07-18) Val Och: Great extension for someone who cares only about a very few specific things and is only annoyed by "what's happening" constantly hanging around. "Hide new tweets when linked to a tweet" doesn't seem to work, but that's my only issue (and pretty minor at that).
- (2021-07-07) LYNRAY: Very nice extension, but not working with russian lang on twitter. I would also like to see the hiding of recommendations ("Posts that you may have missed") from notifications
- (2021-07-02) 山本博文: Soooooooo Good!!!
- (2021-06-29) Tobias Fors: I don't know who you are, but I will find you, and I will thank you. Thank you, twitter removed the latest tweets option and you are a godsent for giving it back.
- (2021-06-29) shockpine: Really great extension! Very thankful that we can change what is and isn't hidden. Hoping it gets updated to work with the new home/latest tweets issue
- (2021-06-12) Alec Studier: Checking twitter and maintaining the will to live are no longer mutually exclusive
- (2021-06-06) Pramadito Rafiaqil Ibrahim: this extension finally making twitter readable for me.
- (2021-06-02) AngeTime: The stuff that shows on "What's Trending" tends to disappoint or frustrate me more than interest me. This Extension is a long time coming since Twitter refuses the option of just removing it.
- (2021-04-20) Daniel de la Torre: Thank you very much for making me happy again
- (2021-03-26) Riley Higgs: AMAZING! I thought the description might be too good to be true, but it works perfectly and I literally heaved a sigh of relief when I refreshed my Twitter and finally had a clean interface without the junk Twitter had forced (especially the right sidebar). I also love how you can customize all the options to tailor it even more to what you specifically want. Cannot recommend this enough, thank you for making this, and I hope more people find and use this soon!
- (2021-02-06) Hamidreza Rahimi: Installed this on my Opera, works like a Charm!
- (2021-02-04) TheOutThereChannel: It worked. rid that annoying WHO TO FOLLOW in brave browser.. tried recommends for ad blocker filters but it didnt work.
- (2021-01-19) Colin Bell: How long I have waited for a way to get rid of "Home" and stay on latest. Thank you good sir 😉
- (2020-12-26) Azman Hussain: If you record sports but still need to be on twitter to look up journal articles etc.. this is a great option
- (2020-11-14) Francis: It doesn’t work at all
- (2020-06-25) David Alexander Wilson Araya: It will be useful to hide media previews in the timeline. Twitter for Android has an option to replace images and video previews for links. If this extension develop that, it will be great.
- (2019-10-05) Jeddy King: I like it! But I'm having a few issues... Whenever i click on a picture in a tweet to view the full thing in the retweet timeline, it automatically switches back to the beginning of the latest tweets timeline. Also, I'm noticing it kinda glitches and the page jumps around from place to place on the timeline.
- (2019-08-19) Madison Woodson: Has been absolutely perfect. But today it decided to hide the search bar as well for no reason.
- (2021-07-22, v:2.1) bertrand cluzet: Extension not working this morning on chrome (Win10)
Twitter trends were perfectly hidden yesterday, but not today. Any reason for that? Chrome version: Version 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit) Thanks for your help, BC
- (2021-07-15, v:1.27) Jordan Cooper: How do I make it work?
I have the extension turned on. I am still seeing the sidebar on Twitter. I have tried reloading. What do I do?
- (2021-07-07, v:1.27) LYNRAY: Notifications and "In case you missed [someone]'s Tweet"
I would also like to see the hiding of recommendations ("In case you missed [someone]'s Tweet") from notifications
- (2021-07-01, v:1.27) pie bob: clicking through to threads results in a "Something went wrong...but it's not your fault.." error
clicking through to threads results in a "Something went wrong...but it's not your fault.." error, and the thread is not displayed (just the tweet you clicked on). i only started seeing this error after installing this extension. using latest chrome on windows 10. bug?
- (2021-06-29, v:1.27) Fly Away Films: Can no longer hide "Who to Follow" or "Topics to Follow"
I'm sure when I first added the extension both of these were removed, but now they're back and the extension won't get rid of them. Is there a fix for this? I do have the option to hide them switched on, but it's not working.
- (2021-06-26, v:1.27) José Miguel S: Is this extension compatible with other extensions?
I'm already using an extension that blocks the side bar, but it does not arrange my timeline in chronological order. Can I install this one too, or might that produce compatibility issues?
- (2021-05-27, v:1.27) Jim Clark: Remove "Follow topic" topics from timeline
Twitter has started inserting tweets into the timeline, related to a topic I don't want, with a "Follow topic" button above it. I don't want these tweets, I don't want to follow these topics. It would be great if this plugin could filter those out.
- (2021-03-25, v:1.26) Niki Johnson: Suggestion
I didn't see any way to do it with the current extension. Would it be possible to keep the "What's Happening" sidebar, but selectively choose certain accounts to never see in there again? I like to see what's happening in the world, but there are certain accounts that keep their stories behind a paywall. I'd like to not see them coming up in that list anymore. Looking at you, Toronto Star.
- (2020-10-16, v:1.26) Toni Ash: Hide tweets at will
I don't know if this is viable, but I'd really like an option to hide tweets. As in, like, from a dropdown box, make it so I don't see a particular tweet ever again. Also, I want to do this to my own tweets without deleting them. I really hate how they go to the top of my latest tweets. If I'm in a particularly abusive argument, there's cases where my tweets is important to leave up, but seeing it can make me relive the argument in my head again and it's upsetting to me. So how about it, is that possible to implement potentially? Thanks.
- (2020-05-19, v:1.16) Andrew Parker: Ext' causing tweets to jump up and down
When I open twitter in the morning and want to catch up on all the tweets since yesterday evening, I drop down to the last tweets I saw. When I start to slowly move up the tweets, it will not stop causing the tweets to jump up and down. It makes twitter virtually unreadable. This is on Win 10, Chrome version 81.0.4044.138 (64-bit)
- (2019-08-19, v:1.7) Twitter search bar hidden
Twitter now hides the search bar alongside the rest of the right sidebar content. Is it possible to enable it back and still hide the other sidebar UI? Thank you.