A Game of Thrones spoiler blocking plugin for your Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and Google News feeds.
Detects and blacks out any posts on Facebook or Reddit, tweets on Twitter, or stories on Google News that mention Game of Thrones or many other GoT-related terms, such as 'Winterfell' or 'Targaryen'. New feature! You can now automatically *hide* spoilers completely rather than black them out, helping fortify your mental internet sanctuary. :) Any blocked spoiler can be viewed by the brave of heart by clicking on the blacked-out area-- this will cause the post to be gradually unveiled, giving you about 3 more seconds to glance away! This project is now open-source! https://github.com/stu-blair/game-of-spoils This project in active development, so please share your feedback, feature requests, and any bugs found. Hope you enjoy, and do tread lightly, for the internet is dark and full of spoilers. New in v1.3.1 ~ Added support for blocking Reddit comments (previously it only blocked posts). Note that comments and posts on Game of Thrones-themed subreddits will not be affected, cuz that would be silly and block everything :) ~ Fixed support for Google News, Feedly, Buzzfeed ~ A few other minor improvements New in v1.3.0 ~ Fixed bug that broke support for Facebook. ~ Added new feature for completely *hiding* spoilers rather than blocking them with black boxes. This way, you can be blissfully unaware that those spoilers were there at all! New in v1.2.2 ~ 'Trending topics' in Facebook and 'Trends' in Twitter will now get blocked ~ Spoil-blocking support for Google Plus, Youtube, Gizmodo, Buzzfeed, and Tumblr added New in v1.2 ~ You can now add your own custom phrases to block! ~ Support for feedly.com New in v1.1.3 ~ Support for *.slack.com ~ Blocking 28 new actor names ~ Twitter bug fixed by the project's first open-source contributor! New features for version 1.0 ! ~ Quick toggle whether blocking is enabled ~ Toggle whether you want to see the specific phrase that was blocked ~ Support for the AV Club (avclub.com) added ~ Support for news.google.co.uk and news.google.co.in added
- (2019-05-20) Nina Bauge: Simply dont work. Seems the phrases I add only makes the spoilers I see more specific. As if it was a whitelist, rather than a blacklist.
- (2019-05-16) Marina G. A.: No filtra nada... supongo que puede ser porque esté en inglés, pero ni publicaciones que contienen "spoiler" or "got" me marca...
- (2019-05-06) Loky Saint: It doesn't block any spoilers or mentions on youtube.
- (2019-04-29) Åsmund Skjeldal Waage: Works but only after i have already seen it
- (2019-04-29) Adil Miyan Imran: thanks for the great work !
- (2019-04-22) John Mickus: Totally works...and has funny GoT-themed phrases to show the content was blocked. Exactly what I needed...thank you!
- (2019-04-21) Luiz R: Doesn't work.
- (2019-04-16) matheus britto: Eu amo essa extensão!
- (2019-04-14) Admiral Awesome: W związku z tym, że rozpoczął się nowy sezon, rozszerzenie jest obowiązkowe.
- (2019-04-14) Cian Murphy: was good but doesn't work anymore
- (2019-03-16) Never give up: Why its not working on youtube . There has so many videos on youtube that reveals secrets . You should code for it .
- (2019-03-01) Dirkjan Schneider: Doesn't seem to do anything. No errors in the console either.
- (2017-09-05) Razelluxe: Works sometimes, recently stopped functioning on Facebook and Youtube.
- (2017-09-03) Алексей Бузилов: It's a very useful extension. You can block some other phrases too. But YT now has a new design, so GameOfSpoils needs an update too.
- (2017-08-29) Jordan Fussell: Was waiting till the whole season was out before watching. This helped a bunch to keep spoilers at bay, though I still managed to get hit by a few when I was on my phone or on Imgur but great extension nonetheless. Will use again for next season.
- (2017-08-28) David Cantrell: This is great but it MUST BLOCK /R/FREEFOLK ENTIRELY. So many spoilers make it to the reddit front page that it is ruining the suspense for those of us who have yet to finish the season! :( If we could modify the settings ourselves it would be easier to customize for situations like this.
- (2017-08-24) Arnold: Not working on new youtube UI
- (2017-08-18) Ilan Schemoul: Please for god sake make it case sensitive. The word GoT is very very commonly used but by blocking GoT you're blocking all got, gotcha etc. Why is it that it's not that hard to make SPECIFICALLY GoT case sensitive. I mean by default JS is case sensitive...
- (2017-08-18) Victor Da Silva: I LOVE YOU
- (2017-08-14) Jayson Stephenson: Been needing something like this for awhile, Thank You! Side note: Would like to see this work on YouTube because it does not for me, it could just be because I have the new UI layout also.
- (2017-08-10) Christiano Rennó: Not working on facebook anymore
- (2017-08-08) Sappho Culloden: I love the idea but it's a bit patchy. For some reason, for example, today it says it's blocked 12 references to Game of Thrones but I keep stumbling across spoilers on Facebook and it isn't doing anything to hide them.
- (2017-08-08) Mwani: It blocks stuff some times, but doesn't block others. And it takes a second to load up so you might see a spoiler before it decides to cover it.
- (2017-08-04) guilhermedrsa: WhatsApp Web support?? :D And how could I delete the YouTube filter?
- (2017-07-30) Bishoy Yousef: Love it.
- (2019-05-06, v:1.3.3) 7yphon: adding sites
Hi I would like to know how to add URL's to the checker? as I visit .com.au sites
- (2017-11-03, v:1.3.3) David Li: reddit filter blocks usernames too
One of my filter is "arya". Unfortunately on reddit, it blocks usernames containing "arya". For example:xxxlarYarmuxxx
- (2017-09-04, v:1.3.3) milano140: not blocking spoilers
hi, reinstalled this extension on chrome, and it doesnt seem to be blocking phrases like it used to, any help please? thanks
- (2017-09-03, v:1.3.3) Алексей Бузилов: Update
Ofc you know that YT has a new design. I'd be glad to use updated version of your extension cause these spoilers are irritating...
- (2017-08-28, v:1.3.3) Sören Müller: 9GAG
Works great on Facebook, but it needs to work on 9GAG!
- (2017-08-27, v:1.3.3) Samantha Wolf: Not working?
After testing this on Google search results, Reddit, and Facebook -the places most likely to spoil the show- the extension icon shows that 9 spoilers have been blocked but isn't actually blocking anything. None of the additional words I've entered are being picked up by the extension either. With the season finale tonight this is a pretty critical time for this to be working! :)
- (2017-08-21, v:1.3.3) Sophie Morrison: YouTube no longer being blocked
Hi! I think a possible UI change for YouTube has caused the extension to not work on the new site. A fix would be epic :)
- (2017-08-21, v:1.3.3) Dan Smitheram: Only Works On FB
Currently this extension only works on facebook for me. Great work btw.
- (2017-08-17, v:1.3.3) Pierre Goyon: Smartphone
Je viens d'intasller l'application sur mon ordinateur y'aurait il version pour smartphone de disponible également?
- (2017-08-12, v:1.3.3) Dabbous: Facebook issue
Thanks for the awesome and speedy support! tried the the new version (1.3.3) and sadly still the same issue on Facebook only. I'll keep you updated if anything changes. Thanks again