Trump has changed his permanent residence to Florida so we made a browser extension that changes his name to 'Florida Man.'
Created by The Daily Show
- (2021-09-06) Jim Kelley: Update please? With Trump no longer prez, it still sometimes changes tweets about the president to being tweets about Florida Man. Maybe some options on what gets turned into Florida Man?
- (2021-01-20) Freek van de Wijdeven: The best. Highly recommended to forget this orange stain on society
- (2021-01-13) Alyssa Stevenson: Cracks me up every time I see it.
- (2020-01-10) Jonathan Ulrich: So perfect
- (2019-11-17) Brandon Nunn: Fantastic extension to break up the mundane. Even surprised that it edits Netflix subtitles too! Also appreciate we can turn it off per site now, as sometimes it causes problems, but I still love it!
- (2019-11-12) Paul Jongen: It's friggin' hilarious! I had set the settings so it only ran when I click the button, so not every site would show the changes. EDIT: But now the extension asks to read my browsing history? Why the heck do you need to read my browsing history? Removed it from Chrome. Deducted 2 stars.
- (2019-11-11) Feral Minette: This makes the daily circus that is this administration more light-hearted. HIGHLY recommend!!
- (2019-11-09) Max McGuire: I cannot recommend this highly enough. Constant amusement with every headline!
- (2019-11-08) David Jacobowitz: If you like this extension, you might like my somewhat bawdier and much more configurable "Detrumpify" extension. You get many more Trump insults, as well as insults for other Trump bootlickers, plus the conversion of many Trump images to puppies or kittens (your choice) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/detrumpify/hfhaalldkgmfbjjehkiddheghljjdjln
- (2019-11-07) Alina Zhong: This is hilarious. And fitting, unfortunately.
- (2019-11-07) Eddie Hernandez: Greatest extension ever! https://eddie-hernandez.com
- (2019-11-06) Matt Clare: It's great. Makes me want more extensions like this.
- (2019-11-06) Bingyu Xie: Troll as hell. Love it! Edit: Noticed it also replaces it in youtube captions, nice touch xD
- (2019-11-06) William Croke: Truly amazing... Changed my life!
- (2019-11-06) So sad they're funny political headlines are funnier then ever, but unfortunately this extension makes other interactive (single page app) sites like email clients incredibly slow, so I can't use this. If the makers created a whitelist option so it could be turned on for only certain sites, like nytimes.com and foxnews.com, then i might use it.
- (2019-11-06) Ricardo C.: Now news make sense again
- (2019-11-06) Fernando Lefort: It's the best extension ever. It makes the internet Great Again!!!
- (2019-11-06) A Minton: THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR YES SO GOOF
- (2019-11-05) Joel P: Incredible. Makes reading the news (which is dominated by Florida Man anyway) fun again.
- (2019-11-05) Maren Parker-Burns: Finally!
- (2019-11-05) John Matthias: The news makes more sense now. If they could just replace "Donald" with "crazy" or "local"?
- (2019-11-05) Avik Cordeiro: A much needed break in the Florida Man deluge of crazy.
- (2019-11-05) Matt Muirhead: Between this and the "Make Trump Tweets Eight Again" extension, I can finally bring myself to read the news. Thanks, Daily Show!
- (2019-11-05) Robert Longo: Excellent extension that fixes all of my news stories!
- (2019-11-05) Chris Johnson: This actually makes things seem like they make sense.
- (2019-11-05) Bastien Merindol: A big strong guy grabbed me, and he was almost crying, and it happens every time, "Sir, thank you so much for this extension".
- (2019-11-05) Caitlin McNaney: the best extension. Well done, Mexico.
- (2019-11-05) Jim McIntyre: Works correctly and allows me to read the rules of euchre without cringing.
- (2019-11-05) M W: Suddenly the news makes some sense again!
- (2019-11-05) Mohammad Qasim: This is everything that was missing in my life!!
- (2019-11-05) Nandini Godara: fantastic! You might think the news reports will sound more insane now, but Florida Man fits right in!
- (2019-11-05) Kat Ohren: Does exactly as advertised and definitely makes the news bearable again. Thank you!
- (2019-11-05) Phillip Hanson: A perfect extension, I asked some other people and they said it was a perfect extension. One of the greatest extensions I would say. I rate this 2/2 small hands.
- (2019-11-05) Chris Buchanan: Works as advertised. Pairs great with another TDS browser extension, Make Trump Tweets Eight Again.
- (2021-01-15, v:1.0.5) Gary Smith: Please update the extension so that it still works for Trump, but not President Biden once he takes office
Please update the extension so that it changes Trump, but not President Biden once he takes office
- (2020-07-23, v:1.0.5) Anthony Rebello: Make it to change the name, not actually change the words when being written
When writing blog posts, it changes Trump to Florida Man on the post, instead of just on my end. It would be nice if it only changed it for me. Thanks!
- (2020-01-22, v:1.0.5) Al Yellon: Comment about The Daily Show's President Florida Man Plugin
I enjoy this plugin immensely. However, it appears to change more than just the name "Trump" or "Donald Trump" or "Donald J. Trump." It also changes the word "President", when capitalized, so that you get things like this: "Former Florida Man Barack Obama." Could this possibly be changed so that "President" remains the same and only Trump's name is changed?
- (2019-11-08, v:1.0.3) Liam Wescott: Other phrases
Perhaps you could include other phrases and/or allow for user-generated phrases. For example, I might want to put "the Florida Golfer" in as a phrase, or perhaps something else. I'm thinking that these phrases would be on the user side of the interface, e.g., not included in the extension. That way, the default phrase would be "Florida Man" but if that could be changed by the users, that would be most excellent. Also, if you could have the extension replace the phrases "Donald Trump" and "Donald J. Trump" with the phrase "Florida Man" (or whatever else the users come up with) then that would be awesome. Great little extension, by the way, and has made my web experience so much better and funnier!
- (2019-11-07, v:1.0.2) anoop asdfk;ja: Word parsing
Make your word parsing work with words that are not just "Donald Trump" For example: Instead of "donaldjtrump" or "@theRealDonaldTrump" change it to "floridajman" and "@theRealFloridaMan"
- (2019-11-06, v:1.0.2) site white-list
Create a site white-list so that this extension works for a few sites and not on the rest. Right now I can't use it cause it makes my email web client ridiculously slow.
- (2019-11-05, v:1.0.2) Charles Forrest Minetree: Safari
Create one that works with Safari.