Legendary Prince of Persia is now available for Chrome! Play Prince of Persia retro game
While the Sultan of Persia is fighting a war in a foreign country, his Grand Vizier Jaffar orchestrates a coup d'état. His way to the throne lies through the Sultan's lovely daughter. Jaffar kidnaps her and threatens to kill her if she refuses to marry him. Meanwhile, the man the Princess loves is thrown into the dungeon. He has only one hour to escape from his prison, defeat the guards on his way, and stop Jaffar before the terrible marriage takes place. Prince of Persia is a 2D platformer that is commonly regarded as a progenitor of the cinematic platform genre. Rather than following the more common jump-and-run mechanics, it focuses on careful advancement through fairly complex levels, emphasizing the protagonist's vulnerability and survival aspect. Rotoscoping technique is used to give more realism to the animation of the characters' movements. The protagonist must avoid deadly traps, solve some simple jumping and environmental puzzles (such as stepping on pressure plates to raise portcullis), and engage in sword fights with the guards. The player character has an infinite amount of lives, but has to restart at the beginning of a level each time he dies, and must complete the game within an hour. The hero starts with three units of health, which can be replenished with small health potions or permanently increased with large jars. The Game Boy Color and SNES versions of the game feature additional levels and new enemies. The Genesis version has a new intro, an altered set of graphics and four new levels.
- (2020-03-19) Kevin Pillay: I am white.
- (2019-02-12) Sripada Siddarth: i am finally able to play my favorate game
- (2018-10-09) Diane Williams: splendid, I've been looking for such an extension for a long time
- (2018-10-09) Tiffany Mendes: Great gameplay, and also graphics is fantastic
- (2018-10-09) Brian Parks: The fun way to kill time.
- (2018-10-09) Mark Sutton: Great, just one click and your favorite game in your Chrome
- (2018-10-09) S: Gomes: Nice to be able to use Prince of Persia in my browser, are so easy to use. I'm glad I stumbled on this game.
- (2018-10-09) Leah Vance: Now it's much easier to play Prince of Persia . I liked this extension.
- (2018-10-09) Mr XXX: The fun way to kill time.
- (2018-10-09) Jack Booker: compared to all the others this is by far the best …
- (2018-10-09) Greg Ley: This game is BEAUTIFUL! It is worth downloading.