Preview 3D website built for JanusVR without leaving your browser
JanusVR is a new 3D web browser designed to allow you to experience websites in virtual reality. While Janus is great for exploring 3D spaces, it takes a lot of set up to actually view anything. That's where the HoloSpace extension comes in. With HoloSpace, you can preview these 3D environments without leaving Chrome. Simply point your browser at a URL that contains FireBox HTML code, tap the extension, and you are presented with a pop-up window into the 3D world. HoloSpace is currently in beta, so it may not work perfectly for every site. Please let don't hesitate to report any bugs so we can improve.
- (2016-03-05) Garry F: Very cool tool, bringing 2D and 3D web browsing much closer together! However, this app is ready for an update.
- (2015-10-07) Oculus Hut: Fantastic extension. Will there be more development on this or can people contribute towards it in any way?
- (2015-07-21) Reza Fouladian: Worked good, although I haven't tested it too far. One problem I noticed is that it doesn't support JanusVR code that is in comment tags like JanusVR does.
- (2015-05-22) Allan Parker: Amazing potential
- (2015-05-18) Lee Nolan: For us at VR Sites this is an amazing addon, seamlessly browsing Janus VR content while using Chrome is a fantastic idea and very innovative. Obviously a bit buggy right now as it is early but I look forward to watching this progress.
- (2015-05-18) Charles Applin: As an initial offering, this has enormous potential. A little buggy with some rooms. In addition, there's almost zero interaction which is understandable at this point. Some simple improvements can make this really amazing. Ex. #1 - Reddit, IMGUR, and FLICKr have translated rooms for Janus. Ex. #2 - Door links can be clicked and change the chrome browser to that page (which we then activate HoloSpace again). Ex. #3 - Some files like .dae, .obj, .img and .mp4 create Janus rooms. Maybe simulate the translated versions if possible.