Pick a default audio output device. Only works for HTML5 <video/> and <audio/> elements served via HTTP(S).
AudioPick allows to pick a default audio output device that is used whenever chrome is playing HTML5 audio or video over HTTP(S). Using a browser_action Popup the default device can be temporarily overwritten on a per tab basis. Since version 0.1.4 AudioPick also finds Media Elements in sub frames. Since version 0.2.0 the extension no longer calls "getUserMedia()" in order to get access to the "sinkId" of Media Elements found by the content script(s), but writes directly to "contentSettings['microphone']". AudioPick only searches for elements within the document tree, e. g. an audio node created by calling "new Audio(...)" that is never inserted into the tree isn't found.
- (2020-04-15) Angel Guzman Maeso: I was needing something like this in youtube with my USB headphones. THANKS
- (2020-04-08) Martin Haut: Spotify never worked. Now it is completely broken and always uses system default device. useless ...
- (2020-04-03) Daniel Hesse: Works in regular Chrome, but not Chrome Beta, all settings are the same, tried restarting, no dice.
- (2020-04-02) Abdul-Hakeem Burns: Awesome idea, but doesn't seem to work. When I try to select a different audio device for the tab I'm viewing, nothing happens. It just stays on the default device. EDIT: Nevermind, just had to refresh the YouTube page. Works great now.
- (2020-04-01) kevcrak B: como hago para que me deje cambiar el sonido de dispositivo?
- (2020-03-28) Welmet: Really useful especially if you have multiple audio devices but unfortunately its pointless if it keeps changing the default output every now and then. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but it keeps forgetting the default device and puts it in something random. Can you help me out here? Also it works only for HTML video and audio tags so for example Spotifys Webapplication does not work with this Plugin. Youtube/Twitch and other usual streaming services work just fine
- (2020-03-27) tyui fghj: it works fine with the virtual audio cable asio ver, which can route chrome's audio into a daw that using asio
- (2020-03-26) Gabriel Henzel: MUITO BOM, CONSIGO DEIXAR A TV COM UM ÁUDIO NA SEGUNDA TELA E O MONITOR PRINCIPAL COM OUTRO ÁUDIO, PERFEITO
- (2020-03-26) Michael Schneider: Well, i searched for it, found it, installed it, works perfect. SomeHotkeys or Custom Menu Icons would be 10/5 stars. Like if u could create an extra Button in the MenuBar for a specific device to switch to switch just one click.
- (2020-03-19) Zach Smith: Chrome update has broken this extension and no longer changes the audio output when you pick your new output. I've tried reinstalling the extension and reinstalling chrome.
- (2020-03-17) Tero Korpela: "System Default Device" doesn't work. It plays audio to wrong device. "System Default Communication Device" works fine and respects what I have selected and all individual devices works fine. Only "System Default Device" doesn't work as it suposed to. Also I have notices that on https://music.youtube.com/ it changes sound device sometimes after first song. Using Windows 10 Pro Without these issues I would give 5/5
- (2020-02-23) KristijanRoss: Works like a charm
- (2020-02-08) Cole Mayes: Sweet extension!! My PC is my entertainment center connected via digital to the TV which is connected optically to the DTS sound system, and this extension immediately allowed me to switch the media I was watching on Chrome from the PC to the optical sound system instead of the PC speakers. Thank you for this awesome and well created piece of code. :)
- (2020-02-06) Adriano Fill: top d+
- (2020-01-29) gtWebHost WebHost: Works Perfectly! Exactly what I needed.. I can put songs to my daughter and at the same time hear my classes through my headphones!
- (2020-01-24) cigiszünet: Thanks for this! It's an amazing plugin! Thanks, Thanks! ^^
- (2020-01-14) Peter Janssen: I use this a lot! Is sometimes crashes the audio. Not sure if it's windows driver or this extension.
- (2020-01-14) Teodor Ganchev: This is by far the best extension I've come by in the recent years! I would give it 10 stars if I could. P.S. It no longer works with for YouTube/Twitch and a TV connected via HDMI.
- (2019-12-26) Alan Xu: it does do exactly what it says and it works. however the chrome default device is still engaged even after i switched the sound from the tab to a different device...... i think its more like chrome problem now...... also the sound setting in windows10 doesnt always work (assign program to different device)
- (2019-12-04) John Martin: Completely Pointless since it doesn't work on google sites. Can't use it to switch to headset when using hangouts so what's the point?
- (2019-12-01) VensJem: It works exactly as I need. Thanks
- (2019-11-06) Fabricio José: Excelente extensão!
- (2019-11-03) storm: it was working with my bluetooth sound device after installed & reboot windows 10.
- (2019-10-29) Dale: i cannot live without this extension, adds a feature that should be available on all browsers.
- (2019-10-26) Nathaniel Simone: Let's me play audio / video in Chromium while Jack is running. Super helpful! Thanks.
- (2020-05-31, v:0.2.2) luca santalucia: slows pages down
slows down pages, gets easy to notice on netflix homepage, moving mouse on titles and when the preview starts move to another title, the page starts becoming unresponsive after 6-8 previews, and keeps getting slower. The problem occurred to me also on google hangout meet, and telegram web, tho it takes longer to start blocking the page
- (2020-05-28, v:0.2.2) Italo França Ramos: Netflix
One of the problems I've been having is on sites like Facebook, Twitter and Netflix. Netflix is currently not working. Facebook and Twitter return to default audio output after playing a video/audio. The extension is amazing, these are just a few suggestions, great work!
- (2020-05-21, v:0.2.2) Straxex: extension stopped working
stopped working suddenly
- (2020-05-21, v:0.2.2) Williamma Luna: not working
- (2020-05-20, v:0.2.2) Bob Kickflip: Site default outputs/No output
Love this plugin! Couple of feature requests - could we get an option to choose default outputs for particular websites, and an option for no output? This would be great for whitelisting sites against ones that have random noisy adverts!
- (2020-05-15, v:0.2.2) Raphael Neves: the program dont run
português (minha lingua) Não funciona, eu troco o "divice"(dispositivo) e simplesmente não funciona, o que eu faço para resolver esse problema ? meu google chrome(navegador) esta atualizado, me ajuda por favor. In inglesh It doesn't work, I change the "divice" (device) and it just doesn't work, what do I do to solve this problem? my google chrome (browser) is up to date, help me please.
- (2020-05-07, v:0.2.2) André Carvalho: Stopped working
Hello, how are you? The extension worked perfectly separating the sound from the tabs. I was able to get the sound of one tab through the hdmi port and the sound of another tab through the earphone connector (P2). After updating chrome the extension simply stopped working. When I click on the menu options it no longer shows me the output device options. I am not a computer expert. Please explain to me step by step how to solve this problem with the extension. thank you
- (2020-05-02, v:0.2.2) Killer-931: Not working Correctly
Hello! I am a long time user of this Extension. Been using it for about a year and a half I think, so I am very invested in it's continued working state. So the issue is that it doesn't change the audio output from any site, it simply doesn't work. And going into the options you cannot pick a Default Audio Device as it comes up with a blank slot. Please, fix the Extension, I absolutely love it as it makes using multiple virtual audio cables very viable. Thank you and have a good day.
- (2020-05-02, v:0.2.2) Luiz Carlos de Souza Javorski Junior: Not work
Device switching is not working
- (2020-04-29, v:0.2.2) Richard Davey: This has overnight stopped working.
Left click the device no longer does anything. please fix asap. thank you.
- (2020-04-29, v:0.2.2) George Goodsell: Missing Devices
Same as everyone else - latest update seems to have broken the extension's ability to see devices. Hoping for a fix soon! Love this thing.
- (2020-04-28, v:0.2.2) Darren Chen: Not working
After chrome update doesn't work anymore. I hope this can be solve. It is a amazing extension I use all the time .
- (2020-04-28, v:0.2.2) MysTerioN Soull: Stopped Working after last actualizations the Chrome
After the last update of Chrome the app stopped selecting the audio output! This extension is great, don't let it get stuck like that! We all thank you for your work and commitment! GO GO GO !!!
- (2020-04-28, v:0.2.2) André Carvalho: Does not work.
It was working normally, but after updating chrome it stopped working. Please fix it, I'm a big fan of this extension. thank you
- (2020-04-24, v:0.2.2) Vitor Toyonaga: Not working!
The extension is not capturing the audio from each tab no more. When I open a first tab and send to a custom output, it works; but when I open a new tab and send this second audio to a diferente output, the first one stops working.
- (2020-04-24, v:0.2.2) Jason Worthing: Audiopick not Working
This problem seems to be twofold. 1) Audiopick does not show any device options when I rightclick->options, it only shows a single blank option with a tick box that does nothing. Left clicking the browser icon brings up the menu like normal, with all my audio devices, it's just the options menu that doesn't show it. 2) The browser icon menu (left click) straight up doesn't work. I can change the option with the tick mark, but it won't actually change the output audio device. Can't figure out what I need to do to fix it. I've tried reinstalling the exension and restarting my computer, but with no success.
- (2020-04-22, v:0.2.2) tesfa wadawd: How to disable this extension on certain websites, or only have it run on certain ones.
AudioPick is causing trouble with 4chan X(another extension) even though i have audiopick set on chrome settings to only run on certain websites(youtube) it still does it stuff on the background, thus making my browser completely lag out after i open 5-6 webm's in 4chan. I was wondering if there is a way to hardblock it from completely doing anything in certain websites or only make it run on specified websites.
- (2020-04-20, v:0.2.2) Call Me Lion D: Switching output without switching another tab
The only way I can change the output is through System Preferences on my Mac. I thought AudioPick overrides this. I click on the extension and then click on my bluetooth speaker, but it doesn't change the output. Help!
- (2020-04-16, v:0.2.2) Jesse Lamas Calvillo: Why is the webcam accessed?
Hi, I'm getting notifications that Audiopick (0.2.2) is attempting to access my webcam when chrome starts up. I don't really understand why the webcam would need to be accessed. Thanks for the help in disabling.
- (2020-04-16, v:0.2.2) Roland Pada: unsyncronized audio
I noticed that after watching for a while no matter what i do, the audio becomes unsynced. When i switch back to default audio device it suddenly catches up to the video frame where the audio is supposed to be. Is there a known issue regarding this ?
- (2020-04-13, v:0.2.2) SilencePain: Not Working
The extension is no longer compatible
- (2020-04-12, v:0.2.2) Сергей Давыдов: Bug
It stopped working, I can not do without it, does not switch to another device, please fix it.
- (2020-04-12, v:0.2.2) ole kristian: hey
i dont get my audio divaces up
- (2020-04-11, v:0.2.2) Pierrie' Bezuidenhout: Changes remain even after uninstallation
Good day, I used the extension to split streaming of video and outputs, worked 10000% thanks a bunch, but after uninstallation of the extension the browser still plays through other outputs except for the default system selection. I have uninstalled chrome as well a few times, cleared and lost all data and no result. I am borderline considering reinstalling windows. I have activated the extension again and have to change the tab output everytime when watching content. Please advise.
- (2020-04-10, v:0.2.2) dougeju: Bugado
eu coloco para sair em outro local e continua saindo no meu headset