Adds UI to GitHub commits pages to easier create GitHub compare urls
Manually typing the GitHub compare url takes too much time. Use this simple UI add-on to do it much faster! Note: Works the same way GitHub compare urls are normally generated i.e. from the first SHA of a commit to (but not including) the last SHA of a commit. This means the generated compare url will, for branches, include the top selected commit but not the last selected commit (but the commit before). For pull requests it is the opposite. NEW! Now also works on pull requests! ----------------------------------------------------- Source: https://github.com/hengun348/GitHub-compare-helper Thanks https://github.com/acetrand and https://github.com/bradsk88 for pull request contributions!
- (2022-07-16) Joshua Fattarini: It currently doesn't work.
- (2020-08-09) Shane Smiskol: I was actually just starting to learn how to make a Chrome extension just for this, but I found this in the nick of time. Thanks!! It works perfectly. EDIT: Recently with the GitHub redesign this tool doesn't show its check marks anymore making it unusable
- (2018-09-24) Brad Johnson: Seems to work well from the commits page for a repo. I was hoping it would work for the commits page for a Pull Request, but it does not.
- (2016-06-13) Fredrik Åstrand: This is awesome. I use the GitHub compare feature a lot to get an URL with my gathered commits. This extension takes away many of the manual steps that I needed to do before. I was close to giving it a 4/5 because sometimes it just stops working. And in those cases I don't get any feedback to why it failed. However this is so rare and in 98% of the cases it does work perfect.
- (2016-06-08) when i choose 2 commits and click on `compare` button, nothing happens.