Facilitate your language learning by marking words in articles, looking up in various dictionaries, and exporting to Anki.
Dictionariez(dictionaries) is a tool that helps you learn languages in the world. [New: it could even connect to your spotify!] Just double click on a word you will see the definition, and click on the app's icon, a dictionary window will pop up. Really simple. The floating definition is the fastest way to look up. In this case the app has builtin dictionaries to support English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean (aka CJK), German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Tajik languages, I am happy to add more languages support if you are interested. The other way is to click on the app's icon, a popup window will show to let you look up any words in a batch of your favorite dictionaries. This way you can look more deeply on the words. And it just looks like a traditional dictionary app. It has auto-completion function, word history, keyboard shortcuts, real human pronunciation and many more. Some example dictionaries include Urban dictionary, Oxford, Cambridge, Longman, Thesaurus, Merrian webster, Collins and Wikipedia etc. My goal is providing a universal tool to look up any word in any language, currently more dictionaries are needed, and more user reviews are wanted to improve its usability, HELP me on github! So it's not just a dictionary app, it's a tool to help you learn. The basic learning flow is like this: reading an article, looking up new words, exporting them to Anki after finish the article. Join me on [Telegram](https://t.me/worldlanguagelearner) & [Discord](https://discord.gg/sazRac4kSa) to learn languages together. We would talk about linguistics, programming, and even have virtual meetings once for a while. New: With the launch of [pnlpal community](https://pnlpal.dev/topic/2/), you can share your reading with pals all over the world now. No matter it's a news story, or a technical review, or even a youtube video. As long as it benefits our programming and language community, you could share it. [Check it](https://pnlpal.dev) by yourself. Let's learn together, and grow together. Some functions you might like: * Automatically pronounce in real American and British accent on English lookup. * Native app like dictionary interface, auto suggestions when you input. * Keep your words in history, and you can manage or export them. * Keyboard shortcuts to make life easier. * Muiltiple dictionaries query at the same time. * Export world list to Anki, supports pronunciation and images. Best of all, it's open-source! Currently more dictionaries are needed, help me by sending me pull request or reviews, thank you. Github: https://github.com/revir/dictionaries - New: Watch YouTube videos on Captionz! - NOTE: FairyDict is a prior version of Dictionariez.
- (2020-11-23) Æ: Finally! I have been looking for ages for this kind of feature. I read a lot of novels and some new keywords are quite new to me. Going to Google every time to search for its meaning has been a hassle. This solves the issue perfectly!
- (2020-11-16) Майкл Стоунбридж: thnaks a lot
- (2020-10-18) Vitto Po: I am happy with this extension . The only thing- I am not able to comprehend what to do with its settings.
- (2020-10-05) Baron von Koeker: this extension is sacred
- (2020-04-16) Phillins Lime: 首先谢谢作者，作为老用户是时候冒一波泡了，FairyDict用了两年了，双击网页查词+点击插件图标调出词典这两个功能可以说是网页浏览者最需要的核心功能，这个插件正好满足这两点，如果需要查看单词详情还可以右键查询。 体验了一下新版本，如下更新： 1.网页查词后自动标记黄色（设置中可关闭） 2.双击查询时自动发音（设置中可关闭） 3.设置中可关闭词典、按动调整词典顺序 4.设置中加入历史记录、可以看到查询时的浏览网页记录 建议 希望能将生词本和查询历史记录分开，觉得重要的单词才加入生词本。右键以及词典查词界面加上“加入生词本”选项，生词本才有rating，历史记录不需要rating，查词界面查词时如果进行rate默认该单词加入生词本。设置界面上面是生词本，下面是历史记录 插件名可以改成Dictionaries-X，这样比较猛