Sneak some inspiration into your day. See a new, random artwork from the museum's vast collection every time you open a new tab.
One of the world’s major art museums, the Art Institute of Chicago houses an extraordinary collection of objects from across places, cultures, and times. This browser extension pulls from a pool of over 50,000 public domain images of objects in this remarkable collection and greets you with a different piece with each new tab you open. All images displayed in the extension are: • Licensed with an open Creative Commons Public Domain license (CC0). • Downloadable via a link at the bottom of each tab, which means you can use them for your own personal projects. • Clickable to the museum's website, where you can learn more about the individual artworks. Please note that some artworks in the online collection, as in the museum galleries, show nudity.
- (2020-01-09) This is a super cool extension. During a busy workday, little flashes of brilliance and inspiration are very welcomed. Since I can't make it to the museum a whole bunch, this extension is the next best thing.
- (2019-10-31) Scott Smith: This extension is the best. Multiple times in a day, I'm looking at incredible works that keep me thinking and feeling through my mundane existence, elevating my consciousness so that I'm not dead inside. No, but seriously, most truth is said in jest, and I really love this extension. The Institute has a mindboggling collection, and there are things that come up that I wouldn't normally stop to look at. Install this immediately.
- (2019-10-30) Kirsten Southwell: i love art :' )
- (2019-10-25) Tina Shah: I can't stop opening up new tabs and discovering new works of art! So wonderful to have little flashes of inspiration throughout my day!
- (2019-10-09) Josh Andrews: Every day, this extension presents moments of joy. It digs up buried treasures (along with some familiar icons) from one of the world's greatest art museums. Highly recommended!