This extension actually implements xkcd #37. Yeah, for real.
- (2016-06-08) Terra Ashley: I use this semi-frequently for adding custom regex replacements, however: one of the default rules breaks google image search (fancy-apostrophe/quotes, I believe?). Also, *all* of the word-type related rules break (such as adding Oxford commas). as this is the only Oxford comma extension on chrome, that fact makes me quite sad. 3 stars because a) it breaks google image search, b) Oxford comma rule does not work.
- (2014-10-04) Michael Volling: This addon breaks google image search
- (2014-08-06) Conrad Yang: This extension breaks Google Image Search.
- (2013-12-30) Kevin Boss: Kills the DOM...needed 2 hours to figure out why my website wasn't working anymore.
- (2012-09-22) Anoji Rox: added xkcd #1031 too! sooo funny!
- (2012-07-27) Zach Hayes: I'm not a uber web developer, so I can't pinpoint the problem, but it appears (after systematically enabling/disabling all my extensions) that this addon makes it impossible for me to post status updates and comments on facebook. I even tried disabling the regex's one-by-one; no luck. I love how you're able to add your own regex's, BTW! It is a great addon in concept, and I really wanted it to work, but this problem is an addon-killer. I'll happily take this back if you can fix-it / figure out what I'm doing wrong.
- (2016-02-27, v:1.0.6) Riley Williams: Escaped Characters
Characters are escaped correctly with “\” on the “regular expression” side but not on the “replacement” side. As an example, “\u0041” is considered equivalent to “\\u0041” instead of to “A”.
- (2014-10-29, v:1.0.6) Egan D: Breaks Google image search
With this extension enabled, Google image search does not work. Sometimes it just doesn't load any images on the image search page. When it does load them, I cannot preview them. When I click the image, nothing happens. Using "open link in new tab" does not help. I have tried with and without this extension enabled, and I only have the problem with it enabled.
- (2014-01-12, v:1.0.6) Rob Gadeke: Some functions suddenly not working
The implementation of xkcd 37 has all of a sudden stopped working for me. When I got into the options menu for the extension, a couple of the codey looking bits are highlighted in red.
- (2013-11-08, v:1.0.6) Sam Spencer: 1288 Substitutions
You so need to implement xkcd 1288 too...
- (2013-08-28, v:1.0.6) Kuba Zmyj: the extension breaks Google's image search engine
when the extension is enabled, I can't open the preview of image in search engine, only dark grey background shows up
- (2013-08-23, v:1.0.6) Kuba Zmyj: Invalid function specified as replacement
this message pops up three times after launching the extension's options, and after adding or removing a rule.
- (2012-07-27, v:1.0.5) Zach Hayes: Seems to break facebook?
I'm not a uber web developer, so I can't pinpoint the problem, but it appears (after systematically enabling/disabling all my extensions) that this addon makes it impossible for me to post status updates and comments on facebook. I even tried disabling the regex's one-by-one; no luck. I love how you're able to add your own regex's, BTW! It is a great addon in concept, and I really wanted it to work, but this problem is an addon-killer. I'll happily take this back if you can fix-it / figure out what I'm doing wrong.