Replace your new tab page with awesome productivity widgets
PepperTab is a browser extension that will replace the page you see when you open a new tab, with a personalized dashboard. You can get weather updates, take notes, create todos, see events from your Google Calendar...etc on your new tab page. You can also see refreshing wallpapers every time you open a new tab. PepperTab is built with privacy in mind. All your personal data are stored safely in the browser. You can optionally store and sync your data using secure Blockstack Blockchain infrastructure. - Take Notes on your new tab. - Create Todos on your new tab. - See new refreshing photos every 10 minutes. - See latest Weather. - Integrate with Google calendar and see upcoming events. - Quick access to top sites. - Store and sync your notes and todos securely and privately on Blockstacks powered storage. Permissions: Location - Needed to show weather. Access to peppertab.com - To login to Blockstacks (using peppertab.com as app) to store and sync data. Access to content.googleapis.com - To fetch Google Calendar data. Access to browser history (Optional) - To show most visited websites. Location, Google access tokens, Browser history...etc are only used within in the extension locally. None of these data is sent to our server. The only server interaction is for getting new background images. Your data like Notes and Todos, when stored using Blockstacks infracstructure, is fully encrypted and remains private. Nobody (including us and Blockstacks) can access those data apart from you. New in v 1.7.0: - Reorder and edit Todos - Light mode - Edit Links - Minor improvements and fixes
- (2020-10-01) Seb: I cant add Blockstack on Chrome.. See on Github: https://github.com/larrysalibra/custom-protocol-detection/pull/1 (ChromeOS Bug isnt fixed yet)
- (2020-09-15) Prasanna Parasurama: Great extension except for 1 big issue. Calendar is 1 day ahead (tomorrow's events shows up as today, today's events shows up as yesterday). I checked system clock and google calendar time zone -- still didn't fix the issue.
- (2020-03-11) Luis Enrique Blanco: Muy útil esta extensión. Me gustaría tener más control de la localización ya que está incorrecta pero igual la recomiendo
- (2020-02-19) PREMRAJ SAHU: Great extension. Increases productivity and helps in my daily tasks. One suggestion if I can drag and drop my todos to priortitize. When I add a new todo, it adds at the end of list. Is there a way I can drag it to top or middle ?
- (2019-12-22) Mark Wagie: It would be nice to manually choose the location for the weather as well as choosing between Fahrenheit / Celsius.
- (2020-05-12, v:1.9.1) Ayushi Bansal: Timezone issue
The time is 2pm and it says 56% of the day left! There is no option to fix the timezone too. The best thing will be to autodetect the timezone, if not that an option to manually set will be helpful too. My location - Delhi, India Browser - Chrome and Opera (tried on both) Device - Mac
- (2020-03-29, v:1.7.1) Davey Moran: customize layout?
is there any way or plans to be able to remove the visited sites section? i love the minimal aesthetic and the todos and calendar are perfect, but i work primarily of a 13 inch laptop and therefore those widgets are a little bit low on the screen :( in my case i would gladly sacrifice the most visited section in order to move the notes and calendar sections further up the page.
- (2020-03-07, v:1.6.1) Joseph Thomas: Calendar days are 1 day off
Hello, The day displayed on my calendar are one day off --- they are all displaying as one day early. Today is Saturday the 7th: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewbimf2v6pu53br/Screen%20Shot%202020-03-07%20at%209.48.08%20AM.png?dl=0 This is what Peppertab is displaying: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5incpvr14437qg/Screen%20Shot%202020-03-07%20at%209.48.43%20AM.png?dl=0 Also a suggestion: I have both a work calendar and a personal calendar. The purple events on the first image are pulled in from the personal one. It would be great to be able to add multiple calendars. Thanks!