Simple browser based video player to play your local computer movies, songs etc.
Local Video Player in Browser is a simple to use browser based video or media player. The main feature of this extension is that it allows to play your local video files. Local video player online plays MP4 & M4V video formats. Just click on extension icon in browser and when player opens, look for 'Play a Video' button at the bottom left corner. Click on it to select your video from local computer drive and once selected click anywhere on screen to play your desired video.
- (2021-06-24) I know: искал то, что будет стакаться с video speed control и это расширение вполне управляемо, на сколько мне нужно шагов замедления/ускорения, НО... отвратительный выбор видео+бывает сбивается тайминг+не рабочий плейлист, если выбрано не одно видео (через контрл)+ картинка бесячая и не понятно, ты уже загрузил видео или нет. 3 только за реализацию локал хтмл5 плеера
- (2021-04-10) ESTELITO JR. R. MEDALLADA: Works as intended.
- (2021-02-17) John Navas: PRO: Works nicely on some video files. CON: Does not play H.265 HEVC (on my Acer Chromebook 15).
- (2021-02-02) Shy Vaporeon: I needed something that works with my video speed up add-on and this is just what i have been looking for, thanks so much.
- (2021-01-04) djs: good
- (2020-12-16) Cheung Tyrone: It does the job. I was using jumpcutter to skip the silent parts in videos it but I only want to enable it for local files as otherwise it applies to all that I watch in the browser. I cannot access the built-in page to play the local file if it was disabled, so I play my video with this extension and ask NooBoss to enable jumpcutter only when the page of this player is active. By the way, there is some minor problem with the styling of the control panel. The buttons are not aligned in the middle vertically and to be honest the border and box-shadow are not so goodlooking. If someone experience the same problem, you can write a stylesheet with stylus. To align the buttons, change .fa display to table, line-height and height to 30px and set padding in .btn to 0. To get rid of the border, background and box-shadow, set them to none in .btn:not(.btn-primary).
- (2020-11-07) Civocon Dinnovi: works very well. Pls is support for mkv format coming any time soon?
- (2020-08-04) Alan Teh: I was looking for a simple way to play a local video within a chrome tab in order to screenshare video and audio using Streamyard. This is it! Works very well.
- (2020-07-02) Brunno Bueno: Its useful cause i want to accelerate my videos with an extension. The problem with your extension is that im used with youtube, so I always try to skip five seconds foward or back
- (2020-01-06) Robbie Smith: Pro: Very user friendly. Con: Does not support Chromecast.
- (2019-08-28) Tejasvi Rana: good for playing local mp4 videos
- (2019-08-28) Sunny Singh: loved it
- (2020-10-29, v:1.0) S'enluminer La trogne: Subtitles
Does this extension support subtitles?