Chrome extension with helpers to https://www.dndbeyond.com/.
Current features: --- Monster HP tracker --- Ideal for DMs that use a laptop on their table but not a virtual tabletop. - Enables to add all monsters from unlocked content and homebrew from dndbeyond.com. From monsters listing, monster details page, homebrew monster listing, homebrew collection and homebrew creations; - The monsters can be added with average HP or calculated one; - Creation of independent encounters. This allows to prepare the encounters before hand and quickly swap from one to another; - Change the monsters current HP by clicking and typing the new value or by scrolling to damage or heal; - Customize monsters name, max hp. - Customize hp bar/text color on encounter, list and monsters levels; - Add custom monsters, with hp expressions (ex.: 2d12 + 2); - Reorder monsters and lists of monsters; - Links to each monster added to their details page on dndbeyond.com; - Local offline usage of all encounters already created; - All changes are auto saved and synchronized to google account and accessible from all chromes the account is logged in (unfortunately no support for chrome extensions on mobile). --- Enhanced My Characters Page --- - Characters are sorted by name; - It is possible to create collapsible folders and add characters to them. - Thanks to GM XIX (https://www.gmxix.com) for the layout idea. --- Enhanced Campaign Page --- - Characters are sorted by name; - It is possible to create collapsible folders and add characters to them. - Thanks to GM XIX (https://www.gmxix.com) for the layout idea. --- Editor Plugin --- - Extra button on all editors of the site that enables: -- To add all kinds of tooltips: --- Actions, Conditions, Equipments, Magic Items, Monsters, Senses, Skills, Spells and Weapon Properties; --- (Beta) Backgrounds and Feats; --- (Beta) Homebrew: Backgrounds, Feats, Magic Items, Monsters and Spells. Both from lists and personal collection. -- To add rollable tables; - Extra button on all editors that enables fullscreen mode. P.S.: Background, Feat and Homebrew tooltips may cease to work if the implementation of tooltips changes on dndbeyond.com. Also tooltips of private creation are only viewable by the creator, not even by people that are on the same campaign with sharing enabled. --- Adventure Map References --- - These features applies to "Lost Mine of Phandelver", "Hoard of the Dragon Queen", "Rise of Tiamat", "Princes of the Apocalypse" and "Out of the Abyss" (other adventures will be added later): -- Hoverable tooltips on maps that can be clicked to redirect to the area description or other maps; -- Tooltip links on compendium menus to the maps on the current page; -- Tooltip links on adventures table of contents to the adventure maps; -- Tooltip links on the areas description header back to the corresponding map. - Custom map references: -- Drawing mode that enables a toolbar to draw areas (with features listed above) on any map of any compendium of DDB; -- Extra area type that allows free text tooltips on any map of any compendium of DDB; -- Any area is also editable by a form on options page; -- Customizable colors for each level (bundle, compendium, map, area); -- Custom map areas are organized on bundles that can be exported, shared and imported by the community. --- Compendium TOC on Side Menu --- - Huge thanks to Dawson Conway (https://github.com/dconman) the author of this feature; - This adds the full toc on the side menu for compendiums. --- Play-by-post Notes --- - Huge thanks to gludington (https://github.com/gludington) the author of this feature; - Collapsible area on play-by-post threads of D&D Beyond forum that enables adding private notes related with the campaign; - All data can be seen, deleted, downloaded on the extension configuration page; - Attention: The notes are persisted on the local machine (not synchronized between devices) and are erased if the extension is removed from chrome. --- Compendium References --- - Extra buttons on all compendium pages that enables the user to copy references that can be pasted on: -- D&D Beyond editors, and after saving the editor content the reference becomes a link to the compendium that also is hoverable and shows a tooltip; -- Rich-text editors like Microsoft Word, Google Doc, Gmail and it becomes a link to the compendium with the referenced header as text; -- Non rich-text editor as a link to the compendium --- Roll on Tables --- - Enables click to roll on most of the tables of the compendium and description pages. --- Monster CR --- - Badge on monster list and monster detail pages that highlights monster CR; - Thanks to Tony (https://github.com/zeg-io) for the layout and idea. --- Character Page Favicon --- - Changes the favicon of character page and character builder page to the character avatar. --- Global Options --- - Turn on/off features of Beyond Help (right click on extension icon, then click on options, or click on wrench icon on pop up page). Enjoy!
- (2019-03-12) Dackota Johnson: Very nice plugin that lets me stay within Chrome where I have just about everything else I need as a DM anyways. My only suggestion to have it be a complete combat tracker would be to add initiative similar to health where it can auto roll for it or I can set it.
- (2019-02-11) Very awesome, suggestion if you have time: When adding monsters, it's super easy to click them in, but if you want to delete them, you have to click the cog and hit delete. Maybe an X right next to the cog to just quick delete the monster? Otherwise, awesome work!
- (2019-02-02) Patrick DeCastro: I was so impressed with the maps with linked references. I was disappointed that only a few campaigns had linked content. But I look forward to future additions. I hope this hasn't fallen by the wayside in lieu of other feature updates. Curse/fathom should consider making this an official feature in DDB. I just picked up LMoP when I noticed the linked references and it made me want to pick up more adventures just for that. As a new DM who started with digital content, it's a great extra to have these references to minimize the necessity of having to flip back and forth through pages, search PDFs and search for keywords in the midst of an adventure.
- (2018-09-13) D K: My only complaint is that not all the maps have been linked. Other than that, it's great!
- (2018-08-30) Adam Apperson: Sweet Saranrae! Linked map locations!? Yes, please and thank you. Character folders? Phew. Great job!
- (2018-07-06) Wyatt Mann: A lot of work and love has been applied to this easy-to-use extension!
- (2018-07-06) Kornstalx: The map overlay tool is invaluable as a DM! So much info at a glance.
- (2018-05-24) Eran Arbel: It's incredibly useful when managing monsters in combat. I just wish if it could have a note section so I could write in some tactics ahead of time.
- (2017-12-22) Matt DeKok: Love the ability to sort characters into folders! Very helpful!
- (2017-12-18) Kappus117: Fantastic, simple application. Retail space of my notebook paper is extremely valuable as a DM, and having this application track their HP has been an epic boon. Ran into a small glitch, but I've reached out to the developer and received a response / working resolution within minutes.
- (2017-11-28) Oliver Barker: Sparse, but very useful. The reconfigured print layout is excellent for preparing a pen and paper game. The encounter tracker is most handy for impromptu gaming. An amazing addition would be a function to print all the monsters in an encounter as a batch, along with an initiative tracking sheet. I don't know if that would be possible. Monster images on printouts would be nice too!
- (2017-11-13) Cory Owens: + Clean UI + Runs quickly - Can't add arbitrary lines (for instance, if I just want to track the HP on a door or other terrain feature, or some monster made up on the spot) Would also appreciate initiative tracking, but that might clutter the UI.
- (2017-10-21) Ana Mesquita: Really nice features, pretty good to manage encounters getting the best possible usage on DnDBeyond during a session.