Pick a default audio output device. Only works for HTML5 <video/> and <audio/> elements served via HTTP(S).
AudioPick allows to pick a default audio output device that is used whenever chrome is playing HTML5 audio or video over HTTP(S). Using a browser_action Popup the default device can be temporarily overwritten on a per tab basis. Since version 0.1.4 AudioPick also finds Media Elements in sub frames. Since version 0.2.0 the extension no longer calls "getUserMedia()" in order to get access to the "sinkId" of Media Elements found by the content script(s), but writes directly to "contentSettings['microphone']". AudioPick only searches for elements within the document tree, e. g. an audio node created by calling "new Audio(...)" that is never inserted into the tree isn't found.
- (2022-12-02) Solarr D: Doesn't work
- (2022-11-04) Alexander Kolnogorov: Приложение прекрасное, и отлично работает! У кого не работает, разрешите сайту доступ к микрофону в настройках сайта, и всё заработает.
- (2022-10-21) Breeze: 10/2022 This does not work, I've followed all the recoms but no luck in getting it to work.
- (2022-09-01) ProCal (ProCal): As of August 2022, this works on most browsers that run on Chromium and are able to use chrome extensions. Works very well, the only thing I wish is to not have to re-select the audio source output every time the tab reloads or the URL changes, it would be more ideal of the extension worked on a per site basis instead of on individual tabs or give us the option to pick either. For those having issues, you have to go to the extension options and select "allow access to all sites". Then you have to go to the URL bar and click on the lock icon on the bar and "allow access to Microphone".
- (2022-08-11) Jonatan Eseiza: Doesn't work on linux.
- (2022-06-26) mate gamer: i bought Bluetooth adapter for my pc and when i connect it doesn't work on chrome (the device) this helps me to make it work
- (2022-06-24) Taehl: Wish it worked, but it didn't. I followed the extra steps, and still nothing. Maybe it isn't compatible with Brave?
- (2022-05-31) V!rus: not working for me
- (2022-04-05) Thao-Trang Hoang: Works as intended after allowing microphone access.
- (2022-03-05) Unknown Person: @Aurore Central "This can be fixed by clicking on the lock icon beside the url > Site settings > Microphone > 'Allow' and refreshing the page. The extension must have access to all sites as well." works perfectly thanks to this guy. top man o7
- (2022-02-24) Les Zani: Amazing idea, but it doesn't work. :( 2019 mac pro running Catalina
- (2022-02-15) Dmitry Baryshkov: Does not work. It shows a list of my audio devices, but doesn't reroute audio to the selected one.
- (2022-02-13) Haaris Qureshi: Does not appear to work - will click on a radio button, it will briefly jump to it and then jump back and the pop-up closes with no change.
- (2022-01-06) Jesse Cox: No longer functions as of Jan, 2022
- (2022-01-02) El ra: It hasn't worked on windows 10 for a long time, it does nothing anymore
- (2022-01-01) Noel Curray: doesn't work on Brave in Linux
- (2021-12-25) Romulo Trindade Alves: Para funcionar, precisa estar no site que deseja ouvir o audio separado, depois clicar no cadeado ( la em cima a esquerda ao lado na barra de endereço), depois configuraçao do site, depois em permissoes, va em microfone e coloque permitir. Mesmo que voce nao tenha ou use microfone precisa fazer isso. No meu caso abri um navegador para a netflix ou youtube e selecionei no audiopick a saida de audio na tv, e o som do windows deixe no computador, assim outros som do computador escuto apenas no fone de ouvido.
- (2021-12-25) Nazanin M.Ch.: Not sure what is wrong, but doesn't do anything for me, it just jumps back to the default audio device when I pick any output. I'm using latest version of Chrome on Windows 11.
- (2021-12-21) Alex Naishtut: У кого не работает расширение поставьте IndieVolume (оно не будет работать но пофиксит расширение)
- (2021-12-16) wo ro: Only offers the option to stream audio to chromecast devices. Hoped it would allow me to send audio to a different audio output, not to my chromecast.
- (2021-12-06) Denny Joker: На текущей, актуальной версии хрома - не работает. Да и судя по отзывам плагин год не обновлялся и не собирается.
- (2021-11-23) alekss: Didn't work for me at all on macOs Monterey while using Opera browser. Extension showed every possible output, but didn't do anything while changing them.
- (2021-11-19) Kazaf 卡薩夫: 給那些安裝不能用的朋友們，如果你們安裝了沒效果，要記得把網站的麥克風權限設成"允許"。 Just remeber enable website micphone permission then it works.
- (2021-11-14) Nicolas Asís: Funciona, pero quizá tengas que cambiar algunas cosas: "Great extension. Although upon installation it was not working properly. I was able to resolve this issue by: 1. Ensuring the AudioPick's site access permissions are set to "on all sites". 2. Then click the lock next to the websites URL and change microphone access to allow. If after doing all of this the extension still is not working properly: 3. Check your operating systems advanced sound options and make sure google chrome's output device is set to Default. It seems if you have google chrome assigned to a specific device via windows the OS will overwrite it and still play audio through the OS assigned device. I hope this helps anyone having issues with this extension."
- (2021-10-30) Siao Kang Ng: this extension is awesom but doesnt work on windows 11
- (2021-10-25) Clementine Moffett: does not work... literally plays every tabs sound through the same source regardless of what I've selected... even tried updating my chrome version... did nothing... this is a useful a fidget spinner... tried it with twitch, youtube, netflix, discord... DID NOTHING
- (2021-09-09) Mateus Stefens: Não funciona
- (2021-09-08) Jerther: Changing device did nothing at first but then I followed the microphone trick explained in this comment and now it works: https://github.com/rain-fighters/AudioPick/issues/36#issuecomment-632015099 Chrome 93.0.4577.63 Fedora Linux 34 (Wayland)
- (2021-08-24) Kyle Guay: Great extension. Although upon installation it was not working properly. I was able to resolve this issue by: 1. Ensuring the AudioPick's site access permissions are set to "on all sites". 2. Then click the lock next to the websites URL and change microphone access to allow. If after doing all of this the extension still is not working properly: 3. Check your operating systems advanced sound options and make sure google chrome's output device is set to Default. It seems if you have google chrome assigned to a specific device via windows the OS will overwrite it and still play audio through the OS assigned device. I hope this helps anyone having issues with this extension.
- (2021-08-13) Максим З: Good, awesome, almost perfect! It will be nice: implement inheritance of the custom output to another tabs opened from the customed
- (2021-07-23) Aleksey Bardushko: Отличное приложение. Работает.
- (2021-07-02) Wesley Hendrix: it didnt work for me i select my output and it goes back to the default one
- (2021-06-26) atraxion invitado: english: dosent work anymore spanish: ya no funciona
- (2021-06-24) Steven D'Hondt: Works just fine, just need to hit the 'lock icon' next to your URL and allow your microphone for some reason...
- (2021-06-13) RRDHghfhfh: не работает
- (2021-06-12) Mikael Lennholm Berg: Does not work at all. macOS 10.13.6, Chrome 91
- (2021-05-29) H H: I think it worked for some people, but as of May 29, 2021, it didn't work for me. As I select another device in the options displayed, the sound maintains as the default option I'm currently using.
- (2021-05-25) Luan Henrique Sacer: O meu funcionou, muito top esta extensão, caso o seu não funcione, ative no cadeado, próximo ao símbolo de atualização do site, próximo a barra de digitar (site), no canto superior da tela a esquerda, permita a ativação do microfone, no meu funcionou perfeitamente!!!
- (2021-05-24) Czarina: Hello! As of May 24, 2021, I installed this extension. At first, it didn't worked so I uninstalled it immediately but I found a solution. Go to your chrome's settings > privacy and security > site settings and click on the site you want to modify the audio output, let's say youtube for example. After that, you'll see a lot of permissions listed, scroll down and look for Sound change Automatic(default) to Allow. After that, refresh youtube and you can finally use AudioPick. I am currently playing a youtube video and I was able to play the audio to my TV and second monitor, both connected to my laptop. The audio for each youtube video tabs are independent as well. If I'm playing the first youtube video's audio to my TV, the second youtube video's audio will play automatically to my laptop since it's the default device until I choose to play it somewhere else with AudioPick. I hope this will help because this extension is helping me today. Thank you so much for the developer! Being a developer is not easy.. Thank you!
- (2021-05-15) Kyle: Doesn't work when trying to get audio through hdmi to a TV.
- (2021-05-14) Jeff Schulz: Absolutely Fantastic! Must have if you use any interfaces to route audio. Works perfectly and is super quick.
- (2021-05-11) Lee John Moore: I had high hopes for this extension but after much tinkering around I gave up. It just won't work for me. Oh well. This kind of functionality should really be built into modern-day browsers given the increasing focus on web apps.
- (2021-05-09) Вапукбра Гизманумата: 2021 not work
- (2021-04-07) Osborn Koks TV: Очень полезное расширения, для переключения источника звука каждой вкладки, можно к примеру одну вкладку включить через наушники, другую через колонки.
- (2021-03-31) Joshua Mertz: Love the idea but it doesnt work on my browser.
- (2021-03-29) 최한: it does not work for mac os 10.15.7 (up to date at the time of this review). everytime i choose a different output, it reverts to a default output.
- (2021-03-23) James Hersom: had it for a few years now and love it thank you
- (2021-03-08) Дмитрий Крылов: Не работает
- (2021-03-03) Martin Cabrera: Stopped working
- (2021-02-09) HLK: Stopped working a while ago
- (2022-10-20, v:0.2.2) a air conditioner: Extension options do not work
As said in the description, the extension options of this extension do not work. What shows up is a window that is blank with a single radio button with no labels. Please fix! Microsoft Edge Version 106.0.1370.47 (Official build) (64-bit)
- (2021-12-11, v:0.2.2) Ziyaad Dhorat: Nor working
Yeah, it just doesn't word, helo much appreciated thanks
- (2021-11-09, v:0.2.2) Cole Coronel (CCninja): Windows 11 incompatibility
Hi, i just recently upgraded to windows 11 and i was wondering if that was a current issue or i have done something wrong in the process
- (2021-10-14, v:0.2.2) El TONIO: does this still works ?
Hi does, the extension works today? and is it working if im on mac os Catalina ?
- (2021-08-31, v:0.2.2) depocamu: Work! But not in incognito mode althru extention is allowed!
AudioPick works great! But when I use incognito mode AudioPick does not switch( Althru extention is allowed! Can you help me?
- (2021-08-04, v:0.2.2) TiTa Sa: The extesion doesn't work
I select the different audio output but the change doesn't take and it goes back to system default. I've restarted chrome and windows,same issue.
- (2021-05-16, v:0.2.2) Shantofficiel ラクーン: Not working anymore
Well, it s my second time here, this time the extension stopped working when I open a new youtube video or anything like that.. It wasnt doing that previously Anyway to fix it, it is very annoying when I just play a video game and the volume get way higher than it should
- (2021-05-15, v:0.2.2) Craig Gill: Does not work any more
When I open the extension and select a device, my device list is there but clicking on the button does nothing
- (2021-05-14, v:0.2.2) Pippa DeHond: not working
it does not work (anymore)
- (2021-03-13, v:0.2.2) Diego Andres: its not workinh
not working anymore
- (2021-03-06, v:0.2.2) Vinicius Basilio: Não está funcionando / Is not working
Quando eu clico na saida de audio, nada acontece, nenhuma das saidas de audio ficam marcadas When I click on the audio output, nothing happens, none of the audio outputs are marked
- (2021-01-10, v:0.2.2) Derek Vieira: Nice extension! It's a pity it isn't available on other browsers :c
Please make a version for Opera or other browsers... my pc can't handle chrome very well and this extension is so useful its a shame
- (2021-01-03, v:0.2.2) Kai Black: Sadly don't work
Sadly this on longer works, I am on windows 10 Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) I set it to On Click also and it just deselects it soon as it's closed no out put it does show the sound but does not let it work.
- (2020-12-24, v:0.2.2) Vincenzo Piano: audiopick don't work
Hello, I have the last version of audiopick and don't work with Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Ufficial Build 64 bit). I play video in youtube and then I click on the bluetooth device but audiopick seems do nothing.
- (2020-11-12, v:0.2.2) Peter Løth: default output pr site
i use this extension rather frequently after installing it. and would love to see a way to set it up on a pr page basis.. i frequently use it to get my youtube audio out on a virtual output i use for music(adds a touch of bass and some other things happen, not important) and it's a bit of a bother to remember to change the output, instead of having a way for it to look at the address, compare it to a list, and switch output automatically. would this be possible in the future?
- (2020-10-23, v:0.2.2) Laco spb: Works on Chrome
Works on Chrome version 80.0.3987.149 (from 2020-03-23)
- (2020-10-06, v:0.2.2) Shantofficiel ラクーン: Dont work, even with microphone permission
It detect my audio output but dont react on click. Been 5day already, tried to restart my pc, restart chrome, reinstall the plugin.... Nothing work.
- (2020-09-16, v:0.2.2) Beth R: Doesn't Work?
Is this compatible with YouTube or Twitch? I want Twitch to play through monitor speakers and YouTube to play through Bluetooth headphones. I select the headphones as an option but the audio doesn't switch.
- (2020-09-16, v:0.2.2) Warmuser: Need to be fixed
The extension doesn't work properly on Brave Browser x64 with the latest updates (chromium based).
- (2020-09-08, v:0.2.2) GEILSON_: audio pick nao funciona
como resolver quando ta ta funcionando
- (2020-09-06, v:0.2.2) Erickson Ureta: Doesn't work with Amazon prime
I have a dual monitor setup with a TV. I'm attempting to play movies from Amazon Prime with audio output routed to the TV speakers. It works for Youtube but not for this website. I also already tried allowing mic permissions and restarting my browser for Amazon Prime.
- (2020-08-27, v:0.2.2) Дмитрий Чепель: stopped working
Extension stopped working after something happened. list of audio devices is available, but after I changed current audio device nothing to happens anything.
- (2020-08-15, v:0.2.2) Renan Zampier: Audi PICK não funcion
Tenho chrome no windows 10 pro. Não esta funcionando.
- (2020-08-07, v:0.2.2) Daba dada: Selecting a default device
Used to be able to do so in the options menu but now it shows up with a single radio button and nothing else unfortunately, no texts, no devices. It still works from toolbar to select different devices however, just unable to set a default.
- (2020-08-05, v:0.2.2) Andrew R. Paullin: Unable to changes devices on Linux (RHEL). Thanks for trying though!
please see above. Press the radio button but it switches back.
- (2020-07-31, v:0.2.2) Onkel Tem: Doesn't seems to work
I cannot provide many details for now but it didn't work for me. Windows 7.
- (2020-07-14, v:0.2.2) Alexander Gaston: Cannot Switch Default Device in Extension Options
In the Extension Options popup, I see the text "Pick a default device for audio output and close this window" with only a single unmarked radio button below it instead of the various devices I have. Since I cannot select a default, I have to change the device for every Google Chrome tab. I have tried the suggestion of allowing microphone access to YouTube and other sites, but this has not fixed the issue.
- (2020-07-13, v:0.2.2) Alexandre Wery: dont work anymore
audio pick is out
- (2020-07-09, v:0.2.2) Максим Котенков: Не работает расширение(
Установил расширение AudioPick, но оно не работает. При выборе устройства воспроизведения, звук остается на устройстве по умолчанию. При выборе параметров расширения на вкладке расширения он просит выбрать устройство воспроизведения, но вариантов не предлагает, есть только одна не подписанная кнопка.
- (2020-07-08, v:0.2.2) Kyle Tong: Amazon Music not Compatible
I've found great success with this app in Netflix, Spotify, and YouTube! I have to enable microphone permissions, as outlined elsewhere, but I cannot get this extension to work with amazon music. Been at it for quite a while now, refreshing, dis/enabling microphone, refreshing more, restarting chrome. No worky.
- (2020-07-05, v:0.2.2) DragonFan576: problema
sabes que tengo un problema de que no me funciona y empezo desde que formatie el pc y lo quite y lo volvi a poner nose cuantas veces y sigue sin funcionar nose si le falta permiso por fabor ayuda
- (2020-06-25, v:0.2.2) VidinaSS: SAVE GOOGLE CHROME PLZ
The new Google Chrome update has stopped defulting which output you can use. Please help & fix this :)
- (2020-06-22, v:0.2.2) Hojin Cheon: new window updated, not worked defalt option
window version 2004
- (2020-06-10, v:0.2.2) Michael Gaponenko: not working
Can't change my output device on "https://vk.com/" even after allowing the microphone in settings.
- (2020-05-31, v:0.2.2) luca santalucia: slows pages down
slows down pages, gets easy to notice on netflix homepage, moving mouse on titles and when the preview starts move to another title, the page starts becoming unresponsive after 6-8 previews, and keeps getting slower. The problem occurred to me also on google hangout meet, and telegram web, tho it takes longer to start blocking the page
- (2020-05-28, v:0.2.2) Italo França Ramos: Netflix
One of the problems I've been having is on sites like Facebook, Twitter and Netflix. Netflix is currently not working. Facebook and Twitter return to default audio output after playing a video/audio. The extension is amazing, these are just a few suggestions, great work!
- (2020-05-21, v:0.2.2) Straxex: extension stopped working
stopped working suddenly
- (2020-05-21, v:0.2.2) Williamma Luna: not working
- (2020-05-20, v:0.2.2) Bob Kickflip: Site default outputs/No output
Love this plugin! Couple of feature requests - could we get an option to choose default outputs for particular websites, and an option for no output? This would be great for whitelisting sites against ones that have random noisy adverts!
- (2020-05-15, v:0.2.2) Raphael Neves: the program dont run
português (minha lingua) Não funciona, eu troco o "divice"(dispositivo) e simplesmente não funciona, o que eu faço para resolver esse problema ? meu google chrome(navegador) esta atualizado, me ajuda por favor. In inglesh It doesn't work, I change the "divice" (device) and it just doesn't work, what do I do to solve this problem? my google chrome (browser) is up to date, help me please.
- (2020-05-07, v:0.2.2) André Carvalho: Stopped working
Hello, how are you? The extension worked perfectly separating the sound from the tabs. I was able to get the sound of one tab through the hdmi port and the sound of another tab through the earphone connector (P2). After updating chrome the extension simply stopped working. When I click on the menu options it no longer shows me the output device options. I am not a computer expert. Please explain to me step by step how to solve this problem with the extension. thank you
- (2020-05-02, v:0.2.2) Killer-931: Not working Correctly
Hello! I am a long time user of this Extension. Been using it for about a year and a half I think, so I am very invested in it's continued working state. So the issue is that it doesn't change the audio output from any site, it simply doesn't work. And going into the options you cannot pick a Default Audio Device as it comes up with a blank slot. Please, fix the Extension, I absolutely love it as it makes using multiple virtual audio cables very viable. Thank you and have a good day.
- (2020-05-02, v:0.2.2) Luiz Carlos de Souza Javorski Junior: Not work
Device switching is not working
- (2020-04-29, v:0.2.2) Richard Davey: This has overnight stopped working.
Left click the device no longer does anything. please fix asap. thank you.
- (2020-04-29, v:0.2.2) George Goodsell: Missing Devices
Same as everyone else - latest update seems to have broken the extension's ability to see devices. Hoping for a fix soon! Love this thing.
- (2020-04-28, v:0.2.2) Darren Chen: Not working
After chrome update doesn't work anymore. I hope this can be solve. It is a amazing extension I use all the time .
- (2020-04-28, v:0.2.2) MysTerioN Soull: Stopped Working after last actualizations the Chrome
After the last update of Chrome the app stopped selecting the audio output! This extension is great, don't let it get stuck like that! We all thank you for your work and commitment! GO GO GO !!!
- (2020-04-28, v:0.2.2) André Carvalho: Does not work.
It was working normally, but after updating chrome it stopped working. Please fix it, I'm a big fan of this extension. thank you
- (2020-04-24, v:0.2.2) Vitor Toyonaga: Not working!
The extension is not capturing the audio from each tab no more. When I open a first tab and send to a custom output, it works; but when I open a new tab and send this second audio to a diferente output, the first one stops working.
- (2020-04-24, v:0.2.2) Jason Worthing: Audiopick not Working
This problem seems to be twofold. 1) Audiopick does not show any device options when I rightclick->options, it only shows a single blank option with a tick box that does nothing. Left clicking the browser icon brings up the menu like normal, with all my audio devices, it's just the options menu that doesn't show it. 2) The browser icon menu (left click) straight up doesn't work. I can change the option with the tick mark, but it won't actually change the output audio device. Can't figure out what I need to do to fix it. I've tried reinstalling the exension and restarting my computer, but with no success.