A Chrome extension to assist with downloading multiple files from a Plex server
Browse to any album (music, photos, movie collection or tv season) and click the extention icon and then download to start downloading the whole album. Downloading only the selected files is currently only possible for music albums. If you want to do the same for photos one workaround is to add the selected photos to a new (temporary) album and then download that. Patchnotes: - v1.1 Changed file name of TV Episodes to format 'Series name - SxxExx - episode name.format' - v1.0 First official release. - v0.9 Fixed download of photo albums. - v0.8 The extension now matches host "app.plex.tv" and path "/web/index.html" to try and not be in your face on pages that have nothing to do with Plex. - v0.7 Added path match "desktop" because the host app.plex.tv isn't using the same path as the self hosted version. - v0.6 The downloads are now queued in a background script so they will continue even if the active tab is changed. Also rewriting file/pathnames to not conflict with Windows path restrictions. - v0.5 The Extension is now restricted to tabs with the path "web/index.html" so it won't be in your face all the time. - v0.4 Added support for libraries that were shared with you. - v0.3 Fixed download link so it will also download pictures not just music. - v0.2 Fixed broken manifest.json - v0.1 First version.
- (2020-12-03) Carl K: My wife and I each have our own Plex account. She will frequently make photo albums of family photos in Plex. In the past, I had no way to download the files put into an album except to manually open my account in one window, her account in another window, find the filename from her album in Plex, download it with my account one photo at a time. Sound confusing? It was and HORRIBLY time consuming! She even had an album with 100 photos in it once. It took FOREVER! With this new plugin I can easily download ALL her photos in 1 click. This is a huge lifesaver for me. Thanks so much!
- (2020-11-11) Ben Rollins: Every year at this time I always run into the same frustrations when we begin to create a photo book for Christmas presents, I then always happen to stumble onto the same plex forum topic and then am reminded that Plex doesn't have the ability of bulk downloading the album that my wife had already painstakingly created throughout the year of the pics that she wants. This year I noticed that Bermos created this extension and it is a life saver! Only took me 2 minutes to download the entire library my wife made to the pc, and then just a few clicks to upload them all to the photo service. Bravo, and thank you!
- (2020-07-26) A White: Doesn't work for me. I logged in on https://plex.tv and I keep getting this error: Error while fetching album contents. Reopen this popup to try again.
- (2020-07-12) Luis Panzano: Great extension! Thank you for developing this jewel
- (2020-07-12) Eric Hamby: Not sure i would call it a bulk downloaded as you still have to download every file independently... but i guess its a cool little app.
- (2020-04-12) Marko Jaaksaar: Works as promised. Good job!
- (2020-03-22) Arturo Pérez Mulas: Working great to download all files in a "page"... but the "Download selected" option, which is pretty useful if the download stops for whatever reason, is grayed out... :(
- (2019-12-04) Ivan Horváth: It's not working, the download buttons are grey: Getting server info...
- (2019-10-29) Griff Roberts: Great little extension. If I could request additional functionality it would be to: -Provide the option to take further metadata from the Plex download to the filensame. e.g. currenlty TV servies download in to a 'Show Name'/'Season'/'Episode Name' format, but it would be great if we could add a Season&Episode (e.g. S01E01) section to the filename -The 'download selected' option doesn't seem to work properly -The ability to automatically select a download destination depending on type .e.g. Music to the music folder, TV to the TV folder etc.
- (2019-09-10) Avner Silberman: Works as advertised! Thanks for building this.
- (2019-07-09) Simon Chester: What a life saver! Currently the only way (I've found) to export 'favourite' photos or photo albums from Plex. The repetitive save dialog (you have to click 'save' for every image) is a shame, but it's better than nothing, and easily fixed just by hitting the enter key over and over. The fact that it automatically creates a save folder with the playlist name is a really handy feature, too!
- (2019-05-23) Philip Eisenlohr: Tremendously helpful to work around a glaring gap in the Photo functionality of Plex Media Server (which otherwise is a rock solid piece of software). There seems to be a bug in the 0.9.1 version with ignoring selections of photos—only "all" can be downloaded with this extension.
- (2020-12-04, v:1.1.0) Olandrio Companero: Does it support insecure connections over app.plex.tv
Maybe the following could be the reason for "buttons greyed out"-scenario?: Should it work also if the connection is done unsecurly - which has an effect on the URL pattern. Example: http://app.plex.tv/desktop?secure=0#!/server/5640006201134e43e6eaf9620cc957d4d279c4d0/album?key=%2Fplaylists%2F278&context=library%3Acontent.playlists.photo
- (2020-12-04, v:1.1.0) Olandrio Companero: Should still be able to work?
Hi, first thank you very much for the effort you have already put into this extension. It is a great idea and necessity to have this. I can't imagine why this kind of bulk downloading is not an option within Plex itself. Regarding my question: Should this extension still work? I just tried to use it, unfortunately without success. I can't come over the "all buttons are greyed out"-scenario. If it should work, what is actually happening at the point it says "fetching server information"? I can remember using it about one year ago, sucessfully. Nothing really changed in my setup. Therefore I am out of ideas what could be wrong. I also followed the hints regarding using plex.tv>>Launch, and check the URL pattern. That looks fine. Thank you already for your answer. Best regards, Oliver
- (2020-11-16, v:1.1.0) Scott Monroe: Download sometimes stops before all tracks in an album are downloaded
When I open an album on Plex and individually select every track in the album for download, then click on the Download All button, sometimes the download works, sometimes it stops before downloading all the tracks.
- (2020-11-09, v:1.1.0) The Great walt: movies
even when trying the plex.tv site it is possible to download series in bulk and not selected but for the movies there is no possible way and it just shows "Error while fetching album contents. Reopen this popup to try again." please help with this issue
- (2020-08-16, v:1.1.0) RV With The Tanners: Is this only for albums?
I tried to download a TV series, but only the 1st episode was downloaded.
- (2020-01-29, v:1.1.0) Fred: Download buttons grayed-out
Hi Bermos - same problem, get a "Getting server info... Download All | Download Selected | Cancel" popup, the "Download All", "Download Selected" and "Cancel" buttons are disabled. I sign in using public Plex URL: https://plex.tv, launch my desktop and open a photo album. The server is on the same PC as my web app. Appreciate any help.
- (2020-01-18, v:1.1.0) Simon Chester: Work around Tidal items in music playlists?
I use this extension to easily download items in music playlists for use in other software. However, I have a few playlists that contain tracks from Tidal. When the downloader comes across these, it just passes an HTML file (that in itself is fine), but then doesn't move on to the next track. Is there a way you can make the downloader continue to work after downloading the Tidal HTML "track" or - better yet - make it skip over Tidal songs in playlists all together? Many thanks.
- (2019-12-27, v:0.9.2) Courtney Johnson: THe common error of grayed out buttons
Hi, I am seeking clarification on your advice since my buttons are grayed out. I type in plex.tv in the URL bar and hit Launch. I go to the library and folder I want to download. The Plex downloader extension is colored. I click on it and the buttons appear but are grayed out "getting server info...". What part of this sequence is incorrect? I am remotely located from the server if that makes a difference.
- (2019-10-16, v:0.9.1) Matt Quyen: Playlist Downloader
Your app works great when downloading albums...but I am unable to download selected files. Also another great feature would be if we could download playlist.
- (2019-10-06, v:0.9.1) Big T: Help, seems not to work.
Seems not to work. Got only a "Getting server info... Download All | Download Selected | Cancel" Popup, the "Download All", "Download Selected" and "Cancel" buttons are disabled, and the first line isn't changing. Does it works only if I have a Plex account? Which information is needed? Greetings
- (2019-07-28, v:0.9.1) Adam Thiriot: Doesn't seem to work...
I have selected one photo, multiple photos, one album, and multiple albums. When I then go and click on the chrome extension it comes up with three options, "Download All", "Download Selected" and "Cancel". I am not able to click on any of these as they are shaded as if they are not usable for some reason. The reason I believe is that above these buttons - in each of the scenarios I mentioned before - it says "Requesting album info from server...". Is this an issue on my end or on the extension itself? I tried to no avail on a windows machine and mac machine just to make sure... I'm not much of a programmer so I don't know if that would make a difference or not.
- (2019-06-21, v:0.9.1) Larson Carter: How to use
How do you use this extension?