Extremely lightweight Chrome plugin to disable AV1 on YouTube and other sites.
Licensed under MIT License. Based on h264ify by erkserkserks which is also licensed under MIT License.
- (2021-01-31) pals spider: เปิด4k youtube ใช้cpuน้อยลงจริงๆ
- (2021-01-15) NAN ZHENG: GREAT!AV1 only work for later 2020 hardware,so,trun it OFF.
- (2020-11-29) Redstone Nguyễn - RedGreenBlue123: It's working!
- (2020-11-15) Davide P: Just perfect. I want to use accelerated video decoding but I don't have AV1 support.
- (2020-11-09) sadi porter: I just noticed that youtube has been forcing me to use AV1 this successfully disables av1 in the latest microsoft edge. Thanks for making this!
- (2020-06-23) Иван Дмитриев: AVC = H264, not AV1, its new generation codec without hardware acceleration yet.
- (2020-06-23) Dee English Lynx: AV1 is H264. It's bad for older machines. AV1 = H264 H264 + 60 FPS = Heaven for older machines. Technically, i have Intel Pentium Dual-Core Inside from 2010 (Laptop), and VP9 is hell for Intel Pentium Dual-Core Inside. Enchanced H264ify is good. Recommended by me
- (2020-04-07) Vinny: Solved CPU eating problem. This extension actually worked perfectly. AV1 + 60fps = hell for older machines.
- (2020-03-17) Flu x: It works: doesn't prohibit 4K or 60fps video streams like h264ify and decreases CPU use vs av01. For some reason the Chrome flag at chrome://flags/#enable-av1-decoder appears to have been removed or is missing for me and the setting "Prefer AV1 for SD" at https://www.youtube.com/account_playback under "AV1 settings" is not persistent and automatically reverts to "Auto (recommended)" after a few sessions. I had no other way to disable av01 in favour of vp09. Thank you.