Checks for malicious phishing URLs that use other alphabet characters
Prevents phishing attacks by checking URLs for phishing signatures of Unicode and PUNYCode URl manipulation. Install once, Codify inspects passing URL's for manipulation, locally on your computer, no data sent or stored whatsoeever. Parses URLs that appear to be correct when read by eye for any common phishing URL manipulation and gives a visible alert if the URl contains one of these patterns. This extension will stop you getting caught out with dodgy links that appear to be correct but actually are fraudulent. If you like browsing with ease without the fear of clicking on a fraudulent website with a manipulated URL this application is essential. Toggle on or off by clicking the icon in the top right. http://jamesmatchett.co.uk/codify/ Full write-up of the code contained here! :) Complete list of testing sites at https://github.com/JamesMatchett/Chrome-URL-phish-detector-extension/blob/master/README.md Test it at https://xn--80ak6aa92e.com/ and see if the alert comes up! Made by James Matchett, www.jamesmatchett.co.uk, git: github.com/jamesmatchett
- (2020-10-28) Evan Russell: amazing
- (2018-02-24) tricky pixie: Such a good extension, really helpful!
- (2018-02-22) Jordan Gibson: This extension is very handy, works like a charm :). Would recommend 10/10
- (2018-02-22) meistro monstro: awesome extension
- (2018-02-21) Rachel Murtagh: This is really cool and super helpful :3
- (2018-02-21) Niall Carson: Very helpful extension! 10/10, would recommend
- (2018-02-21) James m: I mean, not sure if my opinion counts but I think it's neat :) and could really help to prevent fraud
- (2018-02-20) Christie Wong: Helpful application :)
- (2018-02-20) Finlay McLees: Great little extension!
- (2018-02-25, v:1.04) The Pinnacle: Whitelisting websites
Add a function that allows for certain websites to be whitelisted so they don't cause an alert.