Pick a default audio output device. Only works for HTML5 <video/> and <audio/> elements served via HTTP(S).
AudioPick allows to pick a default audio output device that is used whenever chrome is playing HTML5 audio or video over HTTP(S). Using a browser_action Popup the default device can be temporarily overwritten on a per tab basis. Since version 0.1.4 AudioPick also finds Media Elements in sub frames. Since version 0.2.0 the extension no longer calls "getUserMedia()" in order to get access to the "sinkId" of Media Elements found by the content script(s), but writes directly to "contentSettings['microphone']". AudioPick only searches for elements within the document tree, e. g. an audio node created by calling "new Audio(...)" that is never inserted into the tree isn't found.
- (2020-01-14) Peter Janssen: I use this a lot! Is sometimes crashes the audio. Not sure if it's windows driver or this extension.
- (2020-01-14) Teodor Ganchev: This is by far the best extension I've come by in the recent years! I would give it 10 stars if I could. P.S. It no longer works with for YouTube/Twitch and a TV connected via HDMI.
- (2019-12-26) Alan Xu: it does do exactly what it says and it works. however the chrome default device is still engaged even after i switched the sound from the tab to a different device...... i think its more like chrome problem now...... also the sound setting in windows10 doesnt always work (assign program to different device)
- (2019-12-04) John Martin: Completely Pointless since it doesn't work on google sites. Can't use it to switch to headset when using hangouts so what's the point?
- (2019-12-01) VensJem: It works exactly as I need. Thanks
- (2019-11-06) Fabricio José: Excelente extensão!
- (2019-11-03) storm: it was working with my bluetooth sound device after installed & reboot windows 10.
- (2019-10-29) Dale: i cannot live without this extension, adds a feature that should be available on all browsers.
- (2019-10-26) Nathaniel Simone: Let's me play audio / video in Chromium while Jack is running. Super helpful! Thanks.
- (2019-09-10) Merle Cox: I am an internet broadcaster who pushes audio routing to the limit. This little plug in is fantastic! Good job. It scratches a major itch I had when it comes to routing audio. Thanks!
- (2019-09-01) thomas whitehead: worked for what i wanted
- (2019-08-23) Bankutsu Uzumaki: REALLY GOOD APP! does what it says and it solved my issue of not being able to split the audio from Chrome! so ty!
- (2019-08-07) Gubó Dániel: Okay, Right click on the Icon, go to settings and there you can REALLY change the audio output... Wasn't it obvious?! XD
- (2019-08-07) Tmas Laurie: no pense que existiria, buen addon
- (2019-08-01) RidiX: At first, I thought it didn't work and I got really mad. I tried it with already open tabs, and it didn't work. It seemed that it worked perfectly with new tabs and it filtered my audio where I wanted. I am so happy it works. Thanks for making such an useful ap. Keep up the good work!
- (2019-07-30) Simon Gjedde: This hardly even works. It keeps outputting to the wrong device. I constantly have to change the device back and forth to get it to work, and then 50% of the time it works for one episode, song or whatever. The other 50% of the time it just crashes the webpage.
- (2019-07-25) John Palmer: I've been waiting something like 15 years for a browser to be able to output to a device other than the system default. Every time I looked the only answer I found was that browsers didn't have the capability to output to different devices so even extensions couldn't achieve what I wanted. It seems that was either incorrect or it was added. Whatever the reason, this extension works amazingly. I was even more shocked that I could have 2 tabs outputting to two different audio devices simultaneously. Great work! Thank you so very much! Note to people that use this: Another useful program I've found is called Sound Lock by 3APPES Ltd. which is "a sound output level limiter for your PC which works with Windows Vista or higher." It will automatically adjust volume of any specific audio device to not go above a manually set threshold. It's especially good for movies with loud explosions and quiet dialog. Just set the threshold just above the speech level and it will dampen anything louder.
- (2019-07-24) Erik Macias: Estubo bien, porque hace lo que dice que hace pero 1 cosa que no hace es funcionar en modo incognito. si me dijeran lo opuesto y como hacerlo funcionar en incongito le subiria una estrella. Otra estrella por el diseño de la misma extension. El diseño esta simple pero no elegante. se podria mejorar. Recomendaria que usaran mas lo que es el material design para apoyarse y mejorar el diseño.
- (2019-07-23) Andrew Andreew: Очень нужное расшрение
- (2019-07-21) Jonathon Walker: Excellent, routes audio to my second monitor
- (2019-07-13) RobombRobot: Absolutely love it! I use it with VB-Audio Virtual Audio Cable and VoiceMeeter Banana so that I can play music etc. to my friends without them hearing everything else on my PC.
- (2019-06-28) Rafal Zelazo: This is the perfect example of an extension that does what it's supposed to do and does it extremely well. For example: I can set kids' youtube browser window (on secondary monitor) to play on speakers, while I can listen to anything I want on my headphones. Both streams will keep their respective audio devices as well as long as the pages are open. Thank you!
- (2019-06-26) beniniandre: Very useful,thanks :)
- (2019-06-13) Arthur Green: Doesn't work, can't select anything but default option.
- (2019-06-12) Mnr P Du Barbante!!: muuuuuuito bom mesmo, deixe sua guia saindo o som num radio e o o som do pc normal na saida padrão
- (2020-01-10, v:0.2.2) Lawrence Greenberg: Set default output by URL?
Do you know of a way that I can set a persistent default audio output based on the URL? For example, everytime I access voice.goole.com I want audio to go to my headset and everytime I access Pandora.com, I want the audio to go to my AudioBox USB.
- (2019-12-23, v:0.2.2) Mr. Kiêu Ngạo: Causing "Not Responding"
While browsing https://store.steampowered.com/ during Sales Event, this plugin causes tab not responding. This problem only happens during Steam Sales while the page contains a lot of blocks and a carousel banner. This problem not happens if this plugin is disabled.
- (2019-12-16, v:0.2.2) Damyan Dimitrov: It stopped working after disabling it and then enabling it.
I had to disable it because it was spamming the console with calls which I wanted to stop for my dev work. Then after enabling it again I cannot select anything from the radio buttons. Tried reinstalling, deleting data folder in appdata. Nothing worked. Only way is if I right-click>Options, then theres a popup with the radios, when i select one it becomes the default, and cannot change it from the icon.
- (2019-09-14, v:0.2.2) Ps2004 Ps2004: Shortcuts ?
Hey, Is there any plan to get keyboard shortcut to switch to pre chosen output ? Or, tho that wouldn't always be the best, select output depending on website preference ? Let's say youtube/twitch if on speaker by default, while everything else is on headset ?
- (2019-09-09, v:0.2.2) CJ Hacker: unusable
This extension use to work well. But selecting different output does nothing now i had VB installed before getting this and it worked for a time. I tried removing the extension and re adding it. no good.
- (2019-09-01, v:0.2.2) Ross Mckellar: Doesn't work
Tried with VB virtual Cable output through voicemeeter banana. It still continues to play from default, which is windows default.... The whole thing is unusable.
- (2019-08-15, v:0.2.2) Steve Bell: ESPN+
Have an issue with ESPN+ that it wont play on the selected device. YouTube works without any issues.
- (2019-08-04, v:0.2.2) Mr. Kiêu Ngạo: Audio returns to Default Device
While listening at pages have playlist including both Audio and Video clips the bug happens. Audio plays flawlessly during Audio tracks through Picked device. But skipping to the Video track, Audio will playback through Default device. Until repick the Picked device (pick another device then pick Picked device again) or skipping to Audio track, Audio returns playback at Picked device.
- (2019-07-24, v:0.2.2) Erik Macias: Modo incognito.
Funciona en modo incognito? y si si, como lo hago funcionar en modo incognito? gracias.
- (2019-06-24, v:0.2.2) Arthur Bartlett: Chrome Crashing when using Audiopick
I love this extension, but lately I can't use it because it will crash my browser 9/10 times. Any chance for an update in the near future?
- (2019-06-15, v:0.2.2) Ryan Kafka: Hangs Imgur homepage
Trying to load the imgur homepage spams up the dev console with thousands of messages and hangs the browser tab.
- (2019-06-01, v:0.2.2) Jacob Caddick: Single tab won't work on default audio selection
I have no idea how to reproduce the issue, but only one site (twitch) wouldn't play audio if I had default audio device selected. All other tabs, even other twitch site tabs, could play audio to that device. DISABLING the extension and reloading the tab, browser AND reinstalling chrome failed to fix the issue. The point of bringing this up is that the settings of this extension appear to still take effect even after being disabled or removed. I don't want to try and replicate the issue again because I don't want to spend time troubleshooting if I can't fix it.
- (2019-04-20, v:0.2.2) John Doe: Strange issue
Gday guys. Have had audiopick for a few months now use is occasionally but never have had any issues until now. Suddenly I have no sound in any chrome browser, and i realized, that if I change the audio output from say speaker to headphones then back to speakers again the sound will work. Until I move to the next video then I will have to do the same thing again. Doesnt matter if i set it to use default device, or lock it into speakers or headphones etc.. Every new page, or youtube/facebook video requires me to change the output then back for it to work. I have tried disabling the extension and then have no sound available through chrome no matter what I do. And if i remove the extension completely the problem remains the same, no sound through chrome no matter what I do.