This extension creates a tinyurl for the current browser tab.
The quickest way to shorten and share the URL of the current Chrome tab.
- (2020-06-30) Jim Hubbard: Extension doesn't even show up in the browser. Evidently it doesn't work any longer and should be removed from the store.....
- (2019-05-08) Sean Maguire: Works perfect and does just what it should. To those complaining about it not automatically copying to clipboard - apps that do that automatically can be really dangerous, more so if you have something already in clipboard that you need. #Protip - triple click the link and press control+C to copy. With practice this takes about one second.
- (2019-04-09) Matthew Sexton: Functions 100% as advertised.
- (2019-04-05) Carsten Schäfer: 1. Why is it not copying the URL straight into the Clipboard? 2. Why does a manual copy copies the formatting as well?? I loved goo.gl extension, too sad it is gone....
- (2019-02-13) Gelo Villamor: I hope you could find a way to automatically copy the shortened URL. Nonetheless, Great extension! Fast and easy to use!
- (2019-01-24) Ori S: Good and simple extension. I have two suggestions for improvement: 1) Use https by default, rather than http. We're in 2019 already :) Best would be a checkbox that one can change back to http if needed. 2) As others have already wrote, have a checkbox for auto-copying the link to clipboard. No need for a button to copy, better an ON/OFF switch so that with one click (on the plugin's icon), the link is generated and copied to clipboard.
- (2018-12-03) Should have a copy button next to it, instead of selecting and copying. But still love it :)
- (2018-06-25) Ariel Diaz: I'd rather not have to highlight and copy.
- (2017-08-28) Andras Simon: Awesome!
- (2016-11-23) Aaron Vuong: Now is stop to use, tinyurl is lost function.
- (2016-08-10) Neil Landers: Yes, This app creates a tinyurl link. But you have to scroll over to the little popup, highlight and copy the link. That is entirely way too many steps. Additionally, it would be nice if I could highlight the URL and the extension would add a context menu item to create a tinyURL (Dunno if chrome blocks developers from doing things like this).
- (2016-06-26) Michael J Peacock: Needs to automatically copy to clipboard. What else would anyone ever want it for?
- (2016-04-13) Philip Mischler: Easy to use, simple and effective.
- (2015-09-10) Christy Heffner: Very quick and easy to use. Never had a problem. Would love a tiny url / QR generator combo.
- (2015-08-28) Van Thanh: rất hữu ích. nhanh, tiện lợi. mình không cần phải copy link nữa chỉ cần bấm thôi :)
- (2015-08-04) Clayton Dool: Creates warning in log of "Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience". Otherwise, works fine.
- (2015-06-26) Simple and works great. Really needs to have the option to have it automatically copy to clipboard.. the short URL does no good where it pops up.. we need it in the clipboard
- (2015-06-05) 鄭才暐: 超慢，爛透了
- (2015-04-08) Robert Norton: No frills, just the needed function. Very easy to understand and use.
- (2014-11-30) Eldee Smith: This is great, but there should be an option to automatically copy to clipboard. kind of annoying to have to copy it manually. When would a user ever NOT want to copy the URL they just created? Are they going to hand-type it into another window? This seems like a no-brainer to me, not sure why this feature is missing.
- (2014-09-25) Simon Whitney: Great extension. A copy to clipboard option would be a great feature. But overall great extension!
- (2014-09-23) Hatoriz Channel: Very useful and save effort for making it shorter.
- (2014-08-25) Peter Sward: Works fine but it would be nice if the url was copied to the clipboard so that you could just paste it.
- (2014-06-18) Antonio Vazquez: siempre muy útil! excelente para evitar escribir de más
- (2014-04-09) Rob Thrasher: Very cool tool! Rob T.
- (2020-08-26, v:1.0) Carsten Schäfer: Link formatting when copied via clipboard
While I can ignore pasting-formatting of the tiny URL link gotten from extension, it is annoying and I personally see no point, why any formatting instruction is carried across. The formatting breaks any bullet or existing formatting in the target editors (Outlook, WordPress, etc.). Please make the link raw formatted, without any styling so it adheres to the target editor styles without any line breaks, when copied in clipboard. Thanks
- (2020-05-11, v:1.0) J Gill: Tiny URL
Like others have said, I click on the extension and get a page not available symbol. Seems that no one is addressing this issue, I'll wait a couple of days and if no response I'll remove the ext. and use another.
- (2020-04-27, v:1.0) Ian Wardell: Brave (Chrome Based) Iframe failure
I'm not sure if you are already aware but it appears chrome based browsers are blocking your iframe method. This is either due to tinyurl blocking off-site iframes or the browser itself. The error is" popup.html:1 Refused to display 'https://tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url=chrome://extensions/?id=lbadmllalinlpflkajgkkmjohckpnahm' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'. " I believe that using iframe Target _parent might fix this, or by using the JS const response = new Response(); method and just grabbing the text. I couldn't find a forkable github to make an issue or fix this with or I would have tried that. Best, Ian
- (2020-04-25, v:1.0) Brendan Sturm: Stopped working
After years of working, it broke yesterday. When I click the extension to obtain a short url, it just shows a gray image with the broken square face. Please fix!
- (2019-01-07, v:1.0) Marco Righi: Extension and account
Hi, I have a free account with TinyURL, can I add the links calculated by this extension to my TinyURL account?
- (2018-08-06, v:1.0) Sylwia S: Font
Would it be possible to add a function of changing the default font in which link is copied? Currently it's TNR size 10
- (2017-03-07, v:1.0) 21ct Beratung. Kommunikation. Design.: Statistics
Is there a possibity to check the amounts or sources of TURL-Klicks after I sent it? I heard that there is sth. like that out there... Thanks anyway. Alex
- (2016-05-18, v:1.0) Dmitrii Nuzhin: Business proposal
Hello! I'm interested in your chrome extension . I want to buy it with the transfer of your google account or without it which means the transfer of the chrome extension in my account. I propose the price 650 $. We can bargain if your users are active. e-mail: [email protected] Dmitrii
- (2015-06-26, v:1.0) copy to clipboard
any plans to have the URL copy itself to the clipboard aiutomatically? that'd be great
- (2015-04-11, v:1.0) Copy
Can you add an auto copy function?
- (2014-10-02, v:1.0) gz: install
I can't install it in Chrome on OSXm just says "checking" and never gets past that. I have in in Firefox on WinXP and it works great!
- (2013-11-13, v:1.0) J C: Doesn't work anymore
Upon doing a click on the extension, it shows the usual small pop-up but there isn't any link. Google Chrome - Version 31.0.1650.48 m