Add YouTube, SoundCloud, Vimeo music from any web page to playlist. Listen, aggregate, synchronize between PCs and share.
PlayTheInternet is all about discovering and listening to new music on the web. It allows you to seamlessly add songs "directly" from web page to either local or synchronized playlists and has a bunch of ways to control the player. FEATURES************************** SUPPORTED PLAYERS • YouTube • SoundCloud • Vimeo LOCAL AND SYNCHRONIZED PLAYLIST DIFFERENCE • synchronized playlists has a limit of ~250 youtube, vimeo videos and less for soundcloud songs • local playlists does not have this limit but are bound to particular PC PLAYLIST FEATURES • drag and drop songs between playlists • multiselect songs(use CTRL+Click to unselect song) HOTKEYS • play/pause toggle, play, pause, next, previous, open panel • hotkeys can be set either as chrome or global hotkeys PANEL • is an experimental feature and should be enabled first(follow instructions in extension to enable panels) • is a window outside of chrome frame making it convenient to control player • can stick to taskbar • can be minimized, will appear when mouse cursor is approaching CONTEXT MENU • add songs to current playlist through chrome context menu • add a link, whole page, selected text ********************************* Steps to create and play your first playlist: 1) Click on PlayTheInternet icon when browsing your favorite sites(Facebook, reddit, etc..) - all the songs should appear in "Parsed" playlist 2) drag&drop songs from "Parsed" playlist to the "Playing" playlist on the right 3) click on thumbnail to start playing Check out videos below on what this beast is capable of ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf7jhuCR-VI&list=PLneVFLAzmtBZY4iUZxMmW176eDKN_L9WQ
- (2019-05-05) Amr Skr: ممتاز شكرا لكن لماذا لا تسمح بحذف فيديو من قائمة التشغيل؟ نظام التشغيل لدي = لينكس
- (2019-02-15) Petko Ditchev: Hello, the extension is great. I only have to mention that you have no clear contact information. I wanted to ask if the extension has any prospect of becoming open source. I want to assemble a setup where I can add songs from the web to a playlist (what this extension does) and then sync them to my phone, computer, etc (+converting to m3u/xspf and caching the songs locally). Your extension would be a great Chrome component for that setup. You can contact me at pditchev in gmail if you like the idea.
- (2019-01-20) Isaac Plovanic: What a great idea. The web version did not work for me, but after tinkering with the extension enough, I was able to get enough out of it that I wanted. I was also unable to delete selections from a playlist. I wanted to be able to share playlists as well, but I was unable to figure that out; perhaps that's web version only. I look forward to this being developed more. It truly has a lot of potential.
- (2018-10-01) Meta Master: Flawless functionality. This YouTube playlist functionality without requiring YouTube be open in a tab is one-of-a-kind to this extension. Thank you.
- (2015-08-09) is it possable to connect this to youtube
- (2015-05-04) Konstantin K.: It works nice, thank you! But it looks like extension can't handle shortened links to youtube, like t.co and other services. The internets are full of shortened links nowadays, maybe you'd like to add this unshortening functionality some day?
- (2013-11-13) Veri gut ekstenshn!