Stops user selected websites from sending information to Google Analytics.
Analytics Blocker is inspired by & uses code from Google's Analytics Opt-out Add-on. This extension is more useful to developers as it enables them to block Analytics from recording their visits to websites they manage. It takes standard URLs with wildcards which is easier to write than regular expressions. If you're having problems with this extension, please let me know by using the "Need to report a problem?" link in the Reviews tab.
- (2020-07-05) Charles Hopkins: Doesn't work
- (2017-11-17) Guillaume Germain: Non fonctionnel, je vois toujours mes visites dans Google Analytics
- (2014-11-26) Steve Groeneweg: We did a test with another computer watching analytics and noticed we were still coming through. I agree with Arnauld. We are changing blockers.
- (2013-07-10) Chris Evans: Some of the time it picked up the sites as stated. Other times it just ignored the restriction and allowed the sites.
- (2012-11-12) Arnaud Kleinveld: Some of the traffic is still being reported. So it doesn't work.
- (2012-06-21) Sascha Wolff: It doesn´t work. You can still track your own movements via Google Analytics Realtime...
- (2012-03-10) breno salgado: This is perfect, thanks! the solution from google support site doesn't work and google's extensions for opting-out hurts the web and efforts from developers who use this sort of tool to aid them, since it opts-out google analytics for ANY WEBSITE... I know how much work I'm putting into make a tool to offer for free so I can't be so selfish to deny other persons some basic visits data for what I'm getting for free, and no one should too.
- (2012-02-01) Glenn Raya: This extension is very useful for web masters who don't want their own visits to be recorded in Google Analytics, so to make the analytics report more accurate.
- (2017-01-18, v:1.0.1) Guy Oron: Options don't save
I create add new sites to block in the options window, and save. But when I reopen the options window, those rows do still seem to exist but are now empty, and the extension does not seem to activeate when I go to those sites.
- (2016-04-05, v:1.0.1) Contato Elastos: Not working
I've selected both websites and nothing happened
- (2015-09-21, v:1.0.1) Matt Kelly: delete
dont want how to delete please
- (2015-02-18, v:1.0.1) Heads Up Ltd: Icon not showing in address bar
Hello, I've added the sites I want to block from analytics and the red icon isn't appearing in the address bar when I'm on that site. When I used it previously it did. Thanks
- (2014-11-06, v:1.0.1) Christos Oreinos: Cannot save web pages to be blocked from Analytics
I use the latest Chrome version (Nov. 6, 2014 | Version 38.0.2125.111 m) and I cannot save webpages to block the traffic from. Although I add the required URLs and then save them (in the options window of the Analytics Blocker extension), the relevant sites don't get blocked. Moreover, when I reopen the options of the extension, no webpage exists in the relevant text box, as if they were not properly saved during the configuration. Any help about that? Cheers, Chris