A minimal scrollbar that gets out of your way.
This plugin replaces the standard scrollbar with a more modern, skinnier, and less interfering one. This is modeled after the scrollbars used by Google in many of their services. Explanation of "all data on all websites": For the extension to apply a scrollbar to any site, it must have the ability to modify the css for the current page. This means that "all websites" are injected with the appropriate styles. Release 0.1.8 9/25/13: Named changed back to "Better Scrollbar." Release 0.1.7 9/22/13: Redesigned slightly, renamed to "Minimal Scrollbar." New icons, slightly more visible. Release 0.1.6 1/31/13: Fixed issues with black background on some websites. Colors darkened slightly for users with difficulty seeing the scrollbar on their monitors. Release 0.1.4, 7/25/12: Scrollbars now look the same across horizontal and vertical pages.
- (2019-01-16) I like this scroll bar, but it now shows up on youtube videos...since I watch a lot of those i've decided to disable the extension. Please fix that little issue and it'll be much better!
- (2018-12-02) DamMan: Don't know how exactly this changes the default scrollbar. It simply smaller but is still white on white.
- (2017-12-04) Stefan Graf: Would love an option to change to a darker color. Have 2 choices light/dark.
- (2017-05-06) Jsp 193: Deberian poner tambien la funcion de quitarlas ya que para eso tenemos la rueda del mouse, y se ven bastante mal a pantalla completa
- (2016-09-09) Arun Prakash Jana: Nice one!!! It doesn't even consume any runtime memory as an app.
- (2016-08-25) Ed M: Need to be bigger and have more colors
- (2016-04-26) Boop Dog: This is a great extension! (Only 2016 comment .-.)
- (2016-03-10) Pneumatic Joe: Make it auto-hide. Show up when: - hover over it - or when scrolling with mouse wheel. Otherwise it's almost pointless. Sorry. +1 star for head-start ;)
- (2016-02-04) Александр Дружинин: Есть нативная альтернатива в экспериментальных функциях chrome! Наложение полос прокрутки chrome://flags/#overlay-scrollbars
- (2015-09-23) Ихтиандр Вайс: Действительно, один из лучших скроллбаров.
- (2015-01-28) Костя Гуляев: вирус
- (2014-07-23) Rusty Ford: Nothing special here. I looks and acts the same as the original.
- (2014-07-01) Scar A: Wonderful addon, does exactly everything the description suggests. However, I(and many) would like to see the two "up" and "down" arrows which are missing and an option to enable the scroll bar to stretch to a bigger size when hovered over.
- (2014-03-17) Noah Huppert: Looks great, I use it every day
- (2014-03-09) Donald Crocker, Jr.: the grey on white scrollbar this offers is much easier for me to see than the standard light grey on lighter grey
- (2014-02-17) Paulo Monteiro: can u please add an option to make it darker? thanks
- (2014-02-13) Zero Cool: This is not a better scroll bar. It's just a smaller scroll bar. The color still makes it almost invisible.
- (2013-12-10) Deved Smith: How do you change the settings?
- (2013-12-10) Consider changing the style (or give to option) to the one found right here where I write this review. It has rounded edges. Hovering gives a nice and simple 3d effect.
- (2013-10-22) it seem's good.
- (2013-09-29) lyra messier: I have searched for this for hours. Days. Weeks. Months. FINALLY!
- (2013-07-20) 不知道用来干什么的。
- (2013-07-05) Trevor Hamilton: Just like the one used on the Google sites and just what I was looking for. It could using being a little darker but other than that perfect
- (2013-05-18) Michael De: Way better than the default scrollbars, at least on linux. I also tried the Thin Scroll Bar extension but it's unusuable for me since they're too thin. Nice extension here--looks good and usable.
- (2013-03-25) Very nice scrollbar, but I think we should have the option to make it darker if we want to. It is very hard to find sometimes when I'm scrolling through websites.
- (2019-05-29, v:0.1.8) patrick albano: Black please
add option for color. Hard too see the bar as colors r too similar
- (2018-01-06, v:0.1.8) can't remove
the app doesn't do what i wanted, but now I can't get rid of it
- (2017-09-26, v:0.1.8) Dragosh Petrake: Offer
Hi Cool extension :) I'm ready to buy your extension. If you are interested my offer, write to me by e-mail: [email protected]
- (2017-04-03, v:0.1.8) Irina Svetlowa: Extension buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Better Scrollbar". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2015-10-10, v:0.1.8) Евгений Подовинников: What about partnership?
Hello! I would like to talk with you about the possibility of acquiring your extensions. Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2015-07-18, v:0.1.8) freddy fazbear: Sorry, but
your Extension is being useless, Google has already made a flag for the new and better scrollbar that is better here chrome://flags/#overlay-scrollbars
- (2014-01-18, v:0.1.8) Nisa Nisafer: scrollbar arrows
I still dont see the horizontal arrows on every page I use even though I have downloaded your app.
- (2014-01-16, v:0.1.8) Daniela Gabriel: scrollbar too small
how do I change it back?
- (2013-12-10, v:0.1.8) Deved Smith: Editing
How do you change the settings?
- (2013-12-10, v:0.1.8) Scrollbar style
Consider changing the style (or give to option) to the one found in the google webstore. It has rounded edges. Hovering gives a nice and simple 3d effect. Otherwise consider giving the user the option to change the style of the bar. You could start with round edges and color for bar and background. Best, MJ