Improves your Crunchyroll experience
Enhance Crunchyroll with a better queue and stylize it in any way you want :D . Not much to tell about it, just check the screenshots and try it out ;-) . And once you do, make sure to check the option page! Like seriously, check the option page! If you don't you will be missing out on so much stuff! If you have features you would love to see, just let me know by writing a review. Just for the record, I will *not* be implementing premium member features for normal members, because that's Crunchyroll's fair right to add or hide. Don't know how to get to the options page? You can get there through the google chrome menu as well, but if that's too hard: Just copy and paste the following link: chrome-extension://pdmgnoogmgjalmocjinpaedbiffbjoim/optionLauncher.html
- (2019-01-13) Alejandro Vldz: When I click on options, the following appears: www.crunchyroll.com rejected the connection. Is there a way to solve this?
- (2016-11-04) Lewis Devine: Fairly poor in my opinion. Most features didn't really work as expected. I'll start with the positive, I really liked the concept of the private queue. Separating the anime I'm watching into categories really helps to organize my queue by allowing me to filter out anime that have no new episodes. The only issue with this is that, when on the "My Queue" section, clicking the "History" button causes these new options to disappear. The options under the "Miscellaneous" tab of the extension options seem to do as described although most don't seem too useful. (To me anyway, others may have uses for them) Unfortunately that's it for the positive, so now onto the bad: Most of the "Custom Styling" options either don't work or don't work as expected: 1) "Fix headbar to top" does indeed fix the headbar to the top, BUT it gets covered up by the main screen content when you scroll, making the feature pointless. 2) "Make Site Widescreen" For the most part does as expected except for on the home page where it makes the top scrolling-preview/ad/suggestions for new anime episodes cover the top row of simulcasts. 3) "Make site 'material design'-y" I had absolutely no idea what this was going to do before I tried it. It appears to add a border around the anime tiles to make them look raised like buttons, an unfortunate side effect seems to be that it ruins the look of the headbar by making everything tiny, changing the font and messing up the centering of the homepage button. 4) "Invert all colours (black theme)" I wouldn't call this a black theme, it does exactly as it says, inverts the colours. The main, area of the screen does indeed turn black, but many other things are effected as well, such as the Crunchyroll logo and the "watch now" buttons turning blue as well as other sections of the site having their colours inverted. I'm not sure if anyone would ever have a use for the Rotate Hue, Sepia or Grayscale options. Rotate Hue alters the Hue of the page , Sepia applies a Sepia filter (Which in my opinion looks awful) and the Grayscale applies grayscale. Can't really complain that they don't do as described though. As a final note, I feel like this could be a good or even great extension with some fixes and various improvements. I would be willing to give this extension another chance and an updated review if the extension is ever updated/patched.
- (2016-01-09) Waffles: Redirects you to a malware site - don't install.
- (2016-01-08) Fitzzz: This extension WAS amazingly useful before. Alas, now it just redirects you to a malware site. Stay away from this extension for now. If this gets fixed I'll make a 4-star review because that's what I would be willing to give it under normal circumstances.
- (2016-01-08) Alex Radu: Didn't work very well, made ads pop up for a paying customer!
- (2015-07-15) Rory Baffle: Embedded ads into crunchyroll. The options section is also broken.
- (2015-07-10) William Nielsen: I love the private queue but it would be better if it used my history to determine if a series is in watching, Or even if I could manually add a series to watching. Currently that category is empty because I usually save up episodes before I watch them.
- (2015-04-25) Isaiah Jensen: love crunchyroll please you have to
- (2014-11-25) Weewoo Johnson: only thing that would've made it better would be presets for the theme
- (2014-11-14) Daniel Lupo: Really cool! Its perfect for nighttime watching since you can make the theme black, so you don't blind yourself. Also, making the text different colors is very appealing. Good job! :]
- (2014-09-17) Andrew D: There are still a few tweaks to be made, but otherwise good on you! Biggest pet peeve of mine is the featured slideshow at the top of the main page. Left of the first images using the widescreen tweak is white, while right of the last images is black. I have a simple tweak that makes it uniform and would like to suggest that you add it in. It appears you inject CSS to enable widescreen, I see for the slideshow, you have #widget_featuredslideshow, have it copy the background color of widget-featuredslideshow-panes for uniformity. Also, while in widescreen mode, initiate a click on the first slideshow page indicator to correct the position to center.
- (2014-08-11) Bill: Thank you! A lot of great features, just sooo happy I can make the site black instead of white! I watch a lot of anime late and when it pops out of fullscreen on autoplay to get to the next episode, this really saves my eyes and night vision :)
- (2014-03-25) Tkdbb156: This is an awesome plugin. The only way I could see it getting better was if we could mess with the filters. I like the look of sepia with the full black background, but hate the video changes. Options to choose what gets filtered would be nice. My only other problem is the Queue. I like the division, but it spreads out a lot with the inconsistency of CR episode teasers. A way to choose which shows go into each tab manually would be a very good improvement. Thanks for the awesome plugin!
- (2014-03-15) Michael McQuade: Can you add the feature to remove the yellow bar on crunchyroll pages that sometimes includes spoilers like "Will naruto ____ ___ find out on the episode 370" It can be x'd out but I sometimes read those and spoil myself and if I could completely disable them it'd rule!
- (2020-01-19, v:0.4.2) AriuS: Feature
Hey! I've been looking around for an third party option to suggest this to as crunchyroll doesnt seem like they are ever going to implement it, i would love it if you would get back to me if you are going to look at adding it so i can recommend your extension to all my friends. I think users (including me) would even pay a dollar or two to have this available in the extension. Feature: the ability to set a video to start and end at a custom time. So for example, im currently on school holidays and binging one piece. the biggest pain in the ass is having to get off my bed and go over to the tv to skip the end credits, go the the next video and skip the intro. If there was a way to set it so that each time a new episode was loaded the player would skip ahead to, say, 3 minutes in to get past the intro and recap and also at around 18min skip to the last second of the video so that the player skips to the next episode. THAT WOULD BE THE BEST FEATURE I COULD EVER THINK OF!!!!! Also i think it would be pretty hard but also a way for the player to stay full screen as it swaps to the next episode. Please get back to me at AriuS#1447 (Discord) :)
- (2019-01-04, v:0.4.2) Lennert Googus: I have reborn the extension.
- (2018-10-08, v:0.4.2) Robert Cooper: CR enhanced has stopped working
I'm sure you've already heard, but it looks like CR has changed their queue page so the Enhancements are no longer working. I'm just wondering if you are going to be able to fix this, as it's an extension that I've been using daily! Thanks!
- (2018-10-05, v:0.4.2) Smea Gol: currently watching doesnt work anymore
sinel begiinning of october the enhacement of the queue doesnt work anymore
- (2018-10-04, v:0.4.2) TwisteAx: In regard to the last 2 posts.
It seems to be due to a change in how CrunchyRoll is handling HTTPS. Using a slightly older version of Chrome, also effected.
- (2018-10-04, v:0.4.2) Casey Heckethorn: No longer working.
As of 10/3/18, this extension is no longer splitting the queue into its convenient tabs. I am guessing Crunchyroll changed the queue page somehow.
- (2018-10-03, v:0.4.2) Zachary Hammond: Help
All of the sudden, CR Enhanced isn't segmenting my queue anymore, figured I may have clicked on something to make this happen, so I checked in options and I haven't disabled the private queue. Not sure what I am doing wrong but even removing and re-adding fixed it.
- (2018-05-16, v:0.4.2) Vitor Marinho: Subs
You can put the option to add a subs that is on the computer?
- (2017-01-13, v:0.4.2) Jared Frisco: Permissions
When I go to add the extension to chrome it's asking for permission to read and change data on all the pages I visit, if I'm not mistaken this addon only needs that permission for crunchyroll and chrome supports permissions for single sites? If what I said is true I'd like to suggest making the permission only apply to crunchyroll as that's my only reservation of adding it to chrome right now. Thanks!
- (2016-03-16, v:0.4.2) Andrew D: Fix headerbar to top
Enabling option sets Z-layer of content above profile popup menu making all options masked and unclickable.
- (2016-01-08, v:0.4.1) Kolby Clark: Apriol Dead
Just thought I would let you know that one of the sources you use for code (which looks like it might be for ads anyway) links to a dead site that is now just being parked with generic ads. You might want to remove that.