Ensure Reddit always loads the old design
Dislike Reddit's redesign? Old Reddit Redirect will ensure that you always load the old (old.reddit.com) design instead. Forces all reddit.com links to old.reddit.com, including navigating to the site, opening links or using old bookmarks. Unlike the account setting for turning off the design, this works regardless of whether you are logged in or not or in incognito mode. Old Reddit Redirect is free and open source software. The code is available at https://github.com/tom-james-watson/old-reddit-redirect. Pull requests are more than welcome.
- (2020-09-10) Z: Works.
- (2020-08-24) Ben Brokke: thank you for making this and providing it for free
- (2020-08-06) WhatsAnOutside: works
- (2020-08-01) Quelex: Great extension, but to echo the previous poster it no longer works with v.reddit.com. You can expand a the image of the thumbnail for the video and then play it but if you don't perfectly click on the controls then it just reloads the thread.
- (2020-08-01) V: No longer works with v.reddit.com...any link to a video hosted on reddit itself just reloads the post without playing the video. Can this be fixed? Or maybe add an option to set exceptions for specific reddit subdomains.
- (2020-07-25) Nick: I love this so much. Thank you.
- (2020-07-21) Pablo Escobar: Extension is amazing, I accidentally removed it and I hated life for an hour before I installed it again.
- (2020-07-18) Liam Walsh: There is an issue with new reddit image hosting service. Reddit added the ability to host images directly on reddit rather than the usual imgur. This extension converts the www.reddit.com/gallery links to old.reddit.com/gallery links, which don't work at all.
- (2020-06-26) Ed Hasaba: I've never had an issue with the extension, but was wondering if a toggle was possible, between www.reddit and old.reddit? Annoyingly they both lack features the other has. Thanks Dev.
- (2020-04-15) Alex: Good good good!!!
- (2020-04-02) Jake: absolutely gorguoues
- (2020-02-18) Omar Mahmoud: its broken sir
- (2020-02-13) Uzair Mohammed: Great extension! Really useful for people like me who find the new design confusing
- (2020-02-03) Hans: thx. new reddit is trash.
- (2019-12-19) Madars: The only sane way to use reddit!
- (2019-12-09) Shoaib Mohammed: This is great and I love it but you should have an option to disable it without fully removing it from chrome
- (2019-12-04) Devin Braun: Works great without any issues. Im staying with old as long as reddit lets me!
- (2019-11-29) Maximilian Ballard: Works as advertised. Simple.
- (2019-11-04) Nick Swenson: makes reddit usable again!
- (2019-10-10) Ikai Kaimi: Works.
- (2019-08-24) Daniel O Broin: 5 stars because it used to work as advertised, 1 star because it no longer works at all. New reddit just loads regardless. So 3 stars on average.
- (2019-08-12) Adam Radziwon: Can you add a dark mode please?
- (2019-07-07) Tyler Robbins: Thank you for making this! :]
- (2019-06-01) John Cornell: Just what I was looking for! Saved me from having to write it myself, thanks :)
- (2019-05-28) Philip McNally: Seamless
- (2020-07-18, v:1.1.4) Henry Li: This breaks the new Reddit gallery feature
Is it possible to exclude this extension from redirecting reddit.com/gallery links to old.reddit.com - as the new gallery feature is not available on old Reddit and it just takes you to a 'Page not found' error.
- (2020-07-01, v:1.1.4) Nate Tepper: Reddit Emails
This extension works almost perfectly for me, except if I click on links from Reddit emails. I have to manually turn those into old.reddit.com. Not a huge deal, but would be great to have that working too.
- (2020-06-29, v:1.1.4) Qfwfq Qfwfq: Is it possible we could have to apply to amp.reddit.com as well? Misses that presently it seems.
I hate AMP.
- (2020-04-26, v:1.1.4) Work Art: removeddit compatibility?
Can we make it so that when domain changes to removeddit, it deletes the old. part?
- (2020-04-01, v:1.1.4) Steven Zandstra: Exceptions list?
Reddit has made /r/imposter. It doesn't work in old.reddit. I can't find a way to make an exception. Can you pelase add one?
- (2019-09-27, v:1.1.3) Andy Zhou: Bug with "more replies"
This didn't happen before but recently I noticed that when I click on "more replies" to expand longer reddit threads, they do not load on the old reddit site but they expand properly on the new one.
- (2019-09-18, v:1.1.3) Michael Wolf: Allow users to make exceptions for certain subreddits and urls. (e.g: reddit.com/rpan/)
Some reddit features cannot be used or accessed via the old url. For example, reddit.com/rpan/ cannot be used with this extension. Right now, I need to disable the extension whenever I use /rpan/, and turn it on again when I want to browse. It would be nice to be able to just define an exception for that domain instead.
- (2019-06-20, v:1.1.3) Chris M: Subdomain URL Entry -> Old reddit Redirect
I would like to suggest that typing in a subreddit via subdomain URL entry redirects you to the old reddit version of that page. For example: 1) New tab 2) typing in: "leagueoflegends.reddit.com" 3) result: new style reddit page loaded Suggested result: you are redirected here: https://old.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/
- (2019-04-07, v:1.1.3) Carl-Cyril Dreue: Please add an option to (temporarily) disable this extension
As a moderator it can sometimes be useful to access reddit redesign. If you could add the option to disable the extension. Either with just a click on the extension icon or a drop down menu. Now I have to go to the extensions page in chrome and disable it which is kind of a hassle. Other than that I love it!
- (2019-04-06, v:1.1.3) Rapha'el Ben Yisra'el: Found solution to old reddit displaying properly:
"Chrome 72 introduced a bug that causes some network issues with extensions. Apparently it's been fixed, however the issue is still present in Chrome 73 for me. The workaround for now is to go to chrome://flags/#network-service, set this option to "Disabled", click "Relaunch Now" on the bottom right, and try opening a video again." I found this solution on another YouTube extension that was having similar problem.
- (2019-03-12, v:1.1.3) Thomas Lenan: No longer working
- (2019-02-27, v:1.1.3) Extension no longer working
Hi there, Myself and a number of users have noted that this no longer appears to be working. I was wondering if you're intending to fix it?
- (2019-02-22, v:1.1.3) Just doesn't work
Install, still get new reddit layout.
- (2019-02-18, v:1.1.3) Bacon Sauce: Doesn't work
Your extension doesn't work anymore, sucks. Are you planning on fixing it or not?
- (2019-02-15, v:1.1.3) Daniël: Stopped Working
Stopped working around here too. Still can manually go to old.reddit.com, so I guess a Chrome update broke its ability to redirect?