UK Radio in one place. Live, catch-up and podcasts from 500 stations: news, sport, and music from pop, rock, and jazz to classical.
- (2020-10-19) Anthony Downie: Really very poor indeed. You have to override the default Chrome cookie settings to get it to remember anything and then if you select a BBC Radio station, it immediately loses the ability to select Favourites or Most Recent while showing a notification that you need to download the Radioplayer App (which is only available for IOS and Android devices)! It seems quite clear from the complete absence of responses to requests for Support in the Chrome App Store in relation to this extension that RadioPlayer have lost interest in it.
- (2020-07-15) Dan Boardman: Used to be great and work with no issues, now keeps asking me to use the chrome app to be able to save my favourite stations - while i'm using the chrome app! pretty impressive to remove functionality that used to work. Otherwise nice simple access to loads of radio stations.
- (2020-02-26) Steve: It is now working again
- (2020-02-17) Rik Anderson: Used to be really good, now rubbish
- (2020-02-16) Mike Phillips: This extension no longer works
- (2020-02-13) Classic Car LEDs: Ok When it worked. No longer works for some reason, just gives a blank screen even after reinstalling
- (2020-02-09) Ian Hensman: When it worked it was ideal for me, but it has just completely stopped in the last couple of days (just a blank white window, no sound, refresh does not help).
- (2019-09-30) David Piper: Used to be great. Then the Beeb changed to BBC sounds and cut off iPlayer Radio. Since then this app does not work. Sigh.
- (2019-04-29) Ray Smith: Good for radio as far as listening but never remembers stations. Doesn't matter how many times I set up favorites, every time I return to it, it says this is the first time using it, here's some we've chosen for you. Which makes it pointless. Only extension that does it and yes, I'm signed into Chrome.
- (2019-03-04) Mark: simply doesnt work as search failed, web site worked but app ext failed on searching, if i cant find anything then i cant listen so.... 1star
- (2018-10-04) Steve Coinitin: Good if it wprked. Diabled adblocker as asked, reloaded a few times and from scratch but no-go!
- (2018-09-17) Richard Mansfield: Doesn't seem to work at all. On opening loads BBC Radio 4 but doesn't play. Menu and search function doesn't work. Would be nice to have all UK radio stations in one place, that's the purpose of this extension right? Very poor QA from the developers. Update: Clearing *.radioplayer.co.uk cookies fixed the issues. Pretty good app. Would be better if it remembered favourites.
- (2018-07-11) Raúl: just a shortcut that opens a pop up windows. Nothing especial...
- (2018-03-14) Ronald Bourne: Great
- (2018-01-11) Tony Glover: Great when working and then suddenly deletes all your favourite stations. This keeps happening. Hopeless overall.
- (2017-12-03) Katesbane: Just opens and refuses to play more often than not. Frustrating.
- (2017-11-14) Lee Field: A great extension, just missing chromecast support. (yes it's in the android app)
- (2017-09-01) Jonathan Krassic: he estado practicando listening con esta app, gran variedad de canales
- (2017-07-11) Pack & Send Richmond: Not great.
- (2017-04-07) Captain Trek: Non functional
- (2017-04-06) Will Scott: Stopped working since google removed plugins in Chrome 57.
- (2017-02-18) IAN /JENNIFER Collett: great app to play the radio 5 out of 5
- (2017-02-15) Alexandre Oliveira: PorcARIA da porra vsfd
- (2017-01-15) Fraser Cameron: brilliant plenty channels too
- (2016-12-22) Daljit Singh: loved it
- (2016-12-11) Claison Catita: Ik hou van Radioplayer
- (2016-11-28) Aftab Khan: Thats awsome
- (2016-10-24) Greg Starr: UK only
- (2016-10-01) Nasimul Islam: Not bad
- (2016-06-02) alessandro biondi: don't work
- (2016-05-10) Can't review as it doesn't work on Chrome 64-bit on Windows 10
- (2016-04-12) Bob Hall: Seems to have a mind of it's own, one day it is fine then for no reason decides not to work at all for a few days, waste of time.
- (2020-12-04, v:1.2.4) Brian Bark: One station only
keeps opening as radio player then immediately becomes Global player, can't see any way back to radio player to get any non Global stations
- (2020-04-02, v:1.2.4) Paul Wooding: Settings not saved - cookies are enabled
The pop-out Chrome extension is not saving my settings and favourites in with all stations. If I listen to say, Gold London, it is fine - I get the top bar with "My Sations", "Recent" etc, but if I then go to say, Heat Radio, I get a "You're not getting the full Radioplayer experience in this browser. Change cookie settings, or upgrade to our app." at the top of the window.. And no favourite or recent bar. But if I then go back to Gold London, its back as it should be.
- (2020-02-17, v:1.2.4) Ian Hensman: Blank screen - WORK AROUND
Like many others, for the last few weeks all I get is a blank screen, no controls, no sound. Interestingly, if I go to BBC Sounds and use the "pop-out player", that works - and it actually shows the same "Search UK Radio" option at the top, with the same Radio player logo in the top right corner. Selecting the "developer's support site" option below shows no support option on the site, but the "About" option says "Radioplayer is a non-profit partnership between the BBC and commercial radio". So looks like BBC Sounds *may* have overridden this. Shame no one has bothered to respond on this forum to explain - come on Beeb! WORK-AROUND Go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds, select the "Listen Live" option for any station, then select "Pop-out player" on the right hand side. This will open what looks exactly like the old interface, it just is more of an effort to get there than one click!
- (2020-02-16, v:1.2.4) Mike Phillips: Radioplayer extension no longer works
App loads a blank "Generic Radio Player" window and therefore no longer works.
- (2020-02-12, v:1.2.4) Steve Thomas: Radiplayer
Just a blank pop up now.... seems others have the same problem. Is it a known issue
- (2020-02-12, v:1.2.4) Christian Skelton: Player no longer working, blank Screen
Player no longer works, just opens a blank screen, can you please advise a fix?
- (2020-02-12, v:1.2.4) Paul Evans: Radio Player will not Load
When clicking on the extension Radio Player just loads as a blank screen tried re-installing it with no success. Have to use links direct from radio stations.
- (2020-02-11, v:1.2.4) Luis Aguiar: Radioplayer extension button
Radioplayer extension button My radio player extension button won't load anymore just get a blank box come up, any ideas to get it back working. I have tried removing it and reloading still won't work! a bit support please
- (2020-02-10, v:1.2.4) Tim C: Radioplayer extension button
My radio player extension button won't load anymore just get a blank box come up, any ideas to get it back working. I have tried removing it and reloading still won't work!
- (2019-11-21, v:1.2.4) Joanna Kersley: Chrome Plug in & website only playing one station
Hi there I can no longer seem to get any radio stations that aren't linked to Absolute radio! Whenever I open the plug in on Chrome or the website, it just opens up the Planet Radio/Bauer player & I can't find any of my saved BBC (or non Bauer) stations. I have tried clearing cookies & cache, but it is still just linking straight to the Planet Radio player.
- (2019-09-28, v:1.2.4) Paul Carless: BBC Sounds
Hiya, since the BBC has taken down Radio iPlayer and replaced it with BBC Sounds, the pop up has too much border around it. I've also noticed that it no longer automatically plays on start. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10. Also, if you are still developing this brilliant extension is there any way you could add a setting that remembers the last size (and position if possible) of the pop out. I have mine set to 67% as it sits nicely in the corner of my desktop and every morning resize the window manually. It would just be a nice to have. Thanks for the brilliant work though, cheers Paul
- (2019-07-17, v:1.2.4) David Cutting: Stuck on endless browser on one station
I clicked on Heart radio station, which took it to a Heart web page within the window and now it's stuck on Heart's website and won't play any radio, nor can I come out of Heart's website to play any other radio station. I've tried clearing any caches I could find and even removing the extension and adding it back in again but i can only ever get to Heart's website over and over again.
- (2019-03-27, v:1.2.4) Andy Robinson: Chrome Extension Not Working
When i click to open a player window the player isn't loading. I get the window, but nothing in it, literally blank. Not sure what to do. i have removed and added again, i have deleted all my history etc. Any ideas please? I miss this working.
- (2019-01-29, v:1.2.4) Joe West: Radio Player problem
Radio Player does not load any station, stuck on loading, please fix
- (2018-08-23, v:1.2.4) App has stopped working
The app has suddenly stopped working. I have gotten another radio app to work (TuneYou Radio) but I'd like to go back to your app if possible. I've tried updating flash, I'm assuming it's the same HTTPS problem that other users have mentioned. I like this app, a fix for this would be very welcome!
- (2018-07-17, v:1.2.4) Simon Dingley: Still broken due to linked HTTP Resources
I've contacted support about this on a couple of occasions and its still not resolved because I don't think they understand. The extension is completely broken for me because the url https://www.radioplayer.co.uk/listen/ links to non-HTTPS resources such as http://cookie.radioplayer.co.uk/cm/all http://static.radioplayer.co.uk/v1/json/StationList.jgz?v1 Like another user posted, I have HTTPS Everywhere installed but this is a simple fix and in this day in age its expected that content is delivered over HTTPS.
- (2018-07-04, v:1.2.4) Darren Wilson: HTPPS
Radio Player conflicts with HTTPS as it is only HTTP. I have to stop my HTPPS Everywhere extension to make it work
- (2018-06-03, v:1.2.4) Paul Carless: Fixed in Chrome
I was having the same problems as others have described here. My RadioPlayer extension stopped working in Chrome but worked ok in other browsers. I downloaded the standalone Flash Player program for Chrome and Safari from Adobe and immediately it started working again! Hope this is of use.
- (2018-05-28, v:1.2.4) Ivan Bailey: Suddenly Stopped Working
Hi people, After years of working perfectly the web app suddenly stopped working in Chrome. Launch the generic version from the extension (or the BBC version direct from the BBC site) and the window launches with the current programme but the stream does not load or start and none of the navigation buttons (Favourites, Schedule etc.) are responsive. It's basically a dead window. Tried in Edge browser and it still works perfectly as do TuneIn feeds. Turned laptop on and off, uninstalled and reinstalled extension, cleared cache, cleared cookies (the Radioplayer cookies are still enabled), checked Flash, Chrome and Windows for latest versions and settings but everything is as it should be except that this feature just suddenly stopped working in Chrome. This is a big thing for me as I listen to all radio via this and launching Edge separately is a pain. Suggestions welcome. Windows 10, Lenovo Yoga.