web.archive.org unofficial WaybackMachine extension
With a click of a mouse, the extension uses web.archive.org's internet archiving Wayback Machine to view the current website you're on in the year and month you specify. If the website you're viewing wasn't crawled by the machine at the specified month or year, it takes you to the nearest crawled version and opens it in a new tab.
- (2018-04-19) Can Miawcan: geçmişe dönmek için ideal.
- (2017-09-12) Roman Lukš: does not show the exact page only the main domain
- (2016-10-01) Sviataslav Yanovich: loses part of url
- (2016-08-21) Peter Affen: it doesnt take into account the full URL
- (2016-04-29) doesnt work very well, discards all but the domain of the url
- (2015-09-15) Robert Claypool: Doesn't work. Clicked on the icon, nothing happens.
- (2014-05-12) Ahmed Abou Ouf: Very handy extension. Thanks Mohammad.
- (2013-10-12) ashwin janardan: c'mon you kindergarten kid....how more easier do you want it..... you just have to add the widget on your browser
- (2013-10-11) caue rego: too complicated. I rather go to the URL and go from there.
- (2019-05-10, v:1.1) teresa mitchell: LINKS-APPS-HTTP I CANT GET TO LINKS,I TRY TO GET SOME APPS,FIND OUT ITS ALREADY ON I CANT FIND THEM,HACKER PROBLEM
PLEASE HELP ME
- (2019-05-10, v:1.1) teresa mitchell: I CAMT GET-WAY BACK MACHINE SOMEONE IS ON MY COMPUTER WITHOUT MY PERMISSION PLEASE HELY
IVE BEEN HACKED
- (2017-01-12, v:1.1) Mark Graham: Could you please contact me?
Hi Mohammad, Could you please contact me? Thanks, - Mark Graham, Director, The Wayback Machine, Internet Archive, [email protected] (917) 697-0110
- (2017-01-06, v:1.1) Sean Ackley: Needs to intelligently parse URI and last saved page.
web.archive.org offers an API which will intelligently tell you what the last page saved for this particular URI. When I currently click on the tool it always choose July 2006 for some reason. It would be great to simply click on the tool and have it choose the last saved page in the archive, and then offer the pulldown for the other saved pages, which is also available through the API. The second thing is the URI is never preserved, which doesn't make sense, because the web.archive.org API allows you to choose the exact page you are on and find it within the archive. Those 2 things would make this a very amazing tool. Thanks so much.
- (2016-09-21, v:1.1) d b: Open link with Wayback Machine
Hello I would like a feature "Open this link with Wayback Machine" that doesn't require me to first load a page and then look at the cached version. Would that be possible to add?
- (2016-06-16, v:1.1) Ali Jahanian: need your help
Hi Mohammad Hussein, I'm a researcher and need your help on scraping the Wayback. Can you please contact me: [email protected] Thanks, Ali