Resolves the apostrophe wrapped file download issue with Dynamics 365. Provided by Reenhanced.com
This will remove the ' character from file downloads so your computer knows what application can open the downloaded file. There is a bug in Dynamics that saves files with names like 'filename.xls'. For example, if you're downloading a report called CrmReport.xls it gets saved to your computer as 'CrmReport.xls' with the extension of .xls'. This means that your machine isn't able to open the files without a rename. This is caused because Dynamics does not understand how to send a valid file request response to Chrome so it saves the file as surrounded by single quotes. This simple script identifies when files are downloaded that start and end with ' and simply removes the leading and trailing '. There is no data stored, no data sent and no records of your usage of this extension are kept. More details available over at https://reenhanced.com/2019/how-to-fix-dynamics-365-file-download-apostrophe-bug/ Produced by Nick Hance, Software Rescue Specialist and President of Reenhanced.com
- (2019-11-12) Andrew Decker: Love it, such an excellent fix!
- (2019-08-12) OneofSuga'sHunnitBaes: It works, I'll let you know if I get hacked. No security breaches as of yet....
- (2019-06-26) Jaz Bennett: Brilliant, makes Chrome usable again with Dynamics. Thank you!
- (2019-05-01) Charles Olivier Savignac: This extension is exactly what I needed to continue using my favorite browser at work! :) Thank you very much!!
- (2019-03-06) Awesome !
- (2019-02-22) Ib Rene Cario: It will remove ' ' from file name so default app knows what program to use to use.