Turn your new tabs into a universe!
Tabiverse is a procedurally generated universe in your browser tabs. Every time you open a new tab, you are teleported to a procedural planet with random terrains, oceans, atmosphere, and biomes. You are also able to share your planet coordinates with your friends so that they can explore the same planets. Currently, three types of celestial object are in the Tabiverse: planets, stars, and asteroids. Each object might have a ring or moons. We are adding more objects such as black holes and space anomalies very soon. More features such as an account system and multiplayer are also in the works. Follow us on Twitter and join us on Discord to share feedback and get the latest news: Twitter: https://twitter.com/tabiverse Discord: https://discord.gg/MUgRGwE Changelog Version 0.0.0.11 - Dec 30th, 2019 - Added random shuffle button to go to a random planet - Added planet info scanner (currently shows name, habitability, temperature, type, and coordinates) - Added seamless planet transitions - Move camera further if planet has a ring, so the planet isn't too big - Switches to a brand new font that is smooth and consistent across browsers - Make ocean ridge planets more ridged - Fixes seams between planet faces due to inconsistent normals - Fixes some bugs regarding moons rendering Version 0.0.0.10 - Dec 8th, 2019 - Added rings! Random ocean planets will have rings generated - Added moons! Planets and asteroids have a chance to generate orbiting moons - Added "Native Resolution" option to display HD graphics for retina displays. This setting can be computationally intense - Changed default FPS to 60 Version 0.0.0.9 - Nov 14th, 2019 - Fix a bug that prevents share link from being copied Version 0.0.0.8 - Nov 8th, 2019 - Disable camera controls during animation - Move all stars further away from the planet, so no stars are right beside the planet anymore - Launch of https://tabiverse.com - Added a share button on the top right corner. Your friends can view your planets without the extension through the link! Version 0.0.0.7 - Oct 28th, 2019 - Shorten title to Tabiverse so the URL bar isn't obstructed as much - Add a small damping effect to the camera rotation Version 0.0.0.5 - Oct 16th, 2019 - Add initial zoom back as a setting (defaults to true) Version 0.0.0.4 - Oct. 16th, 2019 - Enabled camera rotation and zoom using mouse - New celestial object: stars - Planets should overall look more aesthetic - Disabled zoom animation on page load to save loading time - Improved planet transition animation - More random planet types! (islands and ridged) Version 0.0.0.2 - Oct. 2nd, 2019 - Initial Release
- (2020-01-20) Jacob Sorrell: Love it.
- (2019-11-10) Der JP: Great addon, I'm absolutely in love with it. It runs pretty well too, much better than I expected. I run it on highest settings (60fps, best textures) on my i5-6500 and GTX 1060 and only see some stutter when opening a new tab, but it stabilizes quickly.
- (2019-11-03) Vlad Trapeznikov: so good!
- (2019-10-30) Raajit Sharma: Very cool!
- (2019-10-18) Lance Krasniqi: Very cool! Much better than the regular tab. Can't wait for the next updates :)
- (2019-10-17) Rembrandt Klazinga: Very cool concept, but my FPS were absolutely terrible, and I run a decent, current-gen gaming rig. 10FPS on low and 4FPS on high settings. Can't recommend this until that is fixed.
- (2019-10-17) Aure superaure: Very much what I tend to enjoy. I'll be happily seeing this develop further.
- (2019-10-03) Jake York: Awesome replacement for the new tab. If only I could click and drag around and zoom in and out. Works awesome at full FPS and quality settings too.
- (2019-10-03) C_hawk Ranger: Very cool! love the variety in colours. good job not sticking to just earth-like planets.