Simple extension to hide the little red Google Plus notification from the global google header toolbar.
Just a simple extension for those that don't feel like getting nagged every time one of their friends performs an action in Google+. It should get hidden on every google property. Update: Now works on all google properties except Google Plus itself. I also removed the unnecessary icon from the toolbar.
- (2013-04-15) Arun Ilango: Very helpful
- (2012-11-18) Mohammad Khatib: Works like a charm! I love the global notification but a friend of mine expressed annoyance about it so I was looking for something to recommend for him! This should help!
- (2012-10-30) lyra: Very handy when you use the notifications extension, otherwise you see it two times!
- (2012-10-20) K. L.G.: This doesn't work for google docs.
- (2012-04-12) Franck Dernoncourt: Excellent
- (2012-02-01) Crystal McKenzie: This works very well, except one little problem: it doesn't apply to localized search pages like Google.ca. The notifier remains visible there, thus making even work-related searching dangerously distracting. But at least it works well everywhere else, especially mail. I agree with other reviewers that it would be nice to set which sites it works on. I'd probably keep the notifier on in Reader, and off in Mail and definitely off in search if that bug can be fixed.
- (2011-12-05) Craig Froehle: Yay! No more distraction. :-)
- (2016-10-02, v:1.1) Doesnt work
Hi! This no longer can be added to chrome. Please fix it, I have never bothered to write anything anywhere but this addon I cannot live without! Please fix it!