Fix misspelled words in YouTube transcripts with a single click!
Fix all misspelled words and expressions of YouTube transcripts (subtitles) right from the online YouTube editor with one single click. Create your own personal list of misspelled words that must be replaced in your video and process them all with one click: huge time saver! This extension works only when you are on the official online YouTube subtitle editor website. FEATURES: - Fix misspelled words in your entire transcript with one click - Store a list of common misspelled words and fix all of them with one click (preprocess feature) - Create the start of a sentence easily: click on a word, tap twice on CTRL! It will make the first letter of the word in uppercase and add a dot at the end of the previous word if needed. KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS - Open the extension panel with CTRL+SHIFT+F - Click on the first word of a sentence, tap twice on CTRL to create the start of a sentence HOW DOES IT WORKS? 1. Log yourself into YouTube 2. Open YouTube Studio 3. Select the "Subtitles" category on the left panel 4. Select the video you want to edit the subtitles from (at this step the URL should start by https://studio.youtube.com/channel/<your_channel_ID>/translations or https://studio.youtube.com/video/<your_channel_ID>/translations) 5. Click on the "edit" or "duplicate and edit" button next to the subtitle your want to edit 6. WARNING: You MUST use the mode "edit as text" for the extension to work properly. So tap on this button in order to put the entire text of subtitles in one big block of text. That way the extension can search and replace in the whole text otherwise it will modify only a part of the text that is currently displayed in the interface. 7. You can now use this extension, enjoy! Thanks!
- (2020-12-21) Marcus Humberg: This is a great timesaver for folks editing captioning in YouTube's new editor. As you may know, YouTube's automatic captioning does not do any grammatical, punctuation, or capitalization edits. This tool helps breeze through the wall of text you get from the automatic transcription. Tap CTRL twice and it places a period and capitalizes the next word. Find and replace on all other words that are capitalized - months, names, places, etc. This one extension on one 40 minute videos has already saved me hours of tedious manual work. Bravo!
- (2020-01-30) Weamix: Très pratique !
- (2020-11-04, v:2.0.3) Isabella Watson: Youtube Studio Update problems
I find this so helpful, as creating subtitles for youtube videos is my job. Can you update the extension so it works on the current studio, or suggest another option. Keep me updated- Thank you!
- (2020-10-07, v:2.0.2) Antony Lo: Stopped working in Subtitles
It isn't working anymore in the new studio - and I can't seem to get to classic studio - any ideas or updates?
- (2020-10-06, v:2.0.2) Susan Carey: stopped working
Hi, I was using your extension and it stopped working. I've tried to remove and add back several times.