Chromebook Device Information.
This extension displays all the possible device related information that is available to the extension. This is more of a education exercise, main purpose of publishing this is to figure out how the chrome.enterprise.deviceAttributes really works. This setting only works if the extension is applied from a policy from GSuite. As there is no other way to test this setting without publishing, I created this small extensions that also displays all the possible info bits available for a non dev channel release. Dev channel release has a couple of more info settings.
- (2020-06-24) James Price: nice
- (2020-04-05) servantmrcd Whitehead: Give Data in this form : USB DISK capacity : 31000166400 id : 00000000-000-0000-0000-000000000000 name : USB DISK type : removable Drive_Name 5
- (2020-05-29, v:1.3) Matthew Nichols: Get Hardware info
Can you please add this to your extension? chrome.enterprise.hardwarePlatform.getHardwarePlatformInfo
- (2020-05-26, v:1.3) Matthew Nichols: API to get the manufacturer and model of the hardware platform
Can you add this to your extension? https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/enterprise_hardwarePlatform I tried adding it myself but it always returns with undefined for the model info. chrome.enterprise.hardwarePlatform.getHardwarePlatformInfo
- (2018-04-05, v:1.3) Chromebook Device Info
We're also struggling with this for our Medical Center, and made an extension. Would you be willing to share your code on this?