Tools for an enhanced experience with the Kindle Cloud Reader, including clipboard and translate functionality.
For many years, the Kindle Optimizer Chrome extension was a convenient way to copy to the clipboard snippets of your Kindle books and make translations of selections using Google Translate. It was a decent free tool that added this crucial functionality to the Cloud Reader. But it has been recently bought out by a different company and the free extension no longer works. All of their efforts are on selling their "Pro" version. Fortunately, the tool was originally open source. We were able to take the open source (MIT Licensed) portion of the code and begin this new free Chrome Extension. It picks up right where the old working Kindle Optimizer left off. We plan to fix a number of the small bugs and add a few basic enhancements.
- (2022-03-15) Lloyd Stoltz: Not working on https://read.amazon.com/ March-2022
- (2021-10-04) R M: Does not work. All I get is Highlight and note.
- (2021-06-20) Alvaro Frapolli Maese: Hi, I get this console error all the time: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'ACRExtensions' of undefined at script.js:39 at script.js:153
- (2021-06-02) Oleksandr Zalishchuk: Doesn't work. Please fix.
- (2021-04-11) Zoe Fox: doesnt work
- (2021-04-09) Mehrdad Esfahani: Does not work.
- (2021-04-01) Abdulaziz Alnuaimi: Does not work.
- (2020-12-06) Gustavo Martineli Massola: Thanks for your effort. I am just starting to use it, but so far, it is an excellent adition to my Kindle cloud reading experience
- (2020-08-15) Stefano Zamprogno: Ottima e funzionale, aggiunge la possibilità di copiare e tradurre il testo selezionato sul lettore cloud di amazon, non si sa perchè amazon non abbia aggiunto queste funzionalità fin dall'inizio...
- (2019-11-16) David Deutsch: Works very well for what I need - copying text. Note that you have to wait a bit after reloading the page for the extra context menus to come up, and clicking "copy" after selecting text will open up another window with the plain text which you then have to copy in the standard way. Technical note: the extension throws an unhandled exception due to Window.KindleReaderContextMenu not being defined, but the code that throws the exception is run again, and that time the property in question is defined.