The Buffer First Chrome extension is the easiest, fastest way to load YouTube videos before watching.
If you're connected to a slow network, this extension can help you buffer YouTube videos first then watch later for a smooth viewing experience. 1. Go to a YouTube video page. 2. Select the video quality you desire. 3. Click the extension icon at the top of your browser. Please note: certain video quality and length of video will not let you buffer the entire video. If that's the case, use a lower video quality or watch until the latest buffer time and click on the extension button again to continue loading the rest of the video. Buffer first, watch later.
- (2020-10-06) Olim Pather: i click on the extension nothing happens
- (2019-12-16) Wiryawan Adipa: Not working
- (2019-09-05) Kobold: This is extremely useful, Things that could make it better would be better haptic/visual feedback when it is started. Maybe an estimated time for it to finish at the selected resolution and auto-restart if it doesn't buffer the whole video.
- (2019-08-16) M D M: When I turn off the internet connection after the extension finished buffering, then it is proved (at least in my case) that nothing is buffered. Just a nice graphical animation on the progress bar? Nothingg more?
- (2019-08-15) yrLDtLnt: Let me mention my idea. I hope there are many settings. For example, when I set them up, they automatically buffer when I open the playback page. I don't need to click on them. I hope it can be buffered without affecting my viewing. For example, how many minutes can be buffered from the current time in the future. YouTube defaults to 2 minutes. I want to set it to 5 minutes. When I watch it, as long as the buffering time is less than 5 minutes, I can immediately buffer. Another problem is that the current functionality sometimes fails when I click on the icon to start and switch to another tag to let him run in the background.
- (2019-08-15) Jia Feng: Awesome! Works especially well on long videos when I don't want to wait forever for it to load. Now I can have it load videos in the background while I do other things.
- (2019-08-13) Ian Frechette: Works about halfway, about half the time. By that I mean, on a 5+ minute long video it will only buffer about 2.5 minutes before it gives up and starts playing, and it does this only about half the time. The other half the time, it either does nothing at all when I click the button to trigger the extension or it indicates that it's buffering the first couple minutes, but when it starts to play, the buffer disappears and it goes right back to playing the video normally, buffering only a few seconds ahead of the shuttle. The only other extension I have installed is Adblock Plus and disabling that, has no effect on the behavior above.
- (2019-08-02) Joyce Ma: V cool application. I will use this whenever I watch you-choob. LOVE IT.
- (2019-08-02) Rabs Pharisee: Hi I am a boss who likes watching videos in the office. My employees think I'm mean :c but they don't realize I watch Avalon videos all day in my office!!!~~~ Our wifi has been v bad, but now I can load up my Avalon videos early in the day and have them ready all day! Yippee!!!~
- (2019-08-02) Harrison Wu: This extention is amazing, I fully load YouTube videos before getting on public transportation. No need to use a hotspot or crappy wi-fi when I already have everything loaded up before I get on the bus.
- (2019-08-02) Rafe Autie: Using this every day from now on!