Google Music includes auto-generated Instant Mix/Radio Station playlists that cannot be removed.
Google Music includes auto-generated Instant Mix/Radio Station playlists that cannot be removed. There are also other cards mixed in with the albums such as suggested albums and user playlists. The user should be able to pick and choose which types of cards are displayed. The I'm Feeling Lucky button can also be turned off. The settings page now includes a set of checkboxes to customize what the user should see. These settings are synced across chrome installations if you are logged into chrome. There is also a setting to force all the albums to be resized to a uniformly small size instead of being mixed between large and small.
- (2016-09-06) Werner Martin Eggers: Thank you very much :)
- (2016-08-05) Jiri Kanicky: I love this. I don't understand why Google puts all the useless crap around. The UI should be fast and functional as this extension does.
- (2016-07-19) S D: No longer working.
- (2016-03-03) Josh Resch: It doesn't work for removing the Radio features. But this does: Google Play - Help Forum: Option to disable Google Play Music radio features. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/play/_llFeqP9sJY
- (2016-01-30) Jonathan Vaughn: Abandoned and broken. See Play Midnight chrome extension for radio station hiding options and much more.
- (2016-01-30) Dave Wulf: NOT WORKS!
- (2016-01-25) Chris Keller: This no longer works. Google caught on and changed their code. Google You SUCK! I want this Radio crap gone! I've tried it and the suggested music just plain sucks, makes my ears hurt!!!
- (2015-11-08) Todd Derr: Gets rid of a lot of clutter so I can see more of what I want on the screen. This is especially great if you upload all your own music.
- (2015-10-23) Eric Senske: It suddenly stopped working today after weeks of working
- (2015-09-30) Cary Y: Thank you so much for this extension! Makes Google Music usable.
- (2015-08-29) Déconfiture En canne: God,does it feel good to have a nice clean page.
- (2015-07-30) Does what it says.
- (2015-07-20) Sergio Porres: Thank you for this extension. I only found out about it when I was Googling to a) find a way to turn that stuff off, or b) find a replacement for Google music.
- (2015-07-17) Drew Bailey: Exactly what I was looking for. I love Google Music, but I hate it's recommendations.
- (2015-07-11) Ryan Geffken: Massive thanks for de-cluttering all the tripe google recently puked up onto the music page. If I wanted to listen to radio I wouldn't be using a service that stores MY music.
- (2015-07-08) andrew mcquinn: Fixes what Google recently ruined.
- (2015-03-29) Very useful and much appreciated. Google Music somehow didn't realize that many of us think of those instant mixes and huge boxes as intrusive and spammy. Thanks for doing this :)
- (2015-01-06) Jon: Genius. This is a great Chrome extension that removes those annoying 'Instant Mixes' and 'Feeling Lucky' Google offerings. I can choose what music to listen to again!
- (2014-11-17) Austin H: Awesome, these annoying instant mixes are finally gone. 5/5
- (2014-09-28) James Schoen: It works perfectly, exactly as advertised. I appreciate not having the instant mixes pushed into my face, especially when one can easily create instant mixes if they wish it. As well, having all the albums listed at the same size is, for me, more aesthetically pleasing.
- (2014-08-18) user: Does exactly what it says! Such a great little extension, although it doesnt seem to work for mobile devices. I would happily pay money for this thing - I hate how google has such limitted settings on Google Music! They should never be able to add music to anyines account without expressed eprmission first! If it wasnt for the limitted Nexus 4 storage i would simply store everything on my phone like the good old days!
- (2014-06-19) People, you have to give the developer time to fix stuff if there's a problem. Whenever something is broken with this extension it's because Google has changed something. It's usually fixed within a day or two. Leaving negative reviews immediately when there's a problem helps nobody. Contact the developer if you're having issues.
- (2014-06-19) Nicholas Price: Doesn't appear to work. No changes in the Music settings after a browser reboot.
- (2014-06-18) Robert Dean: No longer working.
- (2014-05-07) Ability to turn off auto-instant mix. You just made my year!!!! Thank you!
- (2018-12-20, v:1.6.2) Google Play Settings
No checkboxes on Settings page
- (2016-08-15, v:1.6.2) Extguru 9: Partnership Offer
Hello! I represent the company EXT.GURU. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension "Clean Up Google Music [De-Instant Mix/Radio]" can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our automatic service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. Our system optimizes traffic from around the world. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request during one hour at a convenient system to you. We would also like to note that our system does not interfere with other systems of monetization, you can plug in our program as an additional method to generate an income. If you have any other extensions, we can discuss. We look forward to collaborating. Sincerely EXT.GURU team. Contacts ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Skype: extguru [email protected] email: [email protected]
- (2016-05-24, v:1.6.2) Instatradioplay
please how do i delete
- (2016-01-21, v:1.6.2) A. Otto: Back to the Horrid Default
My listen now is back to play something for... at the top of the screen, recent activity under it followed by the i'm feeling lucky when we all know we're not section. I also can't find the settings anymore. Is it me or has something drastically changed?
- (2015-07-08, v:1.6.1) Does this app work?
I love the idea, but I don't see the settings available. Sigh.
- (2015-06-25, v:1.6) Mike Meyer: Still not working
Well, it's been over a month since it was reported that an update broke this, and it's apparently still broken. The spam is still there, and there's no settings.
- (2015-05-28, v:1.5.1) Babaziba: Not Working
Did a new Google update render your app useless? I don't see the options to disable mixes or resize covers at all.
- (2015-05-17, v:1.5.1) Andy Rogers: Hi Ralf
Hi Ralf I loved what your extension did before Google have screwed it up again...haha! I hope you agree that their new UI sucks and you are updating your extension to combat it? Cheers, Andy
- (2015-03-20, v:1.5.1) Vishnu Ravi: I dont c the option in my settings?
I dont c any options in my settings?what am I dling wrong? browser restart does not work either?
- (2014-11-19, v:1.5) Steve Coman: My phone
Although your app works wonderfully on my laptop, it does not appear when I access Google Music on my android phone and cannot be located for download. Am I missing a trick here or will it only work on one device?