Render LaTeX in Slack chat.
Renders LaTeX math formulas in Slack. Similar to the Chrome extension math-with-slackb, except this plugin uses the KaTeX library instead of MathJax for better compatibility with the latest version of Slack. Usage instructions: Mostly works like plain LaTeX, with the following exceptions. Inline math: \( .. \) $$ .. $$ Display math: \[ .. \] $$$ .. $$$ Asterisk: \\* Newline: \newline Blackboard bold letter shorthands: \R \N \Z Plugin by Sophie Huiberts and Bento Natura (2019). Licenced under the MIT licence. katex.js is taken straight from the KaTeX project, from the url [email protected]/dist/katex.js" rel="nofollow noopener">https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/[email protected]/dist/katex.js as indicated by https://katex.org/docs/browser.html auto-render.js is adapted from the KaTeX project: https://github.com/KaTeX/KaTeX/blob/master/contrib/auto-render/auto-render.js This plugin is not associated with the KaTeX project nor with Slack or Slack Technologies, Inc.
- (2020-10-28) Geoffrey Zhu: Great plugin. One problem is that the recipient will need to install this plugin, too.
- (2020-03-10) Jessica Sorrell: The LaTex in Slack extension is great, and makes it much easier to work with collaborators remotely!
- (2019-12-03) Milad Pourrahmani: Works great on Slack website
- (2020-11-23, v:0.4.3) Nicolas Boumal: Modifying auto-render.js to allow 'single dollar' latex
Great extension, thanks a lot! I'd like to allow for regular latex syntax ($..$ for non-display, $$...$$ for display). Following instructions here*, I modified auto-render.js to this effect (the part where optionsCopy.delimiters is defined), but it didn't have any effect. Should I make changes in other places? (Alternatively, if you'd be happy to make this an option in your own extension, that'd be fantastic of course.) Thanks! * https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16680682/how-to-modify-an-extension-from-the-chrome-web-store
- (2020-10-07, v:0.4.3) Ganesh Subramaniam: Guide to use latex in slack
Can you please show simple guides to use latex using this extension, I could not figure out how it works.
- (2020-07-16, v:0.4.3) Elis Roberts: Options for Changing Inline Math Signifier
Nice extension! Was wondering if you could add options to change the symbols denoting inline math from $$ .. $$ to $ .. $, and similar for display math? Would allow me to be consistent in channels with other users who use different solutions for displaying math in Slack.