DM Screen Extension for D&D Beyond. This extension extends the campaign page to turn it into a DM screen.
This extension extends the D&D Beyond's campaign page to turn it into a DM screen. In the campaign page of D&D Beyond and it will add for each characters their stats such as: - AC - HP - Initiative bonus - Saving throws - Passive checks
- (2021-01-17) mattkeflowers: Generally I like it. Definitely better than my quick cheat sheet excel file and easier to manage. Really helps solve a major flipping back and forth problem I've had. As far as intended functions, for some reason 1 of my characters is not loading details on the main page and does not appear on the character pop out screen at all. Character: https://www.dndbeyond.com/profile/IamE10/characters/17614987 Campaign: https://www.dndbeyond.com/campaigns/663451 Beyond that technical issue I had one thought for a future functionality: is there a way, perhaps at the bottom of the pop-up or as a bonus button along the top of the page, to have quick links to the rule summaries often referenced on a standard DM screen? (conditions, common item costs, exhaustion, DC/damage tables). Obviously a lot of information, so I figure quick links to those areas in the PHB/DMG are better than full displays, but either works.
- (2020-11-15) Darryl Kechnie: Like many others have noted, it doesn't calculate the AC correctly for the players in my campaign, but unlike the others, the discrepancy appears random. Sometimes it's higher by 1, sometimes it's lower by 2. I can't find a pattern. Squash this bug and it's on its way to 5 stars. To get it there, it would be amazing if it also showed spell slots for characters so I can keep track of who's got what left.
- (2020-09-22) Isaac VanHaverbeke: I really like having this for quickly seeing things like passives, HP/AC, saving throws, and spell save DCs. I've not had the issue with armor reading incorrectly, so perfect marks from me. This is one of those things that should have been in DnD Beyond from the beginning.
- (2020-09-10) Guilherme Haenisch: I dont know if its just for me, but the extension is not working at all....
- (2020-08-27) Bowie Sessions: While imperfect, I love this thing and it helps me run the game so much. Several stats are often wrong: -AC (often way too high) -Speed (feats don't seem to be caught to increase this) -Saves (often don't count items/class bonuses) -HP (too low; I think it doesn't factor some stuff...) But considering I can at-a-glance see save DCs, have a ~rough idea of HP and saves, see Passive Skills, see vision types, and Initiative, makes this pretty great. I use it every session to great success -- I just hope it eventually reflects all data correctly.
- (2020-08-01) Richard Abfalter: So I love everything about this extension but it just seems to have issues with homebrew stuff and even official magic items. But it helps me look at the ballpark.
- (2020-07-19) Alexander Pfleging: Similar issues to others. Great extension idea, but the AC doesn't calculate correctly. Will change to 5 stars if that gets fixed.
- (2020-07-13) Cistern: Just used this for the first time tonight. It has most of what I need, although the proper AC for some characters in my campaign are usually displaying with a +10, so a 14 appears as a 24. This doesn't happen for all characters and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. Refreshing the page sometimes helps, but the problem pops up enough to make it more than annoying. I really want this this work, since it would seriously cut down on my need to reference everyone's sheet so frequently. I'm hoping you can squash this bug asap. Good luck and continued success.
- (2020-07-02) Joshua Moreland: Great extension. One issue I've noticed is it sometimes shows the AC 10 higher than it should be. For example, my character Midgar (https://ddb.ac/characters/31112713/L4PPcv) shows as having 29 AC, which is sadly not the case lol
- (2020-04-11) iwan jones: makes keeping track of important info easier without having to jump between character sheeets
- (2020-04-06) Cody Perschbacher: Good extension but it needs some fixing up. It doesn't seem to pick up feats at all. If a character has Alert it doesn't add to their initiative on the campaign screen. It also doesn't pick up expertise gained from the prodigy skill if the chosen skill is on with a passive score (Perception, Insight, Investigation), nor does it add the bonus from feats like observant that adds 5 to the passive scores or modifiers to AC made from spells and other effects, though it does recognize changes to maximum HP. It's a decent tool for a quick glance at things. If they fix the minor problems that there now it would be very useful.
- (2020-03-31) Rick Francis: Impressive Tool. Thanks for your hard work on this! This will make Any DM's Job easier!
- (2020-02-03) Taylor Birdwell: Very useful but no way to manually adjust AC and skill modifiers to compensate for magic items or homebrew feats.
- (2020-01-27) Charles Miller: It's a good idea, but has many bugs. For example Armor Class is often off, if for example your mage adds mage armor to their AC, or the monk's unarmored defense.
- (2021-03-13, v:1.2.2) Dave Folmsbee: Tortle Armor Class
One of my players is a Tortle Monk, and this extension is showing his AC as five higher than it actually is. Is there a way to correct this?
- (2021-02-04, v:1.2.2) Byron Kern: Passives display incorrectly
One of the characters has a ring that grants +1 on ability checks while worn. It shows up correctly on the character sheer, but not on the DM screen
- (2020-12-27, v:1.2.2) Sam Hutton: Is there a github directory I can contribute to?
Hi, I've been using this extension for a while now and it's been extremely helpful, so thank you for that. I've noticed a few people have mentioned the bug where heavy armor characters are incorrectly having their dex modifier added to their AC. I was wondering if you have a github directory or equivalent that I might be able to submit a pull request to address this issue. Thanks!
- (2020-11-05, v:1.2.2) Scott Glascock: Speed not Updating
Hi! Love the extension!! When a character's movement speed is changed due to equipment, the speed is not changed. I have a character wearing heavy armor that causes his speed to be 20 instead of 30, but the DM Screen still shows 30. Thanks!
- (2020-07-14, v:1.2.1) joycel lagarza: Issue with AC on the extension when wearing armor
Player character with armor are showing the incorrect AC. In my campaign my ac is 16 but on the extension it shows it as 26. I believe it is a bug with the how it reads the property for armor because once I remove the armor from my char the ext is correctt
- (2020-06-22, v:1.2.0) Rick Francis: The plugin no longer displays any info.
I am wondering if this is tied to the newly revamped back-end to the character sheets that DNDbeyond did a little while ago. The window opens up and when you click on the gear the Links are visible - but nothing is displayed.
- (2020-06-22, v:1.1.16) Thuyduong Le: DM Screen blank
DM screen opens but is blacked out/blank screen. Nothing is shown.
- (2020-06-18, v:1.1.16) Andrew Searles: D&D Beyond Staff Request to Talk
Hello ashdevfr, I'm Andrew Searles (Ammja) and I'm the Product Manager at D&D Beyond. I'd love to chat sometime about this chrome extension that you've built. Here's a link to my calendar. You can use it to schedule some time during my office hours to chat. https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UUpBVWZMNnZBeGRFfGRlZmF1bHR8NjkxYTY1Y2VmYzdkODU0YWQ4ODI4N2M0Njc1OTBmOTc Thanks Andrew Searles
- (2020-06-18, v:1.1.16) Bowie Sessions: New API Endpoint
Hi, can you rework this to allow "add character links" to include https://character-service.dndbeyond.com/character/v3/character/#/ as a valid link structure?
- (2020-06-13, v:1.1.16) Rob DeMay: Broke?
Seems like a change in DND Beyond has broke the mod.
- (2020-06-10, v:1.1.16) wonderflonium164: Extension pulls no Character Data
The app is enabled and has been working fine for the last two weeks. However, today I noticed that it can't pull character data anymore. The campaign page doesn't adjust to show me stats, and the pop-out screen has no data. The pop-out screen still shows character links as though it found a JSON element for the characters, but it doesn't parse the data at all. That or the JSON object is blank and there's nothing to be parsed. As I said, it worked fine for several weeks, and only today has it given me problems.
- (2020-05-15, v:1.1.16) Andrew Hoose: I love this, but I get "Access to this page is denied"
When I click any link in D&D Beyond while the screen is up, I get "Access to this page is denied" and have to verify that I'm human. This only occurs while the extension is active and the screen is up.
- (2020-04-15, v:1.1.11) Keith Becker: Can you make this for Firefox?
i was wondering if there was a way you could port this for firefox?
- (2020-03-31, v:1.1.6) Rick Francis: Some stats not matching.
Some of the stats on some of my characters in my campaign do not match what is showing on the Character sheet in DnDBeyond. For instnace. The level 5 Ranger shows +4 init on screen but he is actually +7. I think the screen is calculating Stats but not taking in to account some of the buffs that the character sheet counts. If it was just reading stats from the sheet it should match.
- (2020-03-31, v:1.1.6) Shawn Dibble: Tortle AC incorrect
For tortle races, the AC shows incorrectly. Tortles have a natural AC of 17. However the DM screen shows 14.
- (2020-03-23, v:1.1.6) AC not calculating correctly
The AC doesn't Add misc ac for warforge Integrated defense feat and barbarian unarmored master feat.
- (2020-02-24, v:1.1.6) Jonny Paez: Click Through to Character Sheets
It'd be incredibly useful if, on the standalone popup, you could have the ability to click through to the character sheet of each PC as needed. For example, if you ever want to pull up a particular PC's resistances, you could simply click on their name or portrait and be redirected to their character sheet directly.
- (2019-12-30, v:1.1.6) M Halnon: Great idea but a few gaps
My paladin is AC 21 thanks to plate+ shield + a cloak of protection, but DM Screen still shows 20 (even though Beyond correctly shows 21). For most magic items, DM Screen fails to adjust AC, Saves, initiative bonus etc though Beyond has the correct numbers.