Giphy for GitHub gives you the ability to easily add GIFs from giphy into pull requests, issues, and other comments on GitHub.…
Giphy for GitHub gives you the ability to easily add GIFs from giphy into pull requests, issues, and other comments on GitHub. After you have installed the extension there will be an extra button in your GitHub toolbar to insert GIFs. If you select a word or phrase and click the button, it will replace the text with a giphy on that theme. If you have nothing selected, it will insert a random giphy. If you select the ID for a specific giphy, it will insert it.
- (2021-08-02) Jason Tolliver: Doesn't work. The toolbar never shows up
- (2020-10-21) Jiří Špác: does not work most of the time. gifs fail to load up
- (2019-09-03) Carl Erik Kopseng: Does not do a lot, but it does what it says. After Stephen updated the extension it finally doesn't fail on the missing DOM node, so I'm a happy camper :-)
- (2019-03-12) Jay Patel: Loved it. I wish this worked for our corporate github. With URL as `github.<company>.com` domain basically.
- (2016-03-22) Adam Hedgpeth: It's only a matter of time now before github has this feature, because it's hilarious and such a good time. Great job!