An extension to control audio or video playing in background tabs.
A Chrome extension that will let you play and pause videos or songs playing in other browser tabs. If you are listening to music on Youtube while visiting another web page, you won't need to go back to Youtube to pause the video. Extremely simple to use: * pick the tab where the music is playing * use the keyboard shortcut to play or pause Default keyboard shortcut: ⇧ + alt + P Customizable by going to: chrome://extensions
- (2018-11-19) ムジュリン: 別ウィンドウになっているタブも一覧に表示されると、更に最高です！
- (2018-11-01) Andrew Cengiz: Doesn't work. The default shortcut doesn't work and there's nowhere to change it.
- (2018-04-20) Anıl Reyhan: Excellent idea. Works great. but I couldn't change the keyboard shortcut.
- (2018-02-15) Solar Return: Excellent idea. Works with Youtube. Somewhat deficient execution only because of the choice of possible keyboard shortcuts is too narrow. No function buttons, no Scroll Lock, none of the other useless bunch my keyboard has. I am not ready to give up all of the other combinations that I already use, such as CTRL+S or SHIFT+Z. The combination for this must be easy to remember, find and execute. Otherwise, i'll just fumble through my tabs. Found this one though: CTRL+<- (right control and left arrow). I wish the extension would just let me click it's icon in chrome to toggle play/pause. Didn't see anything where it says how to configure (options button is disabled for some reason). So, here is how: 1. In chrome, open extensions page (sandwich menu>more tools > extensions) 2. Scroll all the way down and look at the bottom edge of extensions page. 3. See "Keyboard shortcuts"? Click that, and find this extension in the list. Still, a great help, so Thank you!
- (2016-04-09) Justin Jerome: Didn't work with youtube
- (2015-09-26) Artistick's Design: best useful quick pause (only shotcut)
- (2015-08-14) Stephen Matthews II: Works exactly as promised! To change keyboard shortcut, open Extensions, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click "Keyboard shortcuts" in the lower right-hand corner.
- (2015-05-13) Toan Ta: tuiy67ui
- (2020-02-07, v:0.5.1) Quan Le Dong: Shortcut
How can we change the shortcut to mute tab
- (2018-04-03, v:0.5.1) William Fleming: Customizable
How are you supposed to change the keyboard shortcut?
- (2017-03-08, v:0.5.1) Игорь Охотин: pause tab
Hello, is there a function to pause a tab, instead of mute?
- (2015-06-09, v:0.5.1) Ian Dorn: Taskbar
Awesome Extension. It would be even cooler if you had an App associated that "recreated" the pull down from chrome on the taskbar. I often listen to you tube in the background while working on other software. a quick link pull-up menu like the start menu from windows would make this the go to control software of choice for me.